Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2004

Archive for posts from November, 2004

ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Jaques Chriac and Tony Blair

anybody hear about the UN meeting a while back? all the nations were there in a very large hall they were all seated, all the heads of states, and they had entertainment and lunch and, and at the end of the afternoon there was a pop band on stage, and they start to play a beatles song, 'all you need is love' and who do you think stood up and saluted (the only one in the hall)when the band struck up the first 6 bars?? yep the gooky jaques chriac, our prime minister tried to hide his embarresment, he was seated next to the frog.

Re: Jaques Chriac and Tony Blair

I guess Tony is a Stones fan. Strat man Dwight

Shook me all night long

Any tips, I need help

Re: Shook me all night long

: Any tips, I need help

The first part is the hardest, the rest is really smooth. If you can make it past the intro, you will have no trouble keeping the rhythm. Strat man Dwight

which came first the firebird V or the fender stratocaster

which came first the firebird V or the fender stratocaster?

which came first the firebird V or the fender stratocaster

which came first the firebird V or the fender stratocaster?

Re: which came first the firebird V or the fender stratocaster

The stratocaster came out in 1954 and the firebirds didn't come out until the late 60's.

value

Does anyone know the value of a 40th anniversay stratocaster USA made guitar? It is in great shape.

Kazou Yairi guitar help please

I have a Yairi CBS Masterworks model number MWG-Y1035 in good condition in a hard case. How much should I ask for it? Hasnt been played for 25 years and bought used in 1974.

C. F. Martin OM-42: A Fingerpicking Dream Guitar...

If you are interested in a used Martin OM-42 in excellent condition, please visit my eBay auction web page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3763885646

Regards,
Trent

cool band

go to http://deadinthewatermusic.com/ it is a hella cool ska punk band

deadinthewater (cool band)

go to http://deadinthewatermusic.com/ it is a hella cool ska punk band listen to ther songs !!!

deadinthewater (cool band)

go to http://deadinthewatermusic.com/ it is a hella cool ska punk band listen to ther songs !!!

song

i want Rapture Dhol.

Re: song

is that a medical condition?

http://deadinthewatermusic.com/

dead in the water is awsome listen to there songs at http://deadinthewatermusic.com/

Re: http://deadinthewatermusic.com/

there bassist is sick on the song our hearts tonight (live) listen to it on http://deadinthewatermusic.com/

Kent guitars

Most information on these and any links can be found by typing Kent guitar in yur search box and not the Web area of your browser. I have several brochures on these guitars from serching the site. Have also purchased a few guitars that are original from these sites.

Acustic Kent

Hi i found a kent accoustic guitar model #KF5 I was wondering if it was worth anything
Ray

What's it worth

I have a Mexican made Fender Strat made in I believe 95. I think it is a Wayne's World model. Does that make it worth more or less? Anybody have an idea of what its worth - ballpark figure?

Thanks
Joint

Re: What's it worth

Denied

1974 gibson dove

1974 gibson dove

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1974 gibson dove

Good Punk sound for Roland Cube 30

Hi, i recently bought a roland cube 30 and i loved it since. but i cant seem to get a good punk palm muting chug sound that a lot of punk bands use today. i use the rectifier setting. thnx in advance

What's a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar?

What's a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : What's a very good acoustic, steel-string, wide-neck guitar?

Jackson on Ebay ?Item number: 3763481781

Item number: 3763481781 ? thoughts

VOX Tear Drop Original Item number: 3763486462

Item number: 3763486462 ebay / 1960's Original

Can you get that Slash style gain or distorted sound from a pedal?

Can you get that Slash style gain or distorted sound from a pedal?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Can you get that Slash style gain or distorted sound from a pedal?

MRS 1044

Does anybody know how to have different tempos within the same rhythm song.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Which is the best guitar you´ve ever played or own?

Yeah! that's the question..... which is the best guitar you've ever played....or own

For me, that will be de PRS Custom 22 Flame Top, it has the sweetest sound i've ever heard, and you feel great playing it, like you were a truly rock star hehe... but i just played it... I have to work alot to buy one.. someday....

Re: Which is the best guitar you´ve ever played or own?

: Yeah! that's the question..... which is the best guitar you've ever played....or own

: For me, that will be de PRS Custom 22 Flame Top, it has the sweetest sound i've ever heard, and you feel great playing it, like you were a truly rock star hehe... but i just played it... I have to work alot to buy one.. someday....

..... in my opinion, the same as you, but mine's a 1998 CE-22. However I am no longer happy with the amount of parts that P-R-S are supposed to be bringing in from China, especially their outsourced elaborate inlays, and now possibly pickups, then they reportedly fit everything so nicely into a supremeley "finished in the USA" body, and there you have, a very nice guitar. Still World Class, as long as China is part of the World.

My favorite patriotic pick is the all-American Gibson Les Paul Classic 60. Constructed & finished to absolute perfection, with slim taper neck, the usual short scale, great feel & balance and tone which doesn't get any better (unless you have a boutique pickup preference). And gosh, that one's in a dead heat with my now-extinct SG 62 re-issue, which has the same features, in a lighter package, with creamy-but-kickass 57 Classic humbuckers. Not to be confused with the lesser 61 model now available - less density and poorly finished.

But to really play, I build my own Strats. Not part of this topic I would suspect. Strat man Dwight

BR Rich guitars wanted

Hi everybody, I'm an collector and i'm looking for late 70ies or early 80ies BC Rich guitars. Only neckthru guitars, please send you offer with picture to telewind@chello.nl Thank you!!!!

Mexican Straocaster Phoney ?

Mexican Straocaster Phoney ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mexican Straocaster Phoney ?

ZOOM 607 BASS EFFECTS PEDAL

How do i use a ZOOM 607 BASS EFFECTS PEDAL

May Bell guitar located

i have located an guitar with the name "May Bell" across the top of neck. it was purished new by a lady who died 4 years back at age 86. her sister has it now for sale. it seems to be a small frame. any onfo : how to tell age / model / value Etc.??? thank you

May Bell Guitar found

i reciently ran onto a May Bell guitar for sale, an elderly lady owns it. her sister bought it new years back to play by herself. the original lady owner died 4 years ago at age 86 years.it appears to be a small body. any info concening this guitar wound be great. I.E. : other ID marks / who made it / value Etc...

May Bell Guitar found

i reciently ran onto a May Bell guitar for sale, an elderly lady owns it. her sister bought it new years back to play by herself. the original lady owner died 4 years ago at age 86 years.it appears to be a small body. any info concening this guitar wound be great. I.E. : other ID marks / who made it / value Etc...

1982 Gibson VIctory Passive Bass

Hello All,

Just wondered if any1 has any info on the gibson victory bass im interested in finding and buying a passive one but doesnt seem to be all that much info on the web, i know kirst noveselic used one live sometimes, but just wondered bout details like weight, balance, sound etc

any info welcome, hope some1 can shed some light on my search!!!

thanks, ad

Re: 1982 Gibson VIctory Passive Bass

I own a 1981 Victory Bass. Quite nice to play on, although it is really heavy. It's not too bad though if you have a nice wide strap. As far as sound goes it has a really mellow sound to it, well suited for classic rock or even jazz. The sustain is excellent on this bass.
You can find a lot more info here http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Gibson/Victory-Bass-Standard-01.html

Eric

1982 Gibson VIctory Passive Bass

Hello All,

Just wondered if any1 has any info on the gibson victory bass im interested in finding and buying a passive one but doesnt seem to be all that much info on the web, i know kirst noveselic used one live sometimes, but just wondered bout details like weight, balance, sound etc

any info welcome, hope some1 can shed some light on my search!!!

thanks, ad

Black Gibson RD Artist Bass (earlier bob moog version)

Can anybody help,

i have a black rd artist in near mint condition, im thinking of selling it, does anybody have any idea of how much its worth?

lots of fuzz

mr precision

Re: Black Gibson RD Artist Bass (earlier bob moog version)

: Can anybody help,

: i have a black rd artist in near mint condition, im thinking of selling it, does anybody have any idea of how much its worth?

: lots of fuzz

: mr precision

What, you never heard from that Gibson historian Strat Man what was his name, Dwight? I think he'd have sent you to www.basspalace.com, one of the World's great bass places. Till Tuesday

Re: Black Gibson RD Artist Bass (earlier bob moog version)

I'm looking at adding a Gibson RD Artist to my collection when I saw your great looking bass on Guitarsite.com. I was hoping you could answer the following before I place my bid: 1. What is the serial of the guitar? 2. What is the scale? 3. Are all components original? 4. Can you describe and send pics of any nicks or dings? 5. Is the neck straight and any fret wear or buzz? 6. Are all electronics working? 7. Does it include the OHSC? 8. What's your asking price?thanks Michael

: Can anybody help,

: i have a black rd artist in near mint condition, im thinking of selling it, does anybody have any idea of how much its worth?

: lots of fuzz

: mr precision

gibson dove

does anyone know the value of 74 gibson dove? my freind is asking 1,100 its in very good cond looks new with case.. any information would be great thanks Randy

Help

I have no idea who to ask or where to go. I wanna learn to play guitar, what kind should I get to begin with?? Thank You so much!!

Any Heartfield guitars for sale ?

Hey Guys !

If you have any Heartfield guitars for sale please let me know.

Send an e-mail to : nycgebay@optonline.net

Thanks !!

Re: Any Heartfield guitars for sale ?

: Hey Guys !

: If you have any Heartfield guitars for sale please let me know.

: Send an e-mail to : nycgebay@optonline.net

: Thanks !!

Hi folks!

I have a Fender Heartfield guitar for sale... 1-418-573-6407,

: Hi folks!

: I have a Fender Heartfield RR for sale... 1-418-573-6407, I`m in Quebec city. livaly3@yahoo.ca

Vantage Guitar

I own a Vantage Guitar, Model # VA-35C. I purchased it new in 1985 and it is still in excellent condition. I've not been able to find any information about this model. If anyone can offer any, it would be appreciated.

Re: Vantage Guitar

I also own a Vantage Guitar, Model unknown. I purchased it at a pawn shop in the 80's. It is quite attractive, in excellent condition and seems to be of above average quality.I've not been able to find any information about it. It does have a tag on the back that says Music City Music Store, 3030 Nolensville Road, Nashville Tn 37211, Phone 832-7450. If anyone can offer any info about this guitar, it would be appreciated.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.