Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Pickup Phasing

This subject is dealt with at www.deaf-eddie.net. It is a very useful technical site and offers some very unique products that will set you apart from the crowd, via pickup phasing. Strat man Dwight

That is a confusing concept.

Scratched Guitar

HELP!!!! ME!!!! I have an Epihone FlameKat it's a beautiful guitar but I was playing it with a jacket with studs and it scrtched the back of my guitar all over in an area about the siz of a hand there is a few deep scratches that went through the 1st layer of paint and many other ones that just make it look ugly please help me what should I do!!!! Please help!!

KAY N-1 archtop...can anyone date it?

KAY N-1 archtop...can anyone date it?

This popular thread has been given its own page : KAY N-1 archtop...can anyone date it?

Re:danelectro

Re:can someone tell me about danelectro dte-1 reel echo i want it to play the shadows sounds

Re:danelectro

: Re:can someone tell me about danelectro dte-1 reel echo i want it to play the shadows sounds

Reply: there's a guy named Ken Lecompte at Action Music in the US, or ebay actionkl that knows alot about Danelectro effects. Perhaps, he can help?

Even if he doesn't have the answer, he is one of those people who goes above & beyond the call of duty & is dedicated to providing whatever product and information he can, through years of experience, to musicians internationally.

Strat Man Dwight

please help me

please help me

This popular thread has been given its own page : please help me

Gibson GGC 700

I am trying to sell my GGC 700. I don't really know what it is worth. if you know or are interested email me at young_sta2000@yahoo.com

still dont know

i need help i still cant identify my jackson v #961

Re: still dont know

: i need help i still cant identify my jackson v #961
: 2006

Reply: I saw your question earlier, but I didn't see any description or info on the guitar at that point.

Could it be black, with black hardware? Maple neck thru poplar body. 22 fret bound ebony fingerboard with pearl sharkfin inlay. Fixed, locking bridge. 2 volume, one tone, 5 way switch, 6 per side tuners on bound peghead with pearl logo inlay.

That's the King V, they started making in 1993. Do you think yours could be from around 1996?

If yours isn't at all like that, sorry to have wasted your time.

Andrew

selling guitar

i have a used fender stratocaset. black with white pick guard. its made in mexico but has american tuning knobs on it. i only used it maybe 5 times. great conditon reply by e-mail if intrested

Re: Hilgen amplifiers

own an amplifier from Hilgenthat is a combo for guitar and bass, model #B2502. I am also looking for information on this company.

: Iown two amplifiers from Hilgen . one for guitar and one for bass .Does anyone have any info about the company?

: Iown two amplifiers from Hilgen . one for guitar and one for bass .Does anyone have any info about the company?

Daisy Electric Guitars

Has anyone actually used a Daisy guitar, maybe outgrown it and wish to sell? How do they perform and stand up to normal use, with the right care & maintenance? I would like to buy a used one, or 2. Any different models if they're good.

Thank you, Daisy

Re: Tokai guitar

: I just picked up a tele copy that was made in the seventies and find it far superior to any of the Japanese Fender Teles or American Standards for that matter. How close are the Tokai copies?? Because I would like to put a Fender bridge plate and saddles on it but don't know if the Fender will fit the existing screw holes. Thanks for any input.
When Fender sold out to CBS in 1964, CBS contracted with TOKAI in Japan to manufacture thier hardware. When Fenders Strat pattent ran out in the late seventies Tokai started making strats. but fender found an extension and sued Tokai for infringement. that is why if you hold a tokai up to an actual strrat you will notice that the head stock is actually about 3/8 inch narrower. The real early ones you can see the saw marks where they cut them down. I am told there about 500 out theere uncut

I bought a fiesta red tokai strat in Glasgow ,scotland in 1984 and everything has worked perfectly, since then bits have been replaced with fender parts without any problem ...i want to know more about Tokai and how many models during the 3-4 years they made these excellent copies i've seen a les paul gold top and have heard about SG's and Flying V's I've also heard they were extremely fussy about woods and paints etc ....and was there some sort of court case or buy out from fender or something ..any info anyone?

Re: Daisy Guitars

DO NOT BUY THIS GUITAR! I do not know your reasoning for wanting one but this guitar is completely dispensible. I would classify with a cheap Indonesian-made Squier. Wait, I am sorry even the Squier is a step up from Daisy.

: DO NOT BUY THIS GUITAR! I do not know your reasoning for wanting one but this guitar is completely dispensible. I would classify with a cheap Indonesian-made Squier. Wait, I am sorry even the Squier is a step up from Daisy.

Daisy sez, thank you Ben. I thought I might like them, because of my name being on them, and I think they're cute, little funky guitars and I am also a flower child. Guess what's on my Telecaster? Blue flowers including a few pretty little white daisies. When I decide what pedals to get, I'll hook them all together with ... a daisy chain.

Thanks for your response. Does anyone agree, disagree? Appreciate your thoughts. Peace.

Daisy

VERY MUCH AGREE!!!!

Re: Daisy Electric Guitars

: Has anyone actually used a Daisy guitar, maybe outgrown it and wish to sell? How do they perform and stand up to normal use, with the right care & maintenance? I would like to buy a used one, or 2. Any different models if they're good.

: Thank you, Daisy

Did you mean Daisy Rock Girl Guitars? If you got one for cheap and had it adjusted properly, it might actually be fun. They are more of a novelty but are made by Schecter & Co. Strat man Dwight

Driving Miss Daisy

What is a good footstomp compressor to get, preferably used? Should I get one that is sensitive to pick attack, or regular? Why are the new ones in the store so noisy, like they hiss. I play a Fender Japanese Tele with original single coils.

Thank you, Daisy

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

I have a Tokai copy as well. It is a Tokai AST56
I bought it from a guy that customized it with American Strat
hardware and it looks like it all fit very well.
All I can say is my friend has a real Strat and my
Tokai is easily as good a guitar as his and all it cost me was 200.00 Canadian.

: Tokais of that period are often quite superior to the Fenders they copied.
: They scared the shit outta Fender to the point where they introduced all their
: low-end stuff to combat Tokai, and to a large extent, they succeded. There are
: some GREAT Tokais out there. A segment of the guitar-playing population knows
: and understands this and seeks out these guitars. A much larger segment hoever
: has no idea how good those Tokais were.

: Tokais of that period are often quite superior to the Fenders they copied.
: They scared the shit outta Fender to the point where they introduced all their
: low-end stuff to combat Tokai, and to a large extent, they succeded. There are
: some GREAT Tokais out there. A segment of the guitar-playing population knows
: and understands this and seeks out these guitars. A much larger segment hoever
: has no idea how good those Tokais were.

Re: Driving Miss Daisy

In the store, signals and sounds are often affected by fluorescent lighting or other interference. Your "Japanese" single coils are also prone to that. They have plastic bobbins rather than fibre, and have no waxing or microphonic suppression. If you replaced them, everything would be better. Try a Boss CS3 compressor/sustainer or equivalent Ibanez. I use both. You must tolerate some "hiss" depending on level adjustment. Great reviews at www.harmonycentral.com. All my best, Strat man Dwight

Re: Aria by Sada Yairi

: Can anyone give me information about a Sada Yairi Model 760 "D35" style guitar that was distributed by Aria. The guitar was purchased in 1974.

Reply: fax info to Michael Wright, Vintage Guitar writer & historian, (701) 255-0250 USA.

Re: www.chordie.com

: Anyone looking for tabs and chords should check this site out. Massive amount of songs available from almost every genre. You can build songbooks and transpose songs to different keys as well. I love it..

: www.chordie.com

GROVERS FOR PRS CUSTOM 24

i would like to change the tuning keys of my PRS CUSTOM 24 to Grover Kluson vintage type (16:1). What specific model do I need that will not require any alteration of the holes on the headstock?

Yamaha SG1000, 1500, 2000 or 3000

Yamaha SG1000, 1500, 2000 or 3000

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SG1000, 1500, 2000 or 3000

BossGT6 & SRV

BossGT6 & SRV

This popular thread has been given its own page : BossGT6 & SRV

carlos rebelli resonator guitarscr350el/case

it is in good shape could someone tell me around what its worth?

Re: Peavey Firenza guitar

yes, I have one I personally like it alot it is the best guitar i've tried.

Re: Peavey Firenza guitar

: Has anyone tried one of these guitars,and how are they?

I acctualy bought one not to long ago. It has a good warm sound. There are 3 models that I know of. The one I have has the stop tail peace with the p-90 picups. It has very warm sound, decent sustain, and the finnish holds up very well. I think it is one of the better guitars that I have played. I have a wolfgang, yahamah, epiphone, and jackson and the firenza is the best.

guitar

scales+accord+guitar sheetes .thanks.

Marshall 30 watt amp FS

I have a marshall g30r cd for sale...has a 10" Marshall custom loudspeaker in it. I also have the optional footswitch. Amp has been gigged once, as a backup. No tears in the tolex, amp still looks new. Make me an offer.

Re: DOWLAND-CAN SHE EXCUSE *.MP3 ? MID?

: Hello,

: Can you help me i search DOWLAND-CAN SHE EXCUSE
: in *.mp3 or *.mid
: Many thanks

Re: DOWLAND-CAN SHE EXCUSE *.MP3 ? MID?

: Hello,

: Can you help me i search DOWLAND-CAN SHE EXCUSE
: in *.mp3 or *.mid
: Many thanks

Re: Marshall 30 watt amp FS

: I have a marshall g30r cd for sale...has a 10" Marshall custom loudspeaker in it. I also have the optional footswitch. Amp has been gigged once, as a backup. No tears in the tolex, amp still looks new. Make me an offer.

what about &60

Songs

............iwant hindi songs

Re: LOOKING FOR FREE SHEET MUSIC

: : I'm looking for:
: : Weezer's "Butterfly" song please

: : thanks for mailing me info
: :

lucky man by the verve

: : I'm looking for:
: : Evelyn "Champagne" King's song Love Come Down.

: : thanks for mailing me info
: :

rod steward

: ............iwant hindi songs

question?

i found a 1959 martin d-18 in exc++ condition. it sounds better than almost any guitar i've heard and the neck is as straight as a arrow. it had a neck reset about a year ago.its going for $3695 and plays like a dream. everything is original except the pickgard which is now tortis. will this guitar hold up to tough playing and is this a good deal.thanks
Griff

Re: question?

Did you buy it? I've been waiting for others to express their opinion. It seems like alot of money for a Martin with a neck reset, however the resets are necessary. Still no adjustable truss rod? Good luck with your quest. Share your thoughts & questions also at www.vintageguitarpro.com. Strat man Dwight

Amp losing volume?

Ok im possibly just paranoid, but someone please try and help my worry. I play 120watt 212 amp and have had it for about a year now. It was never abused or overdriven to hard. My friend just bought the exact same amplifier that i have and when have the exact same setting and volume on, but his is slightly louder and has a lil more kik/punch to it. We switched guitars thinking it could b my guitar, but that was not the case. It isnt a major poblem or anything, but is it possible that since my amp is odler parts have broken in maybe the speakers? (the amp is a solid state amp) Thank you if anyone can help calm my worries.

Re: Amp losing volume?

: Ok im possibly just paranoid, but someone please try and help my worry. I play 120watt 212 amp and have had it for about a year now. It was never abused or overdriven to hard. My friend just bought the exact same amplifier that i have and when have the exact same setting and volume on, but his is slightly louder and has a lil more kik/punch to it. We switched guitars thinking it could b my guitar, but that was not the case. It isnt a major poblem or anything, but is it possible that since my amp is odler parts have broken in maybe the speakers? (the amp is a solid state amp) Thank you if anyone can help calm my worries.

Reply: been pondering your question, there's just too many things to consider. You could eliminate the speakers from your worries altogether by obtaining an external speaker cabinet, and if your amp has a suitable output, plug it in and either bypass or temporarily disconnect your speakers, to see how the 2 amps perform by comparison. Then, see if there's still any difference. Might help find out if it's an issue in the amp as opposed to speaker concerns.

All the best, Andrew

Cyndee's 1957 Gretsch

Cyndee, are you still around? What info did you need for repairs on your guitar?

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!RESPOND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: : I play in a band that does nirvana, alice and chains, and metallica covers. What knid of guitar should i get to handle this genre?

: I recommend the Fender Jagstang. It was designed with input from Kurt Cobain to mimic his personal guitar mods. Check it out!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.