Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Strap for a Classical Guitar

Hi!
I need an advice about a strap for a Classical Guitar.
Normaly, it has no pins for a strap.

There is a special straps for classics:
one with a hook on the end (unreliable one)
and other one, which holds both sides of the guitar body (better one).

Is it reasonable to install a pin (I afraid of damaging an instrument) or two keep searching this second variant of special strap?

Re: Strap for a Classical Guitar

: Hi!
: I need an advice about a strap for a Classical Guitar.
: Normaly, it has no pins for a strap.

: There is a special straps for classics:
: one with a hook on the end (unreliable one)
: and other one, which holds both sides of the guitar body (better one).

: Is it reasonable to install a pin (I afraid of damaging an instrument) or two keep searching this second variant of special strap?

Jeez, everyone else plays sitting down, except Willie Nelson. Well, you can't put a regular pin in the end due to lack of support bracing. The missing link, the ones used by some pros hook under the upper lip of the soundhole. They're kind of awkward. I wonder if they are actually Saxophone slings. Still, check your nearest College or University for an opinion or demonstration.

Daisy Girl >

Thanks. Finally, I've got through with it.
Now I know, that two-sided classical guitar strap really exists and it is the best without making holes.

Unfortunately, it is rare and I wasn't able to get it in local shops. So, I've brought my guitar to violin-maker and he installed a pin.

Now I would say that I'm very satisfied: playing classical guitar with traditional strap attachet to a single pin and to the headstok is pretty comfortable.

: Daisy Girl >

: Thanks. Finally, I've got through with it.
: Now I know, that two-sided classical guitar strap really exists and it is the best without making holes.

: Unfortunately, it is rare and I wasn't able to get it in local shops. So, I've brought my guitar to violin-maker and he installed a pin.

: Now I would say that I'm very satisfied: playing classical guitar with traditional strap attachet to a single pin and to the headstok is pretty comfortable.

Thank you for sharing your success story. Sounds like a good, satisfying solution. There should be some kind of prize for you, but ... you have your reward.

Dr.Z Z-28. Mint. Gold faceplate.

I sell a mint Z28 head. This is one of the ones with the gold faceplates. The head is dead mint, not even a single scratch, and I replaced the 6v6s about two months ago (with TAD's), as I didn't plan to sell it.

I prefer to discuss the price by email. This is in Europe.

Best,
Javi
jruanogomez@hotmail.com

Aulas de guitarra e violão

Aulas individuais, para iniciantes e avançados. Todos os estilos. Também em domicilio. (11) 83957960

BCRich guitar

i have a BCRich Bich with a large "R" on the headstock
it is not a bolt on.it has active electronics and a myriad of knobs and switches(LOL) the serial # is 88705
i would like to know when it was made and what all the bells and whistles are for.any info would be appreciated as i can find nothing about it on the bcr website. please e-mail if you have any info thanx

Re: BCRich guitar

The only guitar I've ever seen with a big R on the heastock was a bc Rich Custom.. just look on the BCRich website and look at handcraftet guitars.. theres also just an R on the headstock...

Slaeyer

Re: BCRich guitar

It is a Custom shop B.C. Rich from what i know, The production models as of now all say B.C. Rich on the headstock, I've never seen a production model with the R on it. And since you said its not a bolt on you probably have a $1500+ guitar easily.

To find any specific info on your guitar you would have to contact B.C. Rich.

Re: BCRich guitarcustomviginactivepriceplease

: i have a BCRich Bich with a large "R" on the headstock
: it is not a bolt on.it has active electronics and a myriad of knobs and switches(LOL) the serial # is 88705
: i would like to know when it was made and what all the bells and whistles are for.any info would be appreciated as i can find nothing about it on the bcr website. please e-mail if you have any info thanx

marshall tsl 100 jcm 2000 HELP!!

ok so my setup is
a marshall tsl 100 jcm 2000 valve head going into a 1960 vintage 4x12 cab

i need to know if my cab needs the impedance set correctly or needs biasing??

i played a gig recently and the sound engineer said that it smelt like the head was burning....and i must agree it does get REALLY hot and smell of burning wen i have it on....

this only seems to happen on the distortion valves on the right hand side....dont know if its meant to be like this

also i wud like sum reccomendations for settings since im poo at them lol

i want to sound like muse or the smashing pumpkins...or basically anything which u guys think sounds good

thanks x

mark

Re: marshall tsl 100 jcm 2000 HELP!!

you dont 'bias' cabinets, only some older types of valve amp, you mostly need to rebias an amp when you change the output valves, in your case it will be 4 x el34's. but im pretty sure that the marshall TSL series is an auto-biasing amp, so no worries there.
one thing you need to watch for is the way you connect the head to the cab, make sure you match the impedence setting for the speakers, if you dont do this you can damage your amp's output transformer, and that can be a very costly thing to replace, on your cab you have mono and stereo inputs, i think the vintage has 4/8/16 ohm impedence selections, so long as you match the output impedence of the amp, with the input impedence of the spekers you should be ok.
i bet that is as clear as mud??
ps burnig smell could br the output transformer burning out.

: ok so my setup is
: a marshall tsl 100 jcm 2000 valve head going into a 1960 vintage 4x12 cab

: i need to know if my cab needs the impedance set correctly or needs biasing??

: i played a gig recently and the sound engineer said that it smelt like the head was burning....and i must agree it does get REALLY hot and smell of burning wen i have it on....

: this only seems to happen on the distortion valves on the right hand side....dont know if its meant to be like this

: also i wud like sum reccomendations for settings since im poo at them lol

: i want to sound like muse or the smashing pumpkins...or basically anything which u guys think sounds good

: thanks x

: mark

erm...my cab doesnt have any different settings for impedence on it....it is a jcm900 4x12 1960....i think i got it wring last time.......arrrrr i dont kno wat to do

: you dont 'bias' cabinets, only some older types of valve amp, you mostly need to rebias an amp when you change the output valves, in your case it will be 4 x el34's. but im pretty sure that the marshall TSL series is an auto-biasing amp, so no worries there.
: one thing you need to watch for is the way you connect the head to the cab, make sure you match the impedence setting for the speakers, if you dont do this you can damage your amp's output transformer, and that can be a very costly thing to replace, on your cab you have mono and stereo inputs, i think the vintage has 4/8/16 ohm impedence selections, so long as you match the output impedence of the amp, with the input impedence of the spekers you should be ok.
: i bet that is as clear as mud??
: ps burnig smell could br the output transformer burning out.

: : ok so my setup is
: : a marshall tsl 100 jcm 2000 valve head going into a 1960 vintage 4x12 cab

: : i need to know if my cab needs the impedance set correctly or needs biasing??

: : i played a gig recently and the sound engineer said that it smelt like the head was burning....and i must agree it does get REALLY hot and smell of burning wen i have it on....

: : this only seems to happen on the distortion valves on the right hand side....dont know if its meant to be like this

: : also i wud like sum reccomendations for settings since im poo at them lol

: : i want to sound like muse or the smashing pumpkins...or basically anything which u guys think sounds good

: : thanks x

: : mark

i think if you are using the 4x12 vintage cab then you need to use the 16ohm output on the back of the amp to the cab, you should also buy a heavy duty cable for this and not just one of your old guitar leads, guitar leads tend to have a thin centre core conductor cable and are not best suited for the job, remember you are connecing an amp to a speaker cab so you should use something like the audio cable you would use for your home hifi, but get a heavier duty one. also a tip for you, never NEVER run your amp with no cab connected dont even switch it on unless there is a cab connected, you can realy wreck your amp doing this. but having said all this i think some congratulations are in order for your choice of amp and cab, if your cab has the celestion greenbacks then you have made an excellent choice and twinned with the TSL100 it will make a fantastic setup.

check out this page on the marshall website for further info on impedence settings,

http://www.marshallamps.com/images/extra/toptips.html

To you crazy Fender junkies [SC]

There's a lovely Starcaster up on eBay again. Worth checking out.

Weeping Widow fills

Looking for the fills(the small lead parts throughout the song) to the song Weeping Widow by April Wine. Thanks

pickups

I have a 69 reissue telecaster and recently bought new pickups for it. The pickups I have though are single coil but have 3 wires coming from each. I want to use a five position switch but have been unsuccessful in getting the sound I like out of it. Can anyone help?

Re: pickups

Look for some wiring diagrams at
http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/wiringresources/

;)

Re: pickups

I am familiar with Teles. You can not use a regular 5 way switch on them, unless it's a Fender or Stew Mac Superswitch. If you use a regular 5 way, you can get all 3 tones in a symmetrical arrangement. If you explain what sounds you want, I'll have one of the guys write to you. I have 1 - neck, 2 - neck & bridge series, 3 - neck & bridge parallel, 4 - neck & bridge series/out of phase, 5 - bridge. Thing womps, stomps and rules!

Jackson Serial Numbers

My Jackson is a neck thru with serial number J000436. I cannot find this number anywhere. It has one too many zeros. It has been impossible to find. Can anyone help?...at least a resource...the Jackson website has the same list as everyone else.

Re: Jackson Serial Numbers

: My Jackson is a neck thru with serial number J000436. I cannot find this number anywhere. It has one too many zeros. It has been impossible to find. Can anyone help?...at least a resource...the Jackson website has the same list as everyone else.

I have the same problem. I have solid white neck thru body Jackson serial J000771. It has the H S S pickup config, active Jackson electronics and says Professional on the Head stock. I've been unable to find a specific model number or much else info

: : My Jackson is a neck thru with serial number J000436. I cannot find this number anywhere. It has one too many zeros. It has been impossible to find. Can anyone help?...at least a resource...the Jackson website has the same list as everyone else.

They're made in Japan, a cheaper series than U.S. made ones. The older ones have faster necks and plays decently. The serial number can't be found because it isn't a Jackson Series, more of a branch company made thing. Mine is on the way to me :) Hope this helps.

: I have the same problem. I have solid white neck thru body Jackson serial J000771. It has the H S S pickup config, active Jackson electronics and says Professional on the Head stock. I've been unable to find a specific model number or much else info

Its a Japanese Custom Shop. The serial numbers were for prototypes and one off custom designs. Mine is J002026; Two humbuckers with fixed bridge and flamed maple top

Distortion Pedal

What is the best Distortion Pedal to buy for the money ? I like the 80 sound ! I'm looking at the MXR M151, MXR ZW44, Bose Metal Zone, Digitech Heavy Metal,Tech 21 Sans amp GT-2. is any of these pedal goof for the money ? thanks

Re: Distortion Pedal

the best one for the money is the one that sounds best to your ears. maybe you should look at buying a good hi-gain amp? Ive tried many distortion pedals in my time, but ive always gone back to the ProCat turbo rat, its a bit expensive, but it sounds fantastic.

Re: Silvertone guitar information needed.

: Hello. I recently bought a lovely red Silvertone electric guitar at a garage sale. I'm trying to figure out when it was made and approximate value range. It is pleasing looking and plays well. I'd rate it a 7 on a 1 - 10 scale. The metal plate on the back list the model number as 759-1436-1, and the serial number as 270988. It is metallic red, having two pick-ups with black faces, a three-way toggle switch, two volume and one tone knobs, and a tremelo bar. The pick guard is two tone metallic silver, consisting of alternating vertical stripes of brushed (almost white) coloration, and polished (chrome like) coloration. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

dire straits guitar sound

dire straits guitar sound

This popular thread has been given its own page : dire straits guitar sound

GOCAD Crack file and software

::who can help me crack the GOCAD new version software

can you give me an unused half-life 2 cd key

: ::who can help me find an unused half-life 2 cd key

Re: can you give me an unused half-life 2 cd key

: : ::who can help me find an unused half-life 2 cd key
din mamma

Re: can you give me an unused half-life 2 cd key

Hey i need one too!

can you give me an unused half-life 2 cd key please!!!

i need an unused cd key half-life 2 please help me!!!

blue burst limited eddition epiphone les paul guitar

Just wondering if anyone knows how rare a blue burst les paul is? Does anyone else have one?

Re: blue burst limited eddition epiphone les paul guitar

seen a few for sale, but dont know anyone thats got one, bit of an aquired taste.

I've got one. Changed the pickups to Seymour Duncan Jazz Neck and JB bridge and its a very very sweet instrument.

i've got one, bought it used at a guitar shop,i think the only special edition thing about it is the paint, but im not sure

Heard of Profile guitars?

Heard of Profile guitars?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Heard of Profile guitars?

ai

tolong ajar aku main gitar

Epiphone PR-725

I would appreciate any help identifying when my guitar was manufactured. I know it was made in Japan and the SN is 0510173. Any idea of it's value would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Washburn Signature Series

I have a George Washburn Signature Series , Stevens Extended Cutaway Electric Guitar that is in like new condition ,,,, I was wondering if anyone new were i could find out the value of this guitar... thanx

Guitar Port (Line 6)

anyone have one and subscribe to the website?? i just oredered one for the wife to wrap up for me as a christmas pressie, what can i expect from the line 6 package??

My sg

I just got an sg,serial # 619567.It has 2 inputs, and it has 2 switches for each pickup, on the pickguard.This is a stereo sg. Im trying to find the model and year of this sg,
Thanks, Lou

Re: My sg

The serial number dates back to the early 70's but it's hard to pinpoint an exact year. As for the model, no clue. I haven't seen any info on a stereo SG in any of the books that I have. It might be a factory custom. Very interesting...

Re: My sg

: I just got an sg,serial # 619567.It has 2 inputs, and it has 2 switches for each pickup, on the pickguard.This is a stereo sg. Im trying to find the model and year of this sg,
: Thanks, Lou

Lou, your posting has been answered correctly. This model, probably SG Stereo was made from 1970 - 72, and a few later models were finished in 1974 - 75. A reliable source at the manufacturer says it was a production model, not made in any great numbers. It would be a pretty cool guitar. Why don't you talk to Mandolin Bros. about it? They could be not far from you.

u2 edge's guitar sound

u2 edge's guitar sound

This popular thread has been given its own page : u2 edge's guitar sound

Guns n Roses backing tracks

Do you know if there is any lead guitar backing tracks for Appetite for Destruction that i can buy or download? - a CD where i can play the lead part along with it. Thanks!

Re: Guns n Roses backing tracks

have you checked out line 6 website for the guitar port? they are doing an offer get your 1st month free, i think it's $7.99 a month to join.

or check this website out:

http://www.jamtrax.com/productinfo.asp?v06VQ=LFI

Thanks for both suggestions, guitarport only has welcome to the jungle and the CD isn't what i'm really looking for. Do you know if there is the whole album's backing tracks somewhere?
cheers mate.

ive not seen it, you sould try the midi backing tracks, they can sound a bit 'soft cell' though, midi tracks are available from loads of websites, go for the professional ones they will sound a bit better, type in a search in google.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.