Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2004

Advertisement

Archive for posts from October, 2004

ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Benedetto Appraisal

I have a Benedetto 7 string SN 2778. The only info I have is that this is a custom model that is one of only ten made by Benedetto himself. Can anyone give me any idea of what this guitar is worth?
THANX

Re: Benedetto Appraisal

: I have a Benedetto 7 string SN 2778. The only info I have is that this is a custom model that is one of only ten made by Benedetto himself. Can anyone give me any idea of what this guitar is worth?
: THANX

Sounds like another job for Superappraisers Mandolin Bros. of New York. I don't know ... www.mandobros.com? Strat Man Dwight

Guitar

Tell me everything everyone knows about thr Electric Guitar pleez & Thank u

Re: Guitar

: Tell me everything everyone knows about thr Electric Guitar pleez & Thank u

Sure. Some electric guitars last for 3 months and sound terrible, and can't be played. The people who buy them usually think they got a great deal.

Other guitars, like those that the artists are using, can last a lifetime. If you buy one of those, it should be okay. If you ever have to sell it, people are willing to pay you just as much as they would for a crappy guitar, because too many buyers don't know the difference. So, it's wise to get information as you've requested. That's all I know, really.

Strat Man Dwight

Re: Guitar

if you lean one against a door and then open the door real quick, it will cause the guitar to fall over and possibly break. thats all i know.

d-tuna on a washburn

d-tuna on a washburn

This popular thread has been given its own page : d-tuna on a washburn

Taka W810

I have a Taka model #W810. Does anyone know anything about this guitar. It seems to be pretty high quality and has great sound. I can't find any info on it.

id also like to know cause im considering buying one....

: I have a Taka model #W810. Does anyone know anything about this guitar. It seems to be pretty high quality and has great sound. I can't find any info on it.

id also like to know cause im considering buying one....

: I have a Taka model #W810. Does anyone know anything about this guitar. It seems to be pretty high quality and has great sound. I can't find any info on it.

12 string electric hollowbody

Looking to buy a fender coronado xii string or a vox ultrasonic xii. Possibly something else let me know what you have.thanks

ALVAREZ GUITAR??????(REAL # HERE)

OK my sister just bought me an ALVAREZ guitar for $75 at an antique store she says the # on the inside reads 50222152 and i asked her to check for fret buzz and everything and it sounds pretty good over the phone. ANYWAYS is it a good guitar? are most alvarez guitars nice?? thanks a lot

Re: ALVAREZ GUITAR??????(REAL # HERE)

: OK my sister just bought me an ALVAREZ guitar for $75 at an antique store she says the # on the inside reads 50222152 and i asked her to check for fret buzz and everything and it sounds pretty good over the phone. ANYWAYS is it a good guitar? are most alvarez guitars nice?? thanks a lot

Any guitar whether good or bad, can be in great condition to not-so-great condition. But since the second part of your question is pretty specific, I've seen at least a dozen Alvarez's and all were nice, especially since the Yairi company began making or distributing them. An Alvarez-Yairi has the potential to be quite good.

Strat Man Dwight

Re: kod lagu_wing dan manbai

: : : tolong hantar kod-kod lagu kumpulan wing dan manbai yang tpo

Re: Looking for Yamaha FG1500

They sell for over US$3000 in Japan
the very first handcrafted Yamaha folk guitar made were high end FGs; FG1500 and FG 2000. These early ‘70s hand made FGs were a direct result of work with legendary artists from around the world.

Re: Yamaha FG-1500 guitar corrected email

FG1500 1972-73 is $3000++ in Japan

Re: Kahler Spyder Question

: I have an old guitar with a kahler Spyder trem on it. Does anyone have experience of it; how does it rate to the Cam type (pro/flyer series)??

: Thanks a lot

Re: Kahler Spyder Question

: I have an old guitar with a kahler Spyder trem on it. Does anyone have experience of it; how does it rate to the Cam type (pro/flyer series)??

: Thanks a lot

Battery power supply for entire pedal board.

Does anyone know of a way to power a pedal board with a single battery? Obviously not just a 9v, but maybe a larger battery that can feed 9v/300mA to each of my pedals individully? Gimme a shout.

Re: Battery power supply for entire pedal board.

dude your better off getting a power supply for your pedals trying to figure out a way to run your pedals on battery power is completely pointless only because if your using pedals you need an amp and that need to be run off and ac outlet

Dude, that's not what he is talking about, he asked if the PEDALBOARD can run on a battery, not the amp.

I have never heard of an entire board being powered by a battery. There is a lot of current running through that board and it can draw a lot from the battery especially if some of the pedals have different ratings. Personally, I would build or buy a powered pedalboard. They can handle the current load and accomodate pedals of various ratings. AND you never have to worry about the battery dying right in the middle of your "world's greatest rock guitar solo" leaving you in the spotlight with no signal looking rather silly.

You can try to find a 9 V battery from a small motorcykel, and then make a split-cable to supply every pedal on your board. If you can't find a 9 V battery, then use a 12 V battery from a car and use the LM7809 (electric komponent) to transform 12 V to 9 V. you can find the datasheet for the LM7809 here: http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/UTC/LM7809.html . (You must have the acrobat reader installed). The application diagram is at the buttom. The LM7809 can deliever current up to 1 A. A typical Guitar Effect Pedal uses 100 mA, so you can connect up to 10 devices on 1 LM7809. If you need more just put in another LM7809 in parallel.

need info desperately

need info desperately

This popular thread has been given its own page : need info desperately

which one of these?

have any of you had any experience with any of these:
"SIB Varidrive" "Peavey TG Raxx" "ToneBone" "Hot Chile Tubester" "nady TD-1"
thanks very much.

bc rich

Have a bc rich nj series.... trying to find value. can anyone suggest someone/someplace in Spokane, WA. ?
Need to sell & have been told $125.00 and then was told possibly up to $900.00 by another party..Help please!

Re: bc rich

: Have a bc rich nj series.... trying to find value. can anyone suggest someone/someplace in Spokane, WA. ?
: Need to sell & have been told $125.00 and then was told possibly up to $900.00 by another party..Help please!

Answer: suggest you contact Bill Nash at Nashguitars in Olympia, WA. If he's not buying, he knows Seattle and a 500 mile area where people are buying and selling.

Tell him I sent 'ya. Strat Man Dwight

Camper Van Beethoven gear stolen!

Hey - Camper Van Beethoven played a show in Montreal Tuesday night and after the show some sleeze balls ripped in to their trailer and took everything they could carry ...
complete list with snumbers and pictures here:
http://www.campervanbeethoven.com/gearstolen/

some big items ... 71 stratocaster .. charvel surfcaster, etc

if anyone spots this stuff - there is a reward - and instant love from the fan base too of course

1958 Fender electric bandmaster guitar w/case

I have an 1958 Fender bandmaster electric guitar with original case. Can anyone tell me the true value of it in todays market? THank you,Kenny

Re: washburn DM2000S millenium series guitar

: a few years ago i bought a washburn DM2000S millenium guitar the serial no says 15 of 24 not sure what that means, was i supposed to get an authenticity certificate with it if anyone could give me any info it would mean alot

I have the same problem. Mine is 24 of 24.

blajar.

Gw,mo blajar nih,,,,!! ajariin....????????????????

Re: blajar.

: Gw,mo blajar nih,,,,!! ajariin....????????????????

Gotta Brain says ?????????????????????????????????????

fingers shape effects

hello folks,

do you think that fat fingers will no help me to be a great guitarist
is there any famous guitarist with fat fingers ?
thank u

sincerely mac

Re: Ultrasonic pickups

hey Guys,I have two of these Ultrasonic pick up's,does anybody have a wiring diagram?
Thanks,
Renz

Epiphone or Gibson

I am looking for a new guitar and ive desided on a les paul but i have no a lot of wanga i could save for 2 years and get a gibon or get an epiphone in a few months . Is it worth 2 years to get a gibson or shall i just go for a epiphone

Re: Epiphone or Gibson

how about a Japanese Tokai? they do some fantastic copies, i have 2, a 1979 les paul 'reborn' which i paid £400 for last year, thats a jap and a fantastic copy, i also have a fairly new Korean les paul copy a 2 pickup custom, very nice too, i paid £395 new for that one. the korean one has a maple set neck and a 3 peice mahogany body, and the reborn has a mahogany set neck and mahogany body, i have a gibson les paul standard too and they come pretty close to the gibson sound, if i changed the pickups on the reborn i would have a hard job seperating it from the real thing, the stock pickups on the reborn sound a little thin, but i would say the guitars are better than Epi's but not quite up to gibson standards. But older Tokai's are becoming very collectable, if you bought a mid 80's one it would go up in value, and check out the shape of the guitar, it looks exactly like the Gibson Les Paul, Gibson took Tokai (or threatened to) to court to force them to change the shape of the guitar, and these 80's models became known as the 'lawsuit' models, and they are the collectable ones.
if i were you, i'd go down the Tokai road, as Oscar Wilde once said 'never mind about the width, feel the quality'.

If you don't mind waiting around for 2 years, definitely go with the Gibson. But, if you need something sooner, don't feel bad about "settling" for the Epi. They are making some very nice guitars these days. No matter what anyone says they are Gibsons just without the name and some of the "handcraftedness". They are made to very specific standards. The Epi's are great quality for the dollar guitars. On a side note.....have you played the new Epi Elitist series?...Gorgeous!!!!

i agree the Epi's are very good guitars, but to say they are the same standard as a gibson is rediculous.
Hardware is very different, the necks on the Epi's are made of maple, on Gibsons they are Mahogany, the body of a Gibson Les paul is a single peice of mahonany, on the epi it is 3 peices and not as thick, the whole construction on the USA Gibson is a lot tidier than the epi, attention to detail is so much better on the Gibson, in short the American made guitar is far superior to the Korean, and all this better hardware, wood, construction and attention to detail comes to fruition when you plug the USA LP in to an amp, anybody with half an ear can hear the difference, it sounds better, plays better, feels better, and looks better, if you need any more proof have a look around at the Pro guitarists, how many do you see playing Korean Epiphones?? Nuff said.

Considering I didn't say that the Epi's are made to the same standard as the Gibsons, I would suggest you read the responses a little better and truly understand what is being said. I said, "...they (Epi's)are made to very specific standards", pretty high standards I might add. Yes, they are basically Gibson guitars but, and this might ring a bell, "WITHOUT THE NAME AND SOME OF THE 'HANDCRAFTEDNESS'". Yes, Gibson has better hardware and better electronics and better all around quality, why do you think they are so expensive. So much time goes into producing them. And as far as your off the cuff remark about "pro guitarists" goes. T

: Considering I didn't say that the Epi's are made to the same standard as the Gibsons, I would suggest you read the responses a little better and truly understand what is being said. I said, "...they (Epi's)are made to very specific standards", pretty high standards I might add. Yes, they are basically Gibson guitars but, and this might ring a bell, "WITHOUT THE NAME AND SOME OF THE 'HANDCRAFTEDNESS'". Yes, Gibson has better hardware and better electronics and better all around quality, why do you think they are so expensive. So much time goes into producing them. And as far as your off the cuff remark about "pro guitarists" goes. THEY CAN AFFORD THE GIBSON'S, most of them are endorsers anyway and are given the guitars.Following are som Epiphone players, maybe you've heard of some...Chad Kroeger, Paula Cole, Peter Criss, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Joan Osbourne, John Fogerty, Noel Gallagher, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Alex Lifeson, Bob Marley, John Mellencamp, Willie Nelson, Our Lady Peace, Tony Palacios, John Lee Hooker...just to name a few.

I said the USA Epis were excellent, and most are, how many of the players you list play Korean Epis? I think John Lennon and Bob Marley are ruled out for sure, the only one i can see up there is maybe Noel Gallagher, and he's not a guitarist so he dont count (joke). I am basicaly saying this, there is a big difference between the USA and the Korean guitars, the difference is in every aspect. the difference may not relfect the price difference, but there is a very real difference.

there are so so many les paul copies out there that are a lot cheaper than the gibsons but are just as good. Try rondomusic.com, the agile guitars on there are the best price to quality ratio i've ever seen, and i know that many experienced guitarists on another forum buy them all the time. They also have great reviews on harmony central too. Tokai is a good name to look at also.

Epiphone or Gibson

I am looking for a new guitar and ive desided on a les paul but i have no a lot of wanga i could save for 2 years and get a gibon or get an epiphone in a few months . Is it worth 2 years to get a gibson or shall i just go for a epiphone

Re: need of englishsongs

: mp3 songs like backstreet boys

Re: need of englishsongs

: : mp3 songs like backstreet boys
papichulo

Wiring a guitar

Geese!!!I just started building a flying v guitar in my woodshop class. I don't know a thing about wiring a guitar. I know about the finish, but that's not the plroblem. I don't know how exactly distant the pickups have to be. I was thinking of getting EMG 80's. But anyway, I need the information from some one that actually knows about wiring.Thanks.

Re: New Kramer guitars (Gibson era)

I got a Kramer focus, and with a little spicing up, they sound great. I just put a fender pickup, and it made it better.

: : Does anybody have any opinions on the New Kramer guitars,namely the Barettas?

: I saw these guitars at hairballmusic.com awhile ago. I looked at what they are made of and they are true pieces of crap. you really don't expect to get a quality guitar for what they are asking. If you really want to get a piece of crap guitar, that sounds good, buy a danelectro. The original Kramers were crap, and these follow in the tradition

d28 martin guitar whats it worth

I have a d28 martin acoustic guitar. The serial# is 324-246. It was bought in 1972.It is in excellent condition. Does anyone know what it is worth.

Whitesnake

My friend just went to see Whitesnake at a London theater, he said it was one of the best gigs he has seen, do you all think he needs therapy? he said that women were still after all these years going nuts over David Coverdale, lucky git.

Re: Request Chord

: : Minta chord gitar lagu KKEB Andre Hehanusa dong...

: : Thanx before ya................

vantage guitar

I am looking for some information on a vantage guitar. It has a natural wood neck through, flanked by symetrical cherry pieces on each side; all brass harware, two dual pickups and pearl inlays. I bought it for 50 bucks about 7 years ago, but was told by a guitar store that it would go for about 1,200?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.