Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: hai

Ou est le mouton?
j'adore manger ca.

plz send me detail information of ur work

Hi this is tushar from mumbai. I m interested to do the online data entry work so plz send me detail information of ur work.

ensenada guitar

Could anyone tell me what an ensenada guitar is and what's it's value?

Re: ensenada guitar

: Could anyone tell me what an ensenada guitar is and what's it's value?

I own an Ensenada guitar... though i've never seen one in a store... its a great guitar.
It was given to me... So i don't know its wortth.

Martin D28 vs D2832 - how good is the D2832?

Martin D28 vs D2832 - how good is the D2832?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Martin D28 vs D2832 - how good is the D2832?

DANELECTRO IN THE UK

DANELECTRO IN THE UK

This popular thread has been given its own page : DANELECTRO IN THE UK

Martin Coletti Guitars

There have been regular requests on this site for info on Martin Coletti guitars. For anybody still wondering, there is an article now posted at www.vintageguitarpro.com. Strat Man Dwight

Requests for Guitar Appraisals & Values

Requests for Guitar Appraisals & Values

This popular thread has been given its own page : Requests for Guitar Appraisals & Values

les paul or junior

hi

anyone know where i can buy an exact replic@ of a gibson les paul or junior/special?

many thanks

d.

Re: les paul or junior

As you probably know the Les Paul included the models Junior, Special, and Junior Special, and loads of other variants, which one in particular was you after? i know they still make a 'Faded' model, which is a bit cheap and nasty, they do that model in the Double cutaway with P90's and a single cut with humbuckers, i have a 97 model LP special double cut with p90's in TV yellow, and its a lot better than the current faded models, if you want any of those discontinued models you will have to look on Ebay, i dont think you will find one new. Did you wan the one with the P90's? i would go with that rather than the P100's. or maybe you could visit the Gibson custom shop?? they have everything you want there, at a price.
Hope you find the guitar you want.

i'm after a copy rather than a proper gibson!

does the copy have to look like a real gibson?

Id like it to look as close as it can if possible!

Cheers

dill

Then you have to go for the Epiphone LP special/junior, maybe upgrade the pickups with kent armstrong P90's, or maybe you should check out the Tokai love rock guitars, have a look at this gold top with p90's: http://www2.wbs.ne.jp/~tokai/loverock.htm
these are excellent guitars, especialy the jap made ones. 3rd option is to buy a discontinued LP special/junior from ebay, like i said i have a TV yellow double cut with 2 P90's and it cost me £550, maybe $750 US. they are well worth that kind of money, i think the tokai gold top will cost that kind of money too. good luck.

Flamenco Blanca Copy Esteso Guitar

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: Flamenco Blanca Copy Esteso Guitar

Wow! A real work of art. Thanks for sharing. I like the adjustable truss rod to compensate for climactic conditions. All the best, afficionado. Strat Man Dwight

1934 Rickenbacher BakeLite Lap Steel

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of what a 1934 Rickenbacher bakelite lap steel (excellent condition) may be worth. I have the case too (in very good condition.) Thanks a bunch!

Re: 1934 Rickenbacher BakeLite Lap Steel

: I'd appreciate it if someone could give me an idea of what a 1934 Rickenbacher bakelite lap steel (excellent condition) may be worth. I have the case too (in very good condition.) Thanks a bunch!

Re: 1934 Rickenbacher BakeLite Lap Steel

If it's a bakelite lap steel the year of manufacture is somewhat later. They started in about 1935 or 1936. I've been interested in buying one, so I've followed E-Bay transactions for about a year. Depending on condition, they've been selling for $650.00 to $1,100.00.

gutar music

if u can send me some music that has e.c.g. cords on them

Can anyone tell me what Strat I have?

Can anyone tell me what Strat I have?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Can anyone tell me what Strat I have?

highA string

I had a pound of .004 wire tinned a while ago after searching for quite some time for the wire that had the highest psi tensile. As with my low C#(.195) on the 11 string bass, I always ask someone who mentions they have a High A string, where they got it from. I haven't got an answer yet. The high A adds anew dimension to guitars. Thanks

Re: highA string

This is all new ground to me, i hope the high psi tensile cable hods out, me, i prefer a set of D 'Addario 10-46's i beleive they go by the name of 'Regular light gauge' and an 11 string Bass?? i hope you wind the string up as well as you have wound this tale up.

Re: highA string

:" This is all new ground to me, i hope the high psi tensile cable hods out, me, i prefer a set of D 'Addario 10-46's i beleive they go by the name of 'Regular light gauge' and an 11 string Bass?? i hope you wind the string up as well as you have wound this tale up."

i think it is important to gather information before commenting. Mike Adler (adlerguitars.com) crafted the first 11 string bass. Please refer to my interview in Bass Inside Magazine ,issue #18 (bassinside.com) . The low C# (17HZ) string works great.the gauges are .195-.007 on that instrument . The .005 wire is high tensile strength and hold just fine on a 32" scale. There are more articles at garrygoodman.com concerning the 11 string. I have yet to see or hear a high A string( other than my own" and would have liked to have saved myself the trouble if someone is already manufacuring such a string.it would be nice if who ever has high A strings to reply to this post. Thanks-

gibson sonex

gibson sonex

This popular thread has been given its own page : gibson sonex

conrad guitars

have one ive been dragin arround,for 20 years,its black trimed in ivory white around,both edges,front an back has label inside,model#zo210,or20210,it was old,when i gotit,still plays often an well,can anyone inliten me,about this fine old box?

Guitar Pickups

Can I put tele. pickups in my strat?

Re: Guitar Pickups

: Can I put tele. pickups in my strat?

Are you serious? Sometimes I wonder which questions are sincere, or just bait. However, not for me to decide, I've always given the benefit of the doubt and will lend a hand to guitar players, especially those with Fender types, cuz Fender can help you zero percent in most cases. So we need to stick together.

First there is no need to put Tele pickups in a Strat, unless there is some financial reason. Ie. you have pickups you like, and want to put them in. Then, you might explain a little more which adds to your credibility. If you like a certain pickup, it can sometimes be hand made and duplicated in Strat-size.

You cannot get the smaller neck pickup to fit into the Strat pickguard anywhere, as the mounting screws will be too close together. If you wish - have a pickguard custom made, it will cost, at www.wdmusic.com.

The Tele bridge pickup will not fit anywhere on most Strats. Positively not into the normal guard, because the Tele bridge dimensions are now too LARGE. Then you must consider whether or not the routing (space inside) of your Strat body will accept it - most will not. But if you have space for a humbucker-sized pickup in one of your locations on the Strat, the Tele bridge pickup can be cobbled in, by enlarging the pickguard opening or ordering from WD. Lastly, you will have a grounding issue. An extra ground to metal, usually at the bridge plate on a Tele bridge pickup. You can figure that one out and make it work, but it's usually not compatible.

To do what you ask, you will have to engineer, think alot, order special parts, possibly enlarge the Stratocaster cavity with a router, and customize the wiring. There's nothing wrong with that, if you invent the solution to match perfectly.

If it's a Tele "sound" you are looking for ... that's another issue. All the best. Strat Man Dwight

Re: Guitar Pickups

if i put humbuckers in a pre-routed strat, do i have to buy a new pickguard to fit the humbucker, or can i just have the original pickguard routed too?

for sale : guitar autographed by JERRY CANTRELL

i have a jackson dinky -EX ....i bought it about 10 years ago. it's got a few stickers on it but it's neat looking, nothing too overboard...the pick guard is signed by Jerry Cantrell from Alice in chains....i was wondering what it might be worth....i need the money and was considere=ing selling it....if ya have an idea lemmie know..thnx

EVH guitars- are they the real thing?

Thanks for the members' info on the Slash Gibson-copy Les Paul. That was really appreciated. I've got another one. Nothing new. But watch it, the guy who uses the initials EVH has a copyright on his name and will have his overpaid legals researching google if you spell it out in full. Yeah, so if you write somebody about your blah EVH album or CD you might be infringing on his copyright. Put memorabilia with the name on ebay and see what happens!

But who knows if this much loved by himself artist had at least 2 of his guitars made by a private luthier other than his sponsors? Anybody believe that one of them with that red, black & white stripe pattern was hand made and got a Kramer neck stuck on it, while the other with the same colour scheme was hand made again, and got a Peavey Wolfg@ng neck bolted to it? Could this luthier keep it a secret? And was it the good luthier that designed the latest guitar, not the player? Was someone trying to fool us?

And we are supposed to think we could buy the same illustrious gear at our guitar store? I smell d tuna. Any comments, info, stories and who done its? Strat Man Dwight

Crate 212 monitor

I have a crate umf212 monitor that I hopefully can rescue.Does anyone know the crossover wiring??? Does the red wire go to the horn or the blue. I am thinking blue but was hoping to double check...Thanks

testing the forum

Whenever I use the word American, I seem to get blocked by the moderator. Many postings have been lost, and replaced, it would seem by hindi tab seekers. I am testing this here.

Re: testing the forum

The test message was successful, but the other's are still blocked? I am not impressed. Strat Man Dwight

I would like to be a moderator. Still can't send a message. Thanks again. Strat Man Dwight

hey dwight
the 2nd time i tried to reply on your slash lp post it got held up every time. check back to see if it comes up soon, but i can't find all the info i put on there so i can't send it again! effing moderator!

Moderator man knows you 2 are nothing but trouble, have you tried bribing him? a £10 cheque ensures hassle free posting for life....
let me see now..
America.
USA.
George W Bush..
9/11
Osama bin laden.

yep hassle free !!!

Hello Dwight

I have contacted our 'filters guy' about this and we will hopefully have some news on this for you.

regards
Geoff

: Whenever I use the word American, I seem to get blocked by the moderator. Many postings have been lost, and replaced, it would seem by hindi tab seekers. I am testing this here.

help find value

i have a gibson guitar and i cant find out the value on it the serial number is v772 27 and model number is a25196 style is es-295

how old

My Grandfathers guitar:
Epiphone
Style-Texan
Ft-79
N0.A-1857
Kalamazoo,Michagin
The age of this guitar&perhaps the value.
Thanx Grant Conley

Re: how old

ive seen real bad condition Texans go for $850 plus,
is yours is halfway decent it should get well above that, they are excellent guitars.

Hayashi folk 12-string

it seems i am in the same situation as many others i have aquired a "pearl guitar, folk, made by Hayashi, 800312, made in japan" i cant find anything on it, i would love some information about this beautiful guitar. please email me at I_tomalot@hotmail.com

framus hollywood semi solidbody #74800-L57

this guitar has three ivory colored pickups treb. bass, and volume controles and 4 settings for the pickups. can anyone come up with a value for me,or tell me where i can find one.

Re: framus hollywood semi solidbody #74800-L57

Stratman Dwight posted this URL a week back:
www.vintageguitarpro.com
they do valuations for a price, if nobody can help you here then try the page.

Re: framus hollywood semi solidbody #74800-L57

I saw one of these guitars in a store in Detroit a couple of years ago for $400. It had a very nice red-yellow sunburst. I nearly bought it.

Merle Travis

I took a guitar as collateral on a personal loan. The guy said he can't pay me back. Anyone have an idea where I might get it sold. The guitar was built by R.C. Allen for Merle Travis. The label inside says it b is a Merle Travis model no. JH-1003.

Re: Merle Travis

First place that comes to mind is Gruhn's in Nashville. They have very good people to talk to, so I won't suggest others yet, but the market would be in the Southern US where there is the most interest in Country Music Culture. This is not one of Merle's first guitars custom made by Bigsby in the late 40's. Strat man Dwight

Re: Merle Travis

: I took a guitar as collateral on a personal loan. The guy said he can't pay me back. Anyone have an idea where I might get it sold. The guitar was built by R.C. Allen for Merle Travis. The label inside says it b is a Merle Travis model no. JH-1003.

I know Mr. Allen Pesonely. if you still have this guitar, let me know. might be interested.

garcia grade #2a 1970,classical guitar

garcia grade #2a 1970,classical guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : garcia grade #2a 1970,classical guitar

Crate GX-15

Anybody out there have a schematic for the Crate GX-15 amp that they could scan and send me?
Thanks.
Andre.
"Playin' it all by ear"

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.