Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Led Zeppelin sound on Marshall Mg-15CD

: Is there any possibility to sound nearly like Mr. Page while I´m playing this amp?
: Please, give me some possible settings for this amp.
: If there is no way, I can use the Digitech Hot head distortion. If anyone knows settings for this distortion, please post it here too. Or write an e-mail. pepso@seznam.cz

gain 5 or 6 volume 3.5 -5 bass 7.5 mid 3- 3.5 treble 6

Takamine F350M

Takamine F350M

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine F350M

guitar apraisal

im trying to find out what my washburn millenium dm2000sce is worth...mint condition.please somebody help.............thanks

Re: guitar apraisal

George Gruhn will help for a price - used to charge about $25 for appraisal if you send pics - www.gruhn.com

Sheet Music

do u guys know ne good websites 2 get free sheet music (but not tabs)?

Re: Sheet Music

and im also wondering wut amount of drive sounds good for punk, cuz i've messed around w/ it, and think it all sounds pretty good.

earn 20000 Rs without investmest from you

Please contect me for Details
or email me

Identifying an early 70's SG

I picked up a 6 digit, made in USA SG that is different from anything in my SG book. If anyone thinks they can help me with this one please contact me at goat6567@juno.com

basses

selling my bass 200 $

Legend of Classical Guitar

Hi,
I visit the website WWW.classicalguitar-veena.com there i found Thakur Chakrapani Singh The Great Classical guitar Player and excellent work in his music field.You are realy an Ideal Musician.Thanks

James

Pickups from 1965 Burns Marvin for sale

I have two pickups from a 1965 Burns Marvin for sale. Their history goes as follows: Back in 1965 I was touring with my band when one pickup (don't recall which one)of my Marvin went dead. We phoned at Burns and they immediately sent us three(!) new pickups free of charge. We replaced them all just in case. Ever since the two original good ones have been hiding in some box until they fell in my hands the other day. If there is any interest send me a mail. I can supply pictures.
Ingo

Re: Pickups from 1965 Burns Marvin for sale

: I have two pickups from a 1965 Burns Marvin for sale. Their history goes as follows: Back in 1965 I was touring with my band when one pickup (don't recall which one)of my Marvin went dead. We phoned at Burns and they immediately sent us three(!) new pickups free of charge. We replaced them all just in case. Ever since the two original good ones have been hiding in some box until they fell in my hands the other day. If there is any interest send me a mail. I can supply pictures.
: Ingo
Am interested ...do you have still and how much...Milobender@cs.com

Noten für Weihnachtslied Koppangen

Ich suche die Noten u. den Text für das Weihnachtslied "Koppangen", gesungen von Anne Sophie von Otter.Es gehört zu der CD "home for chrismas" Vielen Dank für die Hilfe

Re: Noten für Weihnachtslied Koppangen

Ich suche genau dieselben Noten. Ich geb die Suche aber nicht auf. Wenn Sie sie gefunden haben würde ich mich über einen Tipp sehr freuen. Ich sag auch direkt Bescheid, wenn ich sie gefunden habe. Vielen Dank und viel Glück!!

Unknown Acoustic

I have an old acoustic guitar that my dad got out of a Montgomery Ward catalog in '66-'67. It doesn't have any brand name on it. The head-stock looks like a Martin. The guitar sounds very well for a cheap catalog guitar. The is also a serial number that you can see through the sound hole, but I don't have it right now (can get it though) Any info on the brand or value would be appeciated. Thanks

Re: Unknown Acoustic

: I have an old acoustic guitar that my dad got out of a Montgomery Ward catalog in '66-'67. It doesn't have any brand name on it. The head-stock looks like a Martin. The guitar sounds very well for a cheap catalog guitar. The is also a serial number that you can see through the sound hole, but I don't have it right now (can get it though) Any info on the brand or value would be appeciated. Thanks

The serial number is kinda hard to make out, but it looks like- 68E16 Or it could be 69E16 the only letters that are real clear are the first 6 the E and the 1. the other numbers could be either 6,8,or 9

SOS

HELP ME PLEASE I NEED A MANUAL TO THE BOSS ME 30 EFFECTS PEDLE, SOME BODY PLEASE TELL ME WERE I CAN DOWNLOAD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: SOS

will this help?
http://www.lindroth.nu/PDF2/ME30.pdf#search='boss%20me30%20manual'

downloading free songs of kal ho na ho(title)

downloading free songs of kal ho na ho(title)

This popular thread has been given its own page : downloading free songs of kal ho na ho(title)

CONN C11 guitar question

Hello there.
Would anybody have any info on a CONN guitar model C-11, inside the sound hole, the id label is made out of what looks like brass, very nicely engraved. The label says, ser no. 11744618 Mod C-11, C. G. CONN LTD. OAKBROOK, ILLINOIS made in Japan. I bought it aprox. 22 years ago at a swap meet in Phoenix Az. it was used of course but very nicely kept. I paid $40.00. can anybody tell in what year it was made going by the s/n and also if it is worth anything. Thanks

yamaha pacifica 012

yamaha pacifica 012

This popular thread has been given its own page : yamaha pacifica 012

help

hey i fel really pathedic for asking this but here i go. i just started to play an Ibanez electric guitar. and its my first time playing an electric. there are 2 nobs and a switch on the body and i have no clue what they do. could someone help me. (after your all done laughing at my stupidity) please

Re: help

the switch will select the different pickups, if its a 3 way (clicks up and down in 3 stages) it will select the bridge pickup only (pickup nearest the rear of the guitar) in the middle position it will select both pickups together, and in the up position it will select the neck (front) pickup only, if you have 3 pickups, then the selection will be different and usualy goes, bridge on its own, bridge and middle, middle on its own, middle and neck, neck on its own, seeing as you only have 2 knobs im guessing you have 2 pickups, the knobs are simply a volumn and tone knobs.

Re: help

: now im going to sound really stupid. what is a pickup i dont now what you are talking about.

guitar straps

guitar straps

how do i attach my guitar strap?????????

new guitar

this is a really stupid question but i don't know how to attach my guitar strap onto my new guitar. how do i attach it? If any body can help please post a reply!
Thanks!!!!

Re: new guitar

you'll need to use a nailgun. once the stap is secure and the guitar is snug against your body, you'll want to apply duct tape anywhere you have body hair.

ok here we go, step one--
1- take the strap and put the hole in the end(if no hole is found, make one) on the pegs in the front and back of your guitar.
2. smack yourself for ever picking up a guitar and not knowing how to put on a strap

: this is a really stupid question but i don't know how to attach my guitar strap onto my new guitar. how do i attach it? If any body can help please post a reply!
: Thanks!!!!
Simply, take it to a guitar shop-store you trust, and they will install a front strap peg for about $5.00

LP VS SG

Tech heads only: Which is better and why SG or LesPaul. Go!

Re: LP VS SG

: Tech heads only: Which is better and why SG or LesPaul. Go!

Ooh, Jeff, you troublemaker. I vote for the Hondo, if played by David Gilmour.

: Tech heads only: Which is better and why SG or LesPaul. Go!

Ooh, Jeff, you troublemaker. I vote for the Hondo, if played by David Gilmour.

No way baby, the Danelectro of Jimmy Page!

Ive always been afraid of this question, im absolutley torn, i could never decide, never ever.

easy one. the SG is better because it has two pointy things and a les paul only has one.

: pointy things? what a retard! any way, les paul definantly it's got sweet humbuckers, a beutiful look AND sound, hands down the Les Paul

: pointy things? what a retard! any way, les paul definantly it's got sweet humbuckers, a beutiful look AND sound, hands down the Les Paul

The Screaming Guitars Of Ronnie Martin

I have one 8-track tape of "The Screaming Guitars Of Ronnie Martin"; but, I can not find out anything about the tape or the group. The pickers are superb. James Burton style.

Teaching You How to Electric Guitar ( Johor Bahru ) Malayais

Rock Guitar Techniques
Rock Guitar Scales
Rock Guitar Secrets

Email Me : jr663072@streamyx.com

Re: Teaching You How to Electric Guitar ( Johor Bahru ) Malayais

here's a rock guitar secret: they don't like you. your fingers smell funny.

Mengajar Anda Main Electric Guitar ( Johor Bahru ) Malaysia

Sesiapa yang ingin belajar main guitar electric boleh
hubungi saya.

Rock Guitar Technique
Rock Guitar Licks
Rock Guitar Secrets

Re: Mengajar Anda Main Electric Guitar ( Johor Bahru ) Malaysia

you like play big loud all time go!

what to ask for these guitars

I am wanting to sell 2 of my guitars but don't know what to ask for them. Anyone have an idea as to what they might be worth? One is a 1998 Martin D-1R and the other is a 1973 Epiphone FT-550. Both have cases and are in excellent condition. Thanks.

Re: what to ask for these guitars

Unless you absolutely have to sell them locally, you can't beat ebay. Take them to your local pawn shop and ask what they would give you for each separately. Don't pawn them! Take that amount they quote you and multiply it by five to 15 times. That is close to what they might sell them for. Take them to your local music store and do the same. The actual value depends on many things. How is the finish? How much were they new? Are they beat up? Do the frets have much wear? Generally speaking, if you take the original price (List Price) of the new item and divide by four, this is a good place to start. If the Epiphone is made in Kalamazoo, Mi, it could be worth some money. Look inside the sound hole; there should be a sicker telling the model and where it was made. If it says Japan, it is less valuable than Kalamazoo. If it says Korea, it's not worth much. As far as the Martin goes, If it is not mint condition, the divide by four rule would be a starting point.

WHO KNOWS ABOUT MY RECENTLY ACQUIRED MARTIN?

I have just recently acquired a beat up D-12-20 and I am not sure if it is worth having repaired. To start with and most notably, the pickguard is rolling up away from the body. This is no doubt due to moisture and heat. Besides that the aged yellowing finish is cracked in several places and is also a sort of matte or grainy finish where it used to be glossy. Please if anyone has an inkling of advice or information for me, e-mail me. Thanks.

Re: WHO KNOWS ABOUT MY RECENTLY ACQUIRED MARTIN?

you never said how it plays. you only seemed to be concerned with how it looks. so you must be a vain poser who only wants to accessorize with a guitar. you're probably in a boy band.

: you never said how it plays. you only seemed to be concerned with how it looks. so you must be a vain poser who only wants to accessorize with a guitar. you're probably in a boy band.

I had a D 12 20 once. It was a fine 12 string, although I like the Gretsch better, as 12 strings go. Any Martin is worth restoring. Go to the Martin website and look up a Martin repair facility near you. Have them evaluate it.

: I have just recently acquired a beat up D-12-20 and I am not sure if it is worth having repaired. To start with and most notably, the pickguard is rolling up away from the body. This is no doubt due to moisture and heat. Besides that the aged yellowing finish is cracked in several places and is also a sort of matte or grainy finish where it used to be glossy. Please if anyone has an inkling of advice or information for me, e-mail me. Thanks.
ANY Martin is worth saving. Go to the Martin website, find an authorized Martin repaair facility and seek their advice on restoration.

What are they worth?

Iam wanting to sell two of my guitars but I don't know what to ask for them. One is a 1998 Martin D-1R, and the other is a 1973 Epiphone FT-550. Both are in near mint condition, with the only thing wrong with them being marks on the pick guards. Anyone have any idea what they might be worth?

download song

rapture dhol for download

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.