Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2004

Archive for posts from November, 2004

ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar blueprints

: I'm looking for a template for a Gobson SG style guitar to size (1:1) or a scale that i can accurately enlarge. email me back please

Telecasters - who's on first?

Is there a resource for finding out information about all of the Telecasters that I see for sale out there? I am talkng about new guitars. Are the cheap ones really bad? Are Squires junk? Sorry for seeming to be a newbie, but I am just getting back into the electric world after a 10 year acoustic layoff, and am looking to maybe buy a Telecaster

Re: Telecasters - who's on first?

: Is there a resource for finding out information about all of the Telecasters that I see for sale out there? I am talkng about new guitars. Are the cheap ones really bad? Are Squires junk? Sorry for seeming to be a newbie, but I am just getting back into the electric world after a 10 year acoustic layoff, and am looking to maybe buy a Telecaster

Hey Rick 7 other forum members. I'm now posting this AFTER the above 4 posts, and while 5 other attempts were also made.

Rick, I will follow through and deliver the info I have promised to your email, IF & WHEN the mod man posts my earlier reply. It concerned all info on all Telecasters, vintage and modern. Nothing vile or offensive. Straight facts & features which I challenge the site administrators to place in view for us all. I'm no quitter, but the mod team has the ball on this one. I've just questioned how they play. Strat man Dwight

Telecasters below/THIS FORUM, RAICE, POLITIX, SECKS, DRUHGS, REALIGION, SPAAM

I CAN'T GET THROUGH THE MODERATOR ANY MORE. CAN NO LONGER EDIT MY OWN REPLIES AFTER MINUTES OR HOURS TO FIND WHICH WORDS ARE UNACCEPTABLE TO REMOVE THEM TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE WITH SERIOUS INQUIRIES. SORRY. OBVIOUSLY I AM GUILTY OF SOMETHING. MAYBE TOO SERIOUS FOR THIS FUN LOVING FORUM. WITH RESPECT FOR ALL. STRAT MAN DWIGHT

Re: Telecasters below/THIS FORUM, RAICE, POLITIX, SECKS, DRUHGS, REALIGION, SPAAM

Twat. F*ck off then, you talk to much anyway. "Yeah chatterbox...yeah you sqwak alot..."

Moderater.

Re: Telecasters below/THIS FORUM, RAICE, POLITIX, SECKS, DRUHGS, REALIGION, SPAAM

I can only agree, I'm scared of posting anything for fear that this Dwight d*ildo replies and gives sh*it information as usual...which appears to be the case reading through this forum.

Hello Dwight,

No need to panic - the moderation process takes time.

The message of yours that was held for moderator
approval has now been processed and is available at
<a href="http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/messages/78605.shtml">http://www.guitarsite.com/discussion/messages/78605.shtml</a>

Jason Horton
Discussion Forum Moderator

In reading Dwight's responses to others questions, it is obvious that he knows more about these subjects than most of you teeny-bopper, bubble-gum punk players out there. You know who you are: when a question asks, "what guitar or amp should I buy if I have only $300 to spend?" And you answer, "Buy a Les Paul or a Marshall or Mesa stack". It is pretty clear that you know next to nothing, you just regurgitate what you think is cool because Blink 182 uses that particular gear. Get some experience and some gear knowledge and then maybe you can contribute something useful. And by the way, whenever you use unnecessary language.....you don't sound cool, you don't impress anybody, all you do is prove how limited your vocabulary is and that you can't come up with actual words that have actual meanings to get your point across....SAD. I know that I am not the only one on this forum that feels this way. If you can't treat people with some respect, please, find another disscussion board. We promise you won't be missed.

hope thats not pointed at me phil.

No Lee, it's not pointed at you.

why not change your name to stratman 2 ??
see if it goes through

: why not change your name to stratman 2 ??
: see if it goes through

stratman 2 sounds like a very good name for anybody. and lee, and Phil B. and pookster are good names too. what happened to Trevor?

Trevor died... He died playing his 1957 Strat in the bathtub.... Stuck his toe up the facuet hole and grounded himself out.... His wife is really greiving because the 57 Strat got wet and now is almost worthless as was Trevor...... Flowers and/or another 57 strat maybe sent to:
Mrs. Trevor
2303 main St.
shitsville Canada, 4N4-RUstupid

: : why not change your name to stratman 2 ??
: : see if it goes through

:
: stratman 2 sounds like a very good name for anybody. and lee, and Phil B. and pookster are good names too. what happened to Trevor?

: Trevor died... He died playing his 1957 Strat in the bathtub.... Stuck his toe up the facuet hole and grounded himself out.... His wife is really greiving because the 57 Strat got wet and now is almost worthless as was Trevor...... Flowers and/or another 57 strat maybe sent to:
: Mrs. Trevor
: 2303 main St.
: shitsville Canada, 4N4-RUstupid

: : : why not change your name to stratman 2 ??
: : : see if it goes through

: :
: : stratman 2 sounds like a very good name for anybody. and lee, and Phil B. and pookster are good names too. what happened to Trevor?

allright mate, thats a shock. who cares?

thats a little harsh guitarman, Trevor seemed to know his stuff on floyd rose's, and a few ibanez models.

Mod test.

Is there religion in music? Strat man Dwight

Mod test.

Is there spam on this site? Strat man Dwight

Mod test

Have musicians ever used drugs? Strat man Dwight

Re: Mod test

Statman, we are getting a little worried, when does this Mod crusade become an obsession? let me know when to get the men in the white coats to pay you a visit.

terrorist, bomb, alert, osama bin laden, iraq, iran, CUBA, scarface, godfather, WMD, (sorry i know that word does not exist) potato, (hope i spelt that one right) sadam hussein.

i wonder if that lot will get through???

Respect

IMPORTANT. Treat everybody with respect no matter how difficult that may be. Last words. Strat Man Dwight

Gibson LP Standard vs LP Classic

Hey, I've been looking to upgrade my guitar for a while now and I've narrowed it down to either a LP Standard or LP Classic. Originally I liked the Classic better ( I play heavy metal, blues, etc.) but wasn't too happy with the distortion sound with the gain rolled back and with my EQ pedal turned off. I was trying to find that old marshall roar (AC/DC, Aerosmith..) but the open coil 490T and 500T (If i remember correctly) sounded too fuzzy and over the top. WIth the gain up, volume up, and EQ on it sounded great tho. The standard got that old marshall sound, and i think it could get that heavy metal sound too. BAsically i just wanted everyone's opinion and or suggestions or comments. Thanks a lot.

Re: Gibson LP Standard vs LP Classic

DWIGHT - Shut up before you even start.

Re: Gibson LP Standard vs LP Classic

I have a standard, my friend has a classic, they do have different sounds, the classic has a 60's tapered neck, and ceramic pickups, i would say it is a heavier sounding guitar, the pickups give great cut but i find they dont have the sweeping tonal range of the stock standard alnico pickups of the standard, my standard has a more favourable chunkier neck, better for blues but still a great rocker too, tone is in the ear of the beholder, everyone will have their own opinions on this.

WANTED: Kawai MoonSault Guitar or Moon Sault Guitars

WANTED: Kawai MoonSault 6 string Guitars or bass guitars any condition.
Email me a picture if you have one for sale advanced-marine@sbcglobal.net

i want to download free hindi ghazals

i want to download free hindi ghazals

track

could anyone tell me what the best free programs to record the songs and where i could get it? or maybe someone can tell me about how to mix all songs i ve record with studio track version 2.0. or if you ve the new n_track version could you let me to use it too? thankss

Re: track

Audacity is a free multi-track sound editor for MacOS, Windows, and Linux. It can record directly or import WAV, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, AIFF, and many other formats. Features include builtin effects, VST plugin loading, fast editing, and unlimited undo.

<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Audacity/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Audacity/</a>

: could anyone tell me what the best free programs to record the songs and where i could get it? or maybe someone can tell me about how to mix all songs i ve record with studio track version 2.0. or if you ve the new n_track version could you let me to use it too? thankss

tablatour

where could i get tablatour all yngwie and steve vai songs?

Yamaha SG2000 electric guitar

$550 in San Francisco Bay Area.

http://www.6stringbrute.com/sg2000-1980.html

Re: Yamaha SG2000 electric guitar

What exactly is your question? If your wanting to know if this is a good price for a SG2000 in very good to excellent condition, then I say yes. I used to have one similar to this one. They are great guitars.

ESP LTP EC-1000

anyone kno info on the ESP LTD EC-1000? thinkin bout buyin one....how do u guys like it?

salsh's great guitars

hello salsh you know i loved your air from first one and i loved to give me guitar gibson in lebanon i love you (SLASH)

Re: salsh's great guitars

: hello salsh you know i loved your air from first one and i loved to give me guitar gibson in lebanon i love you (SLASH)you are the best

Prince Purple Rain Solo

If anyone has the sheet music or tabs for the guitar solo in Purple Rain I would really appreciate to hear from you. I've been looking for this forever!
Thanks!

Re: Prince Purple Rain Solo

I remember the days before TAB and way before the internet, we used to put on the vinyl and work out the solo's, they were the days.

Value of Guild 12 string Guitar

I own a Guild 12 string in near perfect condition with case. Serial number is 73071 ( I believe a 1972) Model number F212XL. It also has a number printed inside the body,781113. I am interested in determining the value. It is for sale.

Re: Value of Guild 12 string Guitar

: I own a Guild 12 string in near perfect condition with case. Serial number is 73071 ( I believe a 1972) Model number F212XL. It also has a number printed inside the body,781113. I am interested in determining the value. It is for sale.

What color is the guitar?

Dick

hoobastank

pasen el video que sigue de the reason ok

Pete Anderson - guitar guru

Anyone else think Pete Anderson, multi award winning guitarist and producer is in the top list of all time great guitarists besides me? He can play rock, jazz, blues, country, all styles. He can play anything with strings too, not just guitar.

Re: Pete Anderson - guitar guru

I agree with you! I wish he would team back up with dwight and bring back the raw sound we heard back in the 90's

: Anyone else think Pete Anderson, multi award winning guitarist and producer is in the top list of all time great guitarists besides me? He can play rock, jazz, blues, country, all styles. He can play anything with strings too, not just guitar.

Danelectro DanoBlaster

hello all,
I have recently purchased a Danelectro DanoBlaster from a pawn shop for 30.00. I looked into the danoblasters and it seems that they have built in effects with the guitar but i noticed that mine does not! I am missing the 4 buttons that change the effect and the bottom two TONE controlers. If anyone has any parts or wiring diragrams to my guitar it would be super cool if i could buy them or look at the diagrams.
Thanks All
Austin

Need assistance in purchasing the right sized guitar

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone here can help me. I am in the market for an acoustic guitar. I am beginner and I am built pretty petite. I have trouble playing my brothers guitar which is 41" acoustic. My biggest problem seems to be wrapping my arm around the guitar to strum. I was wondering in this case what would be the best sized guitar for me to get? Any advice on what I should look into purchasing would be great. Thanks so much.

Re: Need assistance in purchasing the right sized guitar

Check concert size. See Yamaha for definition, specs, examples and try it. Or just try it. .....been there!

epiphone bass serial # 0148824

i have this epiphone bass bought at auction recently for 230.00$ serial #0148824 stamped on back of metal plate where bolt on neck connects to body.
what year is this? made where? what is this worth, its looks brand new.

also bought gibson les paul junior good contion all original plays great. serial # 929711 ink stamped on back of headstock. i think its a 1959 - what is this worth? thanks alot jc

help me !

how to control my finger ?

Re: help me !

Ptactice some scales, and learn to pick up & down with dissiplin

about how to plug grunge pedal

Is that okay if i plug my wire to the output(mixer)and the other in the output of my amp? If not how should i plug it ? Should i plug the other in the hole call insert behind my amp or should i do something els ?

Re: about how to plug grunge pedal

GUITAR to - input of GRUNGE, output of GRUNGE to input of amp (on front) total of 1 guitar, 1 amp, and 2 leads. keep it simple.

Do you mean ther's 2 kinda of distortion from the output ??

Iis it normal if a get close of my amp with my guit you have a kind of nasty feedback? Suggest me some preset with that pedal please anyone

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.