Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

about charges

what is the minimum charges for download?

gibson LP SG reissues

can anyone tell me why these reissues with the Lyre tailpiece have been discontinued? They are still available from the historic custom shop for a ridiculous price of 2799.00 but they discontinued the "regular" model which was around 1799.00. They are only available with the stop tailpiece. If I was going to spend almost 3000.00 for a reissue why wouldnt I just come up with another 2 grand and get a real one? Of course Gibson wont answer me cause I am a nobody. Anybody out there know the facts on why this guitar wa discontinued?

Re: gibson LP SG reissues

This is a multi-pronged question. First, we're all somebody at Gibson. That's why they have the customer info line 1-800-4-GIBSON. I talk to them frequently. The "guys" have told me before they just don't know anything. The company doesn't let then know this kind of information, so they can't tell us. Their scope is more technical. If they knew the answers, I'd trust them to tell us. Gibson is much more open & friendly than many of the other biggies.

Generally, Gibson wants to keep their offerings simple, and appealing (in both features and price) to the mass market. Their catalogues recently have shown only 4 Les Pauls and 4 SG's. LP Custom, Standard, Classic, Studio. SG Supreme, Standard, Special, Junior. Actually, there are SG 61 reissues & have been other LP models with all of the flametop issues, burstbuckers etc. but I haven't seen them listed? That's strange ... some US stores have added them to their own catalogues. But I haven't seen a lyre or vibrola tailpiece in awhile, except as you know from the historic shop. For some reason, these and other "reissues" which are deemed not for the masses, are aimed at connoiseurs who might be able to fork out the extra $2,000. It's a marketing thing for sure. Limited numbers, higher prices, old trick, I guess?

But, I wonder, I think I've seen recent Epiphones out there, like a white SG with gold hardware and vibrola. Anyone else? Strat Man (and Gibson Hotrodder) Dwight

Re: gibson LP SG reissues

: This is a multi-pronged question. First, we're all somebody at Gibson. That's why they have the customer info line 1-800-4-GIBSON. I talk to them frequently. The "guys" have told me before they just don't know anything. The company doesn't let then know this kind of information, so they can't tell us. Their scope is more technical. If they knew the answers, I'd trust them to tell us. Gibson is much more open & friendly than many of the other biggies.

: Generally, Gibson wants to keep their offerings simple, and appealing (in both features and price) to the mass market. Their catalogues recently have shown only 4 Les Pauls and 4 SG's. LP Custom, Standard, Classic, Studio. SG Supreme, Standard, Special, Junior. Actually, there are SG 61 reissues & have been other LP models with all of the flametop issues, burstbuckers etc. but I haven't seen them listed? That's strange ... some US stores have added them to their own catalogues. But I haven't seen a lyre or vibrola tailpiece in awhile, except as you know from the historic shop. For some reason, these and other "reissues" which are deemed not for the masses, are aimed at connoiseurs who might be able to fork out the extra $2,000. It's a marketing thing for sure. Limited numbers, higher prices, old trick, I guess?

: But, I wonder, I think I've seen recent Epiphones out there, like a white SG with gold hardware and vibrola. Anyone else? Strat Man (and Gibson Hotrodder) Dwight

Additional footnote. This is a good one for wwww.lespaulforum.com too. Andrew

Wants to find a Vicente Tatay Guitar

Wants to find a Vicente Tatay Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Wants to find a Vicente Tatay Guitar

buying a guitar

I'm looking to purchase a left handed guitar. I am a beginner. I'm not sure what is the best type to buy for the money. Can someone help me out?

Re: buying a guitar

My earlier reply went to the moderator. Must have been a problem with a key word, I'm still trying to figure it out. Maybe I used the name of a certain Country? Just one word (one more word) THIS time. Yamaha. Strat Man Dwight

Blues Saraceno Never Look Back tab

hey i'm struggling to find a tab anywhere for the song "Never Look Back" by Blues Saraceno. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Blues Saraceno Never Look Back tab

Hey man, I have "Never Look Back" if you want it. Do you have any songs from the album "Plaid"?

searching music

iam searching dhol mix rapture

need help with winmx?

I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET YOU STARTED OR EXPLAIN HOW TO USE WINMX

Re: need help with winmx?

: I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET YOU STARTED OR EXPLAIN HOW TO USE WINMX

mine always says finding network connection and never does.what do i do??

a guitar

im sillin a jackson performer who wants to buy it?

Re: a guitar

Sillin?? is that a new one?

Knobs

Anybody know where i can but a replacement knob for a Peavey T-15

Re: Knobs

The replacement you are looking for will match with many other Peavey models. If you don't have a dealer or multiple dealers in your area or territory (don't be afraid to call long distance or email) you might have to rely on ebay with the appropriate search. For such an unusual and specific part, it takes some effort and hopefully you will be rewarded with success. Of course other knobs, generic, chrome dome etc. would fit if you did not require an exact match. Strat Man Dwight

it is very nice

Re: message

i think so too, but even better in blue.

aspri reverbs

Somebody lent me an ASPRI REVERB ,i found it quite interesting and i would like to know where i could find this accessory somewhere in france. I live in Strasbourg. Please could you help me. Franck

Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

The seller claims it is a Teisco Del Ray from the 60's. But I can't find a similar Del Ray anywhere on the net. So, do anyone of you have any ideas?

You'll find pictures here:
http://www.stefansen.org/guitar/guitar.htm

I would appreciate any help I can get. This is driving me crazy. :)

Re: Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

I'm almost as curious as you. It certainly has Teisco features and lineage. Maybe a SS-4L or perhaps a later Guyatone?

There is one man for sure who can tell. He is Michael Wright from Vintage Guitar Books, Bismarck, North Dakota USA, tel (701)255-1197 fax recommended: (701) 255-0250. Perhaps you have seen his article linked to the Teisco Twanger's website? He will find your answer, please let us know, or post it on your site when the mystery is solved. Nice site of your own by the way! Canada's Strat Man & Historian Dwight

Re: Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

Hi Dwight,

Thank your for your compliments and tips. I have never visited Teisco Twanger's site before, but I am there now. :) I am going to read Michael Wright's article, if I can find it. And, I will try to get in touch with him and ask him for his help.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks!

- Ole S -

A recommended forum

Thought I'd let you in on a great guitar forum, the people there are really nice and friendly.

http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=19

This goes out especially to lee, as i think he needs a change since he's been here for a coupla billion years.

Cheers!

Re: A recommended forum

yeah, but who would fill the void i would leave behind?? who has the expieience? the know how? the understanding?? and who would defend the Gibson??
I think of this forum like the Alamo, and im Davey Crocket!!

: yeah, but who would fill the void i would leave behind?? who has the expieience? the know how? the understanding?? and who would defend the Gibson??
: I think of this forum like the Alamo, and im Davey Crocket!!

Oh dear, i think you are proving my point.
i still want you to stay though!
You could never leave this here town.
I can imagine you on a derelict desert landsape, laying off hordes of hindi tab researchers with only an old raccoon and a guitar to your name. Okay okay, i'll stop now.
man im tired.

And you've done a sterling, tremendous job here. Be proud.

: yeah, but who would fill the void i would leave behind?? who has the expieience? the know how? the understanding?? and who would defend the Gibson??
: I think of this forum like the Alamo, and im Davey Crocket!!

Sounds like a nice forum. And I too will always defend the grrrrreeeaaaaattttt Gibson, 24 hours a day, 8 days a week, 400 days a year etc. etc. or my name isn't Strat Man Dwight. Actually, others called me that, and it certainly fit, but did I mention I hot rod Gibsons? Of course I did. Historian, enthusiast, supporter (and what's to defend?) ... there's just no catch phrase there however.

Sounds like a nice forum. And I too will always defend the grrrrreeeaaaaattttt Gibson, 24 hours a day, 8 days a week, 400 days a year etc. etc. or my name isn't Strat Man Dwight. Actually, others called me that, and it certainly fit, but did I mention I hot rod Gibsons? Of course I did. Historian, enthusiast, supporter (and what's to defend?) ... there's just no catch phrase there however.

Who loves pogs?

I do.

Re: Who loves pogs?

Dogs? well you have the Koreans of course, they will eat anything.

Who loves pogs?

I do.

Re: Who loves pogs?

how cool is that? i posted 2 posts (count 'em, two!) all by my lonesome at the very same second! Isn't life fantastic sometimes?

yeh jo teri payalon ki

Hi can some1 help moi hera i want 2 download dat song yeh jo teri payalon ki cham cham he from movie masoon or is it from ghoonghat... sooo plz plz plz can some1 help?

Re: yeh jo teri payalon ki

yes movie was monsoon and can you do it standing on your head? beware some cobra will get very upset if you ply song. have a very fine mongoose.

seagull and Art&Lutherie

Anyone know what a good starter guitar would be? Seagull, Godin, Art&Lutherie? the Art and Luth. start out with a Cherry Veneer, the Seagull have a solide cedar top???

Re: seagull and Art&Lutherie

Sounds like you're in Canada and know your local guitars, right around my neighbourhood. The Seagulls will do just fine; excellent in either solid spruce or cedar, with cherrywood or mahagonay back & sides. Seagulls have a good reputation and good sound & value. Personally, I've owned 2 or 3. Godins are expensive, a little more than a beginner requires. Art & Lutherie are good too. A laminated top is easier to care for in the beginning of one's guitar experience. Also in this same family of guitars are the Normans. I had 2 of them as well. They sounded the best to me, looked the best and were priced the best. Try to get one as part of a package - like dealers often put Normans with a hardshell case and some accessories and sell for around $350 - $399 at Christmas time, beginning about now ... in November. Strat Man Dwight

Just a note, Laminate tops also favoured in some top end Electro Accoustic guitars, yamaha do some very nice laminate topped guitars, solid top is not always a pointer towards better quailty.
But on the other hand, nothing could ever beat the Gibson Hummingbird.

: Los sonidos como usted están en Canadá y saben sus guitarras locales, la derecha alrededor de mi vecindad. Las gaviotas harán la multa justa; excelente en piceas sólidas o cedro, con el cherrywood o parte posteriora y lados mahagonay. Las gaviotas tienen buenas una reputación y buen sonido y los valoran. Personalmente, he poseído 2 o 3. Godins es costoso, poco más que un principiante requiere. El arte y Lutherie son buenos también. Una tapa laminada es más fácil de cuidar para en el principio de su experiencia de la guitarra. También en esta misma familia de guitarras están los normandos. Tenía 2 de ellos también. Me sonaban el mejor, miraban el mejor y fueron tasados el mejor. Intente conseguir uno como parte de un paquete - como normandos a menudo puestos de los distribuidores con $399 un caso del hardshell y algunos accesorios y vender para alrededor $350 - en el tiempo de Navidad, comenzando sobre ahora... en noviembre. Hombre Dwight De Strat

Martin Colletti Guitars

A friend of mine has a Martin Coletti guitar american model guitar 1370. Would like to know more about it can anyone help?

Re: Martin Colletti Guitars

The name is Italian, the guitar is German, the person may be as fabricated as the guitar itself. See article in print online at www.vintageguitarpro.com, and various user's reviews at www.harmonycentral.com. All the best. Strat Man dwight

Squier Telecaster Standard

SN IC 001117023. Can anyone tell me the year of this guitar?

Re: Squier Telecaster Standard

: SN IC 001117023. Can anyone tell me the year of this guitar?

I think you have one too many numbers in there. 8 digits after the numerals would be expected. However, I own one of these guitars and know it's origin and the facts on serial #'s. It is unexpectedly straightforward. If yours starts with 00, it is indeed stamped in the year 2000. If it happens to be 01 (because I can't tell if & where you have an extra digit) then it follows that it would be 2001. The letters signify where the actual was actually made, meaning the specific factory, not in which country here, which is stamped "made in China" on the instrument. In some cases the C actually stands for Cort. Hundreds of thousands of Squiers have been neatly, discretely made by Cort. Fender owns no property and no manufacturing facilities outside of the US & Mexico. The remainder has always been farmed out. Does this reponse seem right? Strat Man Dwight

Slash's 59 Les Paul copy?

Slash's 59 Les Paul copy?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Slash's 59 Les Paul copy?

Bob Marley's Equipment

Bob Marley's Equipment

This popular thread has been given its own page : Bob Marley's Equipment

Alan Jackson's guitars

Does anybody know what kind of acoustic guitars Alan Jackson plays and/or why this preference? Any information would be appreciated, just out of curiosity. Thanks. Strat Man Dwight

Schecter Guitar for sale RIGHT NOW on Ebay.. Great Deal!!!

Check out my listing on ebay. Its not going to stick around for long!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3756853011&rd=1

hai

cari les bass di Jatinangor

Re: hai

: cari les bass di Jatinangor

Que sera sera.

oui oui, ouse e le voitre??

ya man, j'adore les pwtang!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.