Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2004

Archive for posts from November, 2004

ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Vantage Guitar

: I also own a Vantage Guitar, Model unknown. I purchased it at a pawn shop in the 80's. It is quite attractive, in excellent condition and seems to be of above average quality.I've not been able to find any information about it. It does have a tag on the back that says Music City Music Store, 3030 Nolensville Road, Nashville Tn 37211, Phone 832-7450. If anyone can offer any info about this guitar, it would be appreciated.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I also own a vantage guitar. It is left handed and is a flying V model # EV575.......I bought it for 50 bucks from an old man who had an ad in the paper and it came with a deluxe case......it plays very well.

ZOOM MRS 1044 Tempo problem

Hello, does anybody know anything about this 10 track.
I can't seem to get two different tempos in a rhythm song. Can anyone help??

What is the difference between 24&3/4" and 25&1/2" scale length?

What is the difference between 24&3/4" and 25&1/2" scale length?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What is the difference between 24&3/4" and 25&1/2" scale length?

hooking up marshall stacks on stage

my band has a show coming up, and ive rented 4 marshall stacks, but i want to know how to hook the up properly. do i plug my effects pedals straight from my floor board to the input jack on the lead head onstage, or do i rent more heads, run the floor board to the backstage heads, and then those heads to the heads onstage?
please help me!!!!!

Re: hooking up marshall stacks on stage

just play through one head and stack and have the rest for show, just like everyone else does.... well except for Motorhead.

Re: hooking up marshall stacks on stage

Boy, Oh boy. You only need one amplifier backstage, and then you can tell the Mixer-man to mix your guitar signal a little bit higher in your stage monitors. The multi stack is only a visual effect. The Rich Rock musicans probaly own a couple of stacks, and put them up on stage to get a powerful & potent look. So use your money to rent some pretty girl dancing girls (with big "silly"-con tits, and tight asses) instead. But anyway, if you better like the stacks and want to use them active (I dont think the rich stack-owners even have them turned on !), well you have many ways to do the job. Some of my old Boss pedals, have B-output or stereo, you can use to split up you signal,ex. Boss digital Dimension (DC-3) & the Digital delay (DD-2). If you have access to a public libery, you may find a Acticle by "Craig Anderton" in "GUITAR PLAYER MAGASIN" /april 1985 page 96.Multiple Effects Systems Accesories, which have a couple of solutions. One is to build a little "Buffer" OP-amp, so you can split your guitar signal out to many Amplifiers. You can't just split up your cable directly, because the guitar output-impedance is to big. If you wnat more, You can email me and I will scan in the article for you and give you a simple electric diagram for a buffer amp. If you a little into electronic you can build yourself or you can get a technican to build it. Maybe I can build for you a sent it, if we have time.

Your setting on the GT6

I, i would like to know your different setting on your GT6.

1970's Yamaki acoustic wanted!

Hello, I am eagerly lookinh to get my mits on a Yamaki acoustic from the seventies. Anyone have one to sell?

Thanks,
Caz

Re: 1970's Yamaki acoustic wanted!

BUMP!

: Hello, I am eagerly lookinh to get my mits on a Yamaki acoustic from the seventies. Anyone have one to sell?

: Thanks,
: Caz

Tanglewood Aviator

Any idea what kind of price range the Tanglewood Aviator would come into?

Re: Tanglewood Aviator

are you sure on that model? ive never heard of it, but ive never seen a tanglewood over £400 and never seen one below £150, so i guess the range is low to mid, they do make some nice guitars and some pups as well, if you want a good accoustic guitar (dont know if the aviator is accoustic) then i would recomend Crafter, you can get a great accoustic from £150 - £300.

Electric acoustic multi effect unit with dual input????????

I play acoustic/electric guitar and treat it as an instrument in its own right rather than trying to get a mic'ed acoustic sound. I'm hoping someone has heard of a multi effects unit with two inputs for separately effecting, then mixing, mixing piezo and magnetic components within the unit.

Re: Electric acoustic multi effect unit with dual input????????

Hey there, hope you get the answer you're looking for. I like the the Korg Toneworks. It has 2 inputs per channel. But that is not the answer to your question. Somebody help!

My son knows the answer, he has a sound laboratory, and an education that I've paid for, with connections that took 40 years for me to make. He's a pro, he gets paid, I get nothing, I'm retired but been there. I try to help but been called a dumb ass, and he gets called gay. He doesn't put up with that. I just take the hits like a Abram's tank and I'm still rollin' strong. He doesn't have to take any insult. Sorry, I said that on your post.

The thing you want is a Fishman Blender - one of their models, check them out. It's higher end, but you don't have to pay more than $199. He won't tell me which one - the best one I think. I got him into this mess. If I'm wrong, we're gay again. Does that make sense? Good luck, hope somebody will put you STRAIGHT on to what is right for you. Strat man Dwight

Gibson U-2

Gibson U-2

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson U-2

where can i find an ibanez ex model?

where can i find an ibanez ex model?if u have any idea id like to no.ive been looking for one but cant find it.email me with the site and price

Re: where can i find an ibanez ex model?

: where can i find an ibanez ex model?if u have any idea id like to no.ive been looking for one but cant find it.email me with the site and price

Hey bud, if any of our fine people here don't give you the extra boost what you want, site is www.ibanezcollectors.com. All the best to everyone, Strat man Dwight

vedio song

i need song of murder movie
ooo ooo ooo

Re: vedio song

: i need song of murder movie
: ooo ooo ooo

What you realy want is to join either the Ministry of Dhol or www.mag4you.com. I am serious. The Ministry is at www.ministryofdhol.com and the other will satisfy all your music and movie download requirements. If you don't like this answer, please come over for tea and we shall discuss it. I'm here, 24 hours at your service. Strat man Dwight

Re: vedio song

this is my theory, i think all those stupid posts are put on by the MOD man, i think there is a conspiracy theory here and i think it goes right to the top, who knows maybe it even stops at the whitehouse!!
oh and if anyone does know where to get hindi-goobi tab, please let us all know.

chord jikustik

please kirimin gw cord-nya jikustik (semua lagu)donk.....or klo lo g bisa..lo kasih gw alternate site yg bisa ngasih cord jikustik .

thanks
SOGAN

Re: chord jikustik

i bet it was you who did it. Sogan is an annagram of I SHOT KENNEDY.

Rickenbacker3001

Need wireing diagram for Ric 3001. Please help!

LEARNING THE GUITAR SCALES

Is there a shortcut way of mastering guitar w/out learning scales?Or scales are really that important?

Re: LEARNING THE GUITAR SCALES

Scales are very very important, you realy do need to understand them to progress to a good standard on the guitar, and its best to learn them early on.

Guitar Strings

Where can you buy the cheapest guitar strings on the net. Please only reliable places.

TIA
Andrew

hofner beatle bass

serial #1166
any idea what year?
thanks.

Problems with guitar - need help

the strings on my squier strat guitar broke, and little bits of the strings feel under the bridge. I took the bridge off and took out the parts of string.
Ok, heres the problem. When I was doing it, these big fat springs fell out from under the pickupsin the guitar. My freind says that they hold down the tremolo, but I dont know how to put them back in! Help!!!!!!!

Re: Problems with guitar - need help

First.. on the back of your guitar , there must be something.. like a plate.... remove it..
then you just try to place the springs in there....
on end holds the tremolo... the other on the back of the guitar...
when you remove the plate you will know what I mean..;)

Slaeyer

PS: Sry, for my bad English.. ;)

Tokai J-45 Copy

Does anyone have any info on these Tokai copies of the Gibson J-45. Its being advertised as an even better version due to a solid top? Please help...

Re: Tokai J-45 Copy

See what i mean people, here is a post from a gut who has also had his head turned to the Tokai guitar range, i dont know about being better than the Gibson J45, that might be a bit over the top, but they certainly are value for money.

need help fixing guitar strings!

i have an electric guitar and i dont know how to fix the strings! Please Help.

Re: need help fixing guitar strings!

you start down the bridge end, poke the fat E string through the back of the body (or tailpeice depending on the type of guitar you have) they go up and over the saddles, pull the string along the neck to the tuner head, push the string though the hole or slot on the head and turn the tuner so that the string wraps around the tuner 3 times, cut off the excess, do the same to the other strings slightly increasing the amount of turns on the thinner strings as you go.
If you mean fix strings as in, 'ive broken my E string and want to mend it' you cant, you are wasting your time and ive just wasted 10 mins of my life.

dude mowrey

Does anyone know where i can find the tabliture for "The Rest of Forever" by Dude Mowrey. I'm also looking for the 1991 album "Honkytonk" by him. Any info would be great,

Thanks
Cory

Beginning Classical Student

I am a beginning classical guitar student and would like to know what is the best guitar to start with. Should I wait for a while before investing in a really good instrument or will a better instrument make a noticeable difference and improve my learning at this point. Currently, I have a Yamaha and it is in good shape. Thank you.

Van Halen Fans - Great instructional video

Fans of Van Halen, I am spreading the word about this great video I got off jfrocks.com. I am an advanced player and huge EVH fan and got some great tips and riffs off of the video. We are talkin complete tabs on all the songs off Van Halen 1, not just bits and pieces. The site has tons of free stuff and downloads, so I bought the video and it is great. There is Van Halen 1 available now, but the site says there will be a whole series coming. A great find. Go to http://www.jfrocks.com
Keep jammin
Rick

Re: Van Halen Fans - Great instructional video

I got the Van Halen 2 video and the van halen 1. Van halen 2 is even better I thought. But van halen 1 was fantastic too. Its nice to see the stuff not only explained but broken down. jfrocks.com is a real asset to van halen fans. Excellent site.

: Fans of Van Halen, I am spreading the word about this great video I got off jfrocks.com. I am an advanced player and huge EVH fan and got some great tips and riffs off of the video. We are talkin complete tabs on all the songs off Van Halen 1, not just bits and pieces. The site has tons of free stuff and downloads, so I bought the video and it is great. There is Van Halen 1 available now, but the site says there will be a whole series coming. A great find. Go to http://www.jfrocks.com
: Keep jammin
: Rick

grunge pedal

Does the pedal grunge from digitech sound exactly like sum 41 ?

Re: grunge pedal

yes, it has that very heavy fuzz distortion, a lot like song 2 by blur, although i think Graham Coxton used a Pro-Cat turbo rat for that one, or maybe an MXR ? if you want a used one look for a DOD FX69 its the same pedal, digitech and dod are the same company, you will see it on ebay as the DOD.

Re: grunge pedal

: youre absolutly right its amazing

carlsbro valve amp

does any one which to perchase a 1972 carlsbro 100 watt valve head.four mullard eL34 valves,2 inputs,middle,base,treble ,volume,metal stand by and power switches,looks like a marshall,excellant condition,fantastic sound,carlsbro have just reissued these amps at £749.00. open to offers.

Re: carlsbro valve amp

why dont you take out the mullards and sell them on Ebay?? have you seen how much they go for? then get some new sovtek 34's and auction the amp as recently serviced with new valves??

Lyrics to One Hundredth meridian by Tragically Hip

Can any one tell me what Name Gord Says.

Is it Kerry Ann ?

Re: Lyrics to One Hundredth meridian by Tragically Hip

Can any one tell me what Name Gord Says.

: Is it Kerry Ann ?

Did you mean "American myth?" I have the lyrics, but there just isn't much to your question. Sorry if I've wasted your time and mine. Strat man Dwight

franciscan guitar

do any one know if ano cs7-5 any good and if they have any info on it
thanks

Epihone Serial and model Help

I am trying to track the model and place of manufacture of an Epiphone guitar found in a pawn shop. Serial # F97110110. Cannot quite establish the make but the finish is a dark cherry. It has the appearance of a Les Paul Standard. Help appreciated

Re: Epihone Serial and model Help

: I am trying to track the model and place of manufacture of an Epiphone guitar found in a pawn shop. Serial # F97110110. Cannot quite establish the make but the finish is a dark cherry. It has the appearance of a Les Paul Standard. Help appreciated

Details on this guitar can be quite specific, since you have a serial number. It's a 1990, but a what? All Epiphone Les Pauls have the Les Paul Signature logo on them, by the tuners, it's not something that can be removed. This model, whatever it is will be listed in Gibson's Nashville Registry. Call 1-800-4GIBSON, and patiently await customer service. However they can't tell you where it was made. I guess the F means made by Farida, now situated in China, makers of Samick, Epiphone, Washburn, Yamaha and literally hundreds of other clones. Strat Man Dwight

Lyrics to 100th by Tragically Hip

Hey the moderator is a barrel of laughs on this one. The word m-e-r-i-d-i-a-n isn't allowed. I knew it would be fun, or take all night answering this one.

So what's the question about Kerry Ann? I'm sorry, Terri your request isn't detailed enough. I have the lyrics, nothing comes close.

All I see is the "American" myth. Best hour I spent today. What a terrible word, that m-e-r-i-d-i-a-n. Has to be something very e-v-i-l! Strat man Dwight

Branch Davidian

Did you all know that David Koresh played a Fender Stratocaster? That WAS in Waco, Texas. Now just a pile of dust. Wonder which m-e-r-i-d-i-a-n they were at? May they rest in peace. All things in moderation, Strat man Dwight

Re: Branch Davidian

Jeez, dont you ever shut up?

guitar blueprints

Im looking fot the blueprints of the smallman classical guitar wich has a arched back and is an unusually large guitar. The inside is needed in the blueprints. Any help will be apreciated

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.