Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Advertisement

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guitar

I have a silver tone 1969 classical guitar what would it be worth today. Thanks Frank

Re: Patches for Boss GT-3

****The Boss GT-3 Factory*****
http://www.go.to/bossgt3

Re: Patches for Boss GT-3

: looking for new patches for Boss GT-3

Kimberly guitar

Kimberly guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kimberly guitar

Re: wiring diagrams

: I would like any pictorial wiring diagrams on parker nitefly . single,single,humbucker.
: thanks

Re: want gujarati songs

: i want a site to download gujarati songs and hindi songs MP3 free

: : i want a site to download gujarati songs named MARE AANKH NO AFINY

Re: want gujarati songs (mara aankh no afeni)

: : i want a site to download gujarati songs and hindi songs MP3 free

Re: mexican and american strats

: I've owned a Mexican Strat since they first came out (in about 1993). It is definately my main guitar. I like the sound and feel of it just as much as an American Strat; for me the extra cost isn't justified. My advice is to try them both out on the exact amp they will be played through, and buy the one that sounds best and feels best for you. Or, you can buy the Mexican sunburst with a blonde neck and be perfectly happy.

i have one and i worked it over for just a couple hundred bucks and it'll blow out any off the shelf american strat any day.
i hollowed out all the extra wood under the pick guard and the sustain and tone are at least 50 to 75% better and clearer.
i glued copper to the cavity to keep down noise and feedback.
i went to a fixed hot rod bridge, no tremlo.
i put in a set of kinman's
i only have a single volume control, a single tone
control and a 3 way switch, not 5 way.
i play blues leads, texas roadhouse leads, and rythm.
each pick up performs one task by its self, no blending of pick ups.
the kinmans are crystal clear and crisp. you can hear every note even when playing rythm. its amazing.
half the cost of an american strat, better sound, cleaner and crisper sound.

download music

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

please down load kusorkumar melody

Re: download hindisongs

: : : hi

Re: marshall jcm 600 cutting out

Dear David.,
Here is another thing I just remembered. There is a PC board towards the rear of the amp. It has the Effect Loop Jacks and other stuff mounted to it. Here is a good way to find the problem. Turn the amp on. Wait 20 minutes, have some play the guitar for you while you do the following. Take a thin piece of plastic or wood, NOT METAL!!!!. Then while your friend plays at low volume, slide the then piece of wood or plasic into the back most vent slot at the top of the amp. If you look through it, you will see the edge of the PC board I'm talking about. So, as someone is playing, lightly tap the board in many places. When you hear the sound cut out, STOP! Remember where you tapped when it cut out. Then tap else where on the board. If the sound returns, then you have to open the amp, remove the little PC board, and cut off the little 3 pin plugs. Do this one at a time. Then solder each wire to the board. I would also do this at the other end of the cable on the main PC board. This is why modern amps suck. PC Boards are good for computers, and other devices that does not have to go on the road, heat up, have 600 Volts running throught it, and vibrate.
Good luck

Re: Need owners manual for Tascam 488 Portastudio.

Yeh...
i really need one as well, please email life_is_loud721@hotmail.com if you know of one or if you can scan in PDF

many thanks,

Tom.

Re: Need owners manual for Tascam 488 Portastudio.

: : I need an owners manual for my Tascam 488 Portastudio. I ordered one from Teac but they clain it is on backorder, and they have no idea how long it will be before they have copies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: kod lagu

: : tolong hantar kod-kod lagu kumpulan lama era 80/90an spt may, search, medicine, gersang, lefthanded.wow,black rose,crossfire tq...

SERIOUS DRUMMER NEEDED

SERIOUS DRUMMER NEEDED! Must be deticated to making it huge in music. Must be very talented, good with off times and multiple changes. We are a seriously melodic and catchy metal band with experimental elements and killer hooks. WE WILL SUCCEED IN MUSIC.
Influences: Led Zepplin, Seattle bands (AliceNchains/stp/nirv./Pjam etc.), tool, metallica, a perfect circle, SOAD Etc.
WE ARE THE BAND.
from; theMickeyKnox

Gibson student Guitar

Gibson student Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson student Guitar

1964 Martin D-18

1964 Martin D-18

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1964 Martin D-18

Re: Estaban guitar

: Well if you're a beginner and you dont feel like spendin a lot of money then it looks like a pretty good deal...havent seen it in person but i've seen it on tv...seems like a good guitar for the price

: : Im a beginner, are the Esteban guitar and lessons I see advertised on T.V. worth it? Seems awful cheap.

Re: ibanez artist acoustic model 2608

ibanez artist acoustic model 2608

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: ibanez artist acoustic model 2608

Höfner 500/1

anybody have a Höfner 500/1 för sale?

1941 C-1 F Hole Archtop Martin

1941 C-1 F Hole Archtop Martin

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1941 C-1 F Hole Archtop Martin

Re: RE: help me customize my guitar?!...

: : This is my fist time @ weiring up a guitar, could som1 tell me or send me a diagram on how 2 weir up a humbucker, 2control knobs (1 volume(500) & 1tone(500)) & a jack socket/strap button...adfasdfadsfadfasdfasdfa

: : P.S.
: : THANK U 2 ANY1 WHO HELPS ME-OUT...

: :
: : LOGAN...

Takamine 540 question

Takamine 540 question

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine 540 question

strumming

i have been playing guitar for 10 years badly, however in the last year i have taken it more seriously and im coming on quite well but cannot seem to overcome my strumming nightmare! can anyone give me ANY ADVICE on technique. my intrests are diverse ie donovan, floyd, blur, tommy emmanuel. i have greatest difficulty relaxing whilst strumming rapidly

Re: Why did Led Zeppelin write stairway to heaven

: i need to know the answer to this question as soon as possible

I know Led personally and I'm tellin ya' he wrote that song 'cause he needed the money

Re: Why did Led Zeppelin write stairway to heaven

: : i need to know the answer to this question as soon as possible

: You may not want to believe this, but the lyrics for 'Stairway To Heaven' were taken from a medieval English witch's book of spells/magic. I am 100% serious about this.

morris W18

morris W18

This popular thread has been given its own page : morris W18

: i want a site to download gujarati songs

gujarati songs to download

: : i want a site to download gujarati songs

Teisco guitars and basses for sale

anybody got the goods

les paul junior

hi

anyone know where to buy gibson les paul juniors online in the uk, apart from ebay?

if not, howabout copies - anyone know where to get a copy?

also -gibson necks, realy need a relplacement for a broken 61 sg that i came across - where can I buy a neck?

cheers, many thanks

al

Re: IBANEZ MIDI GUITAR

: ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS GUITAR,NEED CABLE AND CONTROL BOX.THIS IS AIMG2010 MIDI GUITAR.THANX HAROLD

Re: les paul junior

have you tried loot.com? or how about tin pan alley? andys guitars in denmark street would be a good start.

: if not, howabout copies - anyone know where to get a copy?

: also -gibson necks, realy need a relplacement for a broken 61 sg that i came across - where can I buy a neck?

: cheers, many thanks

: al

Floyd Sustainer circuit board

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a working Floyd Rose Sustainer circuit board?

Re: Floyd Sustainer circuit board

The ONLY way to get one is to BUY a Jackson guitar that has the Floyd sustainer installed already.
They call them Jackson sustainers now, but they are just relabled OEM Floyd Rose systems.
Jackson will not sell it to anyone unless purchased with a guitar. Trust me... I've tried.

Re: free down load of hindi songs

: Merry chrismas

ibanez GAX70....GAX30

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: ibanez GAX70....GAX30

While you're waiting for an opinion here you can entertain and inform yourself about your guitar at www.harmonycentral.com, go to reviews, guitars, ibanez, gax 30 for 5 opinions, and gax 70 for more. Enjoy. J.M.

Need a value estimate on a Frederica Garcia #3

Hi all,

I have a Frederica Garcia #3 Concert Guitar. The back and sides are African Mahogany. The top is made of Alps Spruce, fingerboard is Ebony. It is in MINT condition and I mean MINT. My father purchased the guitar on May 3rd, 1970. I still have the receipt.
I was curious if anyone could give me a pretty accurate value on this instrument? Or is there a place online where I can find out?

Thanks in advance!

Dana

shred rules !!

hi everyone i'm billy from the philippines...just want to ask you if you know these mega speed guitarists like magnus maxfield, terry rypdal, iven ron if you guys know them pls give me the website and their instructional videos....thanks a lot more power!!god bles

Gretsch tone switch - sounds awful

Gretsch tone switch - sounds awful

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gretsch tone switch - sounds awful

finding a mesa triple rectifier

I'm haveing a lot of trouble finding a triple rectifier, will someone please tell me where i can find one!!!!!

Re: finding a mesa triple rectifier

Sorry for your troubles finding the Mesa Boogie triple rectifier head. Have you looked on ebay? There's 12 of them, in mint condition up for bids today.

Best of luck & have a blast! Strat Man Dwight

Re: Is a Lotus a good guitar?

I have a friend that has a lotus, in my opinion they're o.k. starter guitars, but if you are more advanced you need to get a better guitar than that.

partitions de paul gilberts

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

bonjour je m'apelle fanny et je cherche la partition de paul gilbert intitulé "flamingo" pourvez vous me renseigner au plus vite, je vous remercie a bientot

Re: partitions de paul gilberts

: bonjour je m'apelle fanny et je cherche la partition de paul gilbert intitulé "flamingo" pourvez vous me renseigner au plus vite, je vous remercie a bientot

Cherchez/search Paul Gilbert Flamingo en/on "google" or other/ou autres search engines. Beaucoup de choix - many websites available. Information exactement que vous cherchez/what you want.

Andrew

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.