Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Are Kona guitars good?

I just paid $2300.00,,, for a kona guitar from a mildy retarded asian man at an afterhours club saturday night in Los Angeles......what didi I do?Did I feck up?....hey bro good times

Re: the value of my Gibson L6S guitar

:Hi, I have a gibson L6S NUMBER 925859.
Dont have any idea about it, its in beautifull condition, origional machine heads and all.
I cant find it anywhere on the internet either.
Can anyone help?

JOjo

Re: the value of my Gibson L6S guitar

I have to say some of the statements here are ringing true as far as the quality and playability of this instrument. the "L6S" began manufacture in 1973 from all I have read. The book market value of the axe is between 350 to about 575 bucks at 100% mint. that is according the the books and the internet. But to the owner this musical work horse is priceless. Since the serial numbers for Gibson are erronious up to about 1986 or so. The serial number doesn't have much meaning for the older Gibson guitars for the most part. Mine is a full blonde first run (Maple everything). I have attempted to trace the serial number without success. All of this series (Midnight Special, L6S Delux and L6S) Run pretty much at the same price range, Although as stated above "PRICELESS". Hope this helps but I say don't worry about the market value.....it is a true keeper.

Re: Which electrick guitars have a wide neck ?

: Go to a store and find a neck that feels good, then get the specs on it (radius, etc), then if ya get a fender you can bolt on one the size ya want, or just use the info when checking out guitars (specs) online. check put PRS, they have real nice necks on most their models.

:
: : Hi,
: : I want to start playing an electric guitar. Being a acoustic guitar player I had some bad expierence in the past struggling with my fingers on a cheap Fender clone. Can anybody advise me if there are any types you can buy with a wide neck,

: : Cheers !

martin gutair value

I'm looking to buy a vintage Martin, I have found one it is in good condition the year is 1935. What is the appox. value of this gutair?

Re: martin gutair value

: I'm looking to buy a vintage Martin, I have found one it is in good condition the year is 1935. What is the appox. value of this gutair?

Reply: in addition to this guitar's condition, MODEL NUMBER is everything. Many people seem to go for the D-28. Most older Martins have no truss rod in the neck. That usually makes them harder to play, without any adjustment. A professional neck reset usually solves the problem, for a good period of time, but decreases the value unfortunately. I've had an older D-28 and a D-35, neither one with a truss rod or reset. They too were in "good condition" but not as player-friendly as any guitar with an adjustable neck.

All the best, Strat Man Dwight

hola tengo un ampli fender y...

hola tengo un ampli fendre six rever de valvulas del año 64 pero el cajo de padera de las cornetas de pudrio por la humedad asi q separe el cabezal y saque las cornetas , seis cornetas celestion me gustaria q porfavor si es posible me alludaran y me mandaran los planos del cajon o un cajon similar para volver a utilizar el ampli con todo su sistema electrico muchas gracias de ante mano recomendare su pagina

Ibanez GB20

I'm looking to buy an Ibanez GB20 in brown sunburst.

Re: Ibanez GB20

: I'm looking to buy an Ibanez GB20 in brown sunburst.

They are hard to find but worth the effort. Beautiful choice. All the best. Strat Man Dwight

for Gary re: 1941 C-1 Martin

Hi, I see that the moderator has not posted my very detailed reply to your question, following my research. Anyhow, going by memory, Martin made this model from 1931 - 42, discontinued the round soundhole on this model in 1934 and continued making them, like yours with F-holes till 1942. Sorry the reply with all of the other details & specs didn't make it. Strat Man Dwight

Sfarzo Strings

Anybody actually tried Sfarzo Strings? Likes/dislikes? I read about them on this site in the 2000 Database. They will make packages with your own logo, band or design but what about the strings? Are they still in business? Thanks, Strat Man Dwight

fender strat squier made in usa

fender strat squier made in usa

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender strat squier made in usa

zoom505 mk2

are the paches for the 505 and 505mk2 the same ?

Gibson THOR Amp

My dad bought a Thor Bass Amp with twin speakers. It's very heavy and still works fine. We think it was bought new in the 60's and has been in his church since then. The church recently moved to a new facility and my dad bought the amp. Is it a ventage amp or just another old amp?

Model THOR Serial Number E-12203

HELP!

I own an Alvarez acoustic/electric that has the f-holes instead of the normal sound hole. I know absolutely nothing about this guitar excepts that it sounds awesome. I'm moving however and need to get rid of it and would have no idea what to ask for it. I hate to get rid of it but i have no choice. IFANYONE has any information on this guitar whatsoever, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: CORT

I have a six-string Cort acoustic cutaway with a pickup. I had never heard of the brand name of this made-in-Korea instrument before I bought it, but I sure love playing this guitar. I don't expect to ever need to buy another acoustic. Incidentally, I've owned a couple of other acoustics previously that I didn't like nearly so well (mind you, they were cheaper).

: Anybody have any comments regarding Cort Guitars?
: Good, Bad

My buddy has a handmade Cort acoustic and it is one of the most beautiful sounding guitar's i've heard. Definitly good materials and detail put into making the guitar. I've also heard their bass guitars and are equally as good. So if you can find a nice one, i say go for it.

: Anybody have any comments regarding Cort Guitars?
: Good, Bad

I have owned a Cort 6 string (An Earth 200) since Dec 2000. Its definitely one of the best sounding guitars around- and will only get better as it has a solid spruce top and mahogony back. Considering it cost uder $500aus is hard to believe when compared to Martins and Matons that is....do yourself a comparison and then buy!

Re: HELP!

: I own an Alvarez acoustic/electric that has the f-holes instead of the normal sound hole. I know absolutely nothing about this guitar excepts that it sounds awesome. I'm moving however and need to get rid of it and would have no idea what to ask for it. I hate to get rid of it but i have no choice. IFANYONE has any information on this guitar whatsoever, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Your question is put very politely, you deserve anyone's consideration and help. All I know is that information on Alvarez vintage guitars is being sought by many others, and might also be found by joining the info request forum at www.alvarezgtr.com. At least you'll see you have many additional friends that share your experience. Strat Man Dwight

Cant Find DavisTrade.com is there a problem with me?

Cant Find DavisTrade.com is there a problem with me?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cant Find DavisTrade.com is there a problem with me?

Martin 0M28

Need upper bout and waist dimensions for OM28 Martin.
These dimensions are not listed on Martin's website.
Please send answer to jhcsr@direcway.com

Metal Guitar

Hey! What's a good guitar for playing Metal?

P.S. Got HOT Pictures and stuff? Send em to guitar_freakx5150@yahoo.com

Re: Metal Guitar

you could try a Jackson, maybe an ibanez, or a BC Rich, but why not be different and try a Gibson J200 plugged into a Tubescreamer on 10/10/10 direct into the front of a TSL100 on 11/11/11/11/11/11/11 sitting on top of 2 4X12 Marshall stacks kitted out with GT75's, you could use a fishman rare earth pickup on the J200, and maybe roll off the tone a little on the TSL100 to sort out the feedback.

Awesome Guitars

Hey! What's a really fast guitar to play? Ibanez?

P.S. Got HOT Pictures pics of girls? Send em to guitar_freakx5150@yahoo.com

Re: Awesome Guitars

ibanez are fast but not the fastest, if you want the ferrari of the guitar world you need to travel east, you need to go to Korea, for in the mid to late seventies there was born a guitar called the 'Hondo 2' , production was later taken over by japan and quality suffered greatly, for it was only in the fabled Korean Hondo's that the Truss rod was felt to be 'an optional extra' .
the resulting warped necks and lifting fretboards (wrong glue)and double height extra thick jumbo frets, only added to the playing experience, the fact that the pickups were so dull that you had to use a 'tone booster' treble pedal to get any cut did not matter. the pure joy of getting that mother out of your unpadded gig bag was always sure to put a smile on your face, and anyone else who saw the name on the headstock, and if you could actualy play it in key with the rest of the band, it was considered a miracle, and the vatacan would send a team of preists to verify it. many people have tried and all have failed.

I sincerely hope that when the Koreans get all of their nuclear weapons built, that they are just as deadly as their Hondo guitars! Strat Man Dwight

South Koreans toe the line, its those northerners you have to watch out for, never trust anybody who considers a 'cat in batter, with lemon grass and herbs' a delicasy.
Meow.

Did gibson make any s s stewart guitars

I bought a s s stewart 6 sting guitar at a yard sale..The guy told me it was made by gibson.. It is an old guitar, but it doesn't have a sticker on the inside of it..It just says s s stewart on the top .. Does anyone know if gibson indeed did make some s s stewart guits.... Thanks

Re: Did gibson make any s s stewart guitars

I don't think Gibson ever made such a guitar. Many older guitars from the 30's to the 50's were made by either Harmony in the States (Chicago), or Regal of Chicago. Examples by Regal would have no sticker inside, and would include the logo of choice, if more than 50 units were ordered. Regal is often confused with the old Gibsons of Kalamazoo, Mich. I have no idea why. People commonly say that certain guitars are made by Gibson also; must be a selling point. Gibson might have been the company behind Pan guitars, and are definitely responsible for the fine line of Orville guitars from Japan, and as everyone knows, Epiphone.

Strat Man & Gibson Historian Dwight

Re: Did gibson make any s s stewart guitars

Gibson most certianly made a version of an L-2 in the early '30s. I own one and have seen a photo of another. The stamp on the neck block is identical to the numeric order of my '31 gold-sparkle bound Argentine grey 12 -fret flattop.THey were both built by the same hands at Gibson.....Thanks...Neil

Ideal guitar for a serious beginner

I, my daughter wants an electric guitar, and I'm thinking of buying a used one. She likes Nirvana pretty much.

What model do you suggest?

Re: Gibson forum

: Hi'

Les Paul Forum...it has Other Gibson Section also.
http://www.lespaulforum.com/base.html

: I've gone crazy, and bought a Gibson ("V") and now I'm looking for a gibson discussion forum, if there is any?)).

: Thanks,

: Yvette

Re: Ideal guitar for a serious beginner

: I, my daughter wants an electric guitar, and I'm thinking of buying a used one. She likes Nirvana pretty much.

: What model do you suggest?

: Thanks :)

Okay, everyone please add their opinion, I'm not trying to steal your opportunity. But with 2 daughters of my own, and the Nirvana clue, I recommend Fender Jagstang, seems they might be making them again, but still our buddy here wants used, and that's great. Regardless of the age and size of the player, the Jagstang is doable. Features lightweight basswood body, very short scale of under 23 inches, and a thin girth of the neck at the nut, near headstock. Just a real easy to play and good sounding guitar, with ALL of the Curt Cobain inspiration and vibe. Second choice: Cyclone - similar features, less collectible and more readily available. Not the Mustang. I/we have all 3. Speaking from experience. Curt used many explitives in criticizing Mustangs and I agree. Strat Man Dwight Listmayer

Re: Ideal guitar for a serious beginner

I'd go with the first choice, a little expensive for a beginer guitar but a very nice guitar. not too keen on the cyclone, its pointless recomending a Epi LP standard if she is a kurt nut.

Re: Download Songs

: : Sir I want download Waisa bhi hota hai...... songs

info needed hers m enail if you wanna anwser back

yeh can somebody tell info aout it and ho invented it?

What is the value

Martin D28 Serial #302622 & Fender F35 Serial # F921498. Thanks for your help.

Re: What is the value

: Martin D28 Serial #302622 & Fender F35 Serial # F921498. Thanks for your help.

If you're selling, there is a gentleman in the most recent postings who is in the market for the Martin. Strat Man Dwight

model diagram hohner b bass,v

model diagram hohner  b bass,v

This popular thread has been given its own page : model diagram hohner b bass,v

bass guitars / trade 5 for 6 String

Hello out there. I am a somewhat begenner bass player.First time I picketone up I was 13 yr played punk till 16 and now at 34 just started backup playing for3yrs anything from rock / metal/ funk / dance/ tecno / my ? is dose anyone trade basses I have a 5 string 20th anniversary squier jazz bass .I like to have a 6 string bass E/mail me back please at mojoo069@hotmail.com

Re: EPI SHERATON II - JOHN L.HOOKER LTD.ED.or is it?

: And you thought maybe they made one in germany or usa. Don't think so.

Re: EPI SHERATON II - JOHN L.HOOKER LTD.ED.or is it?

: And you thought maybe they made one in germany or usa. Don't think so.

bass guitars / trade 5 for 6 String

Hello out there. I am a somewhat begenner bass player.First time I picketone up I was 13 yr played punk till 16 and now at 34 just started backup playing for3yrs anything from rock / metal/ funk / dance/ tecno / my ? is dose anyone trade basses I have a 5 string 20th anniversary squier jazz bass .I like to have a 6 string bass E/mail me back please at mojoo069@hotmail.com

Re: vintage guitar parts

Looking for a Pick guard for a 1965 gibson ES-120T. Anyone know if these exists? Thanks Phil

hello from zimbabwe!

hello from zimbabwe!

Re: hello from zimbabwe!

: hello from zimbabwe!

and a good old "howdy" back to you my friend!

OM Martin plans for 14 fret

I am looking for blueprint plans for a Martin (OM) 14 fret guitar. I know the neck is different in length from the 000 model, if you can help I would appreciate it as I am in the process of constructing a kit I won on ebay from bluecreek guitars and the plans would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Ron

AMP EQ Settings

Any cool Amp settings, preferably metal

Conrad Acoustic Guitars

I have a conrad 40212 and am also looking for information on them. There is a local myth about my guitar that it was a present from the musician Donovan,but I have no way of knowing if this is true. If there are any good sites for Conrad guitars please let me know

fender squier, stratocaster,1972

fender squier, stratocaster,1972

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender squier, stratocaster,1972

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.