Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: What guitar should I buy? please HELP!

:Ok so you have been playing for a year; what are you talking about a les paul? you can't handle a les paul it is the angel of guitars, it is something to be revered and worshipped, a mere mortal such as yourself should be happy to even say the word les paul!, I suggest that you get a nice strat-pack or a pawned guitar and amp, just make sure everything is in good condition before you buy it, and stay away from the no-name brands.

columbus guitars

Can anyone tell me anything about my Columbue guitar, i have had it for about 15years and have heard lots of different stories of where they were made etc? cheers.

Re: columbus guitars

never heard of columbue, but if you mean colombus then they are quite possibly one of the worse guitars made.

modding

ahoy, everyone. i am buying an electric guitar. i want to mod it... the mods i have in mind...

1. adding a Lyre style tremolo
(And here comes the hard one)
2. adding a 3rd pickup (humbucking pickup)

i need to know if this is possible to do this on an epiphone g310 guitar. and i need to know how. any help is appriciated. please email your replies. OR talk to me on MSN (flamer6667892053@hotmail.com).

if ANYONE has done this on ANY guitar... i need your input, or anybody's opinion. thanks.

Re: modding

My names mike and i have an epiphone bully SG, i sanded it down and painted it baby blue. Filled in the neck pickup and replaced the bridge one with a duncan invader. I wired the electronics myself and in my opinion it was super easy. Here is a helpful website i used to find wiring help. Other than wiring it correctly the only thing to worry about is cutting the right size hole for the pickup. Since your guitar has a pickguard, if you mess up you can just get another pickguard! I have no idea what the tremolo you are talking about is but the pickup part should be fairly easy for someone who knows a little about gutiars.

boss me50

hey, i recently purchased a boss me-50 effects pedal, its an awesome pedal, but after weeks of playing it, there is no input...

i've narrowed it down to being the input, do you guys no any way i cld fix this?
thanks.

Re: boss me50

i have an ME50 too, great pedal, do you mean your guitar input 1/4" jack plug is faulty? why not take it back under warranty??

Drum notes??

HeeY... Someone who can tell me where i can find free drum notes, the same way as finding guitar tabs???

Janus, 14 year, Denmark

Re: Drum notes??

i was wonerin if someone could tell me the same thing ive looked all over

:
acoustic drum

Re: Drum notes answer to all questions

you can find all the free notes you need for drums at
http://www.littlephil.free-online.co.uk/drumsother.htm

> David C Hulett 14 Syracuse NY

heeey iwould like to know where i could find drum notes the same way as a guitar tabs

: heeey iwould like to know where i could find drum notes the same way as a guitar tabs

: : heeey iwould like to know where i could find drum notes for billy talent

What kind of guitar strap do you like best?

I could really use some advice about what type of guitar strap I should buy.

I have only been playing for about 6 months and an starting to acquire some accessories for my new acoustic/electric dreadnaught with a cutaway.

My current challenge is to find the right strap so I can play comfortably standing up. Oh, and, if possible, if I could get something with a little coolness to it, that wouldn't hurt.

My budget is anywhere in the $15 - $75 range, but I had expected to pay somethere in the middle.

What kind of guitar strap do you like? Why? Are there any types you would advise against? Why?

I'm curious about material, thickness, width, color, style, anything you can tell me.

Thanks.

Re: What kind of guitar strap do you like best?

For acoustics i love the look of these straps, brown leather with a bit of a country feel - http://www.eldoradostraps.com/products-over.htm
The "world's best guitar strap" - http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/moody.html

I personally prefere the nylon-type ones, although they seen a bit rough and somewhat cheap, it gives a nice feeling and lets your shoulder breath =D I have a leather one (medium size, a bit thick) but never use it because it's thick and uncomfortable. Go to a local music store and try out all the straps until they kick you out = ) Hope this helps.

:I personally like the thik leather straps, there easier on your shoulder, you could get a nice one for about 50$

baldwin exterminator

ive got a baldwin exterminator. i havent been able to find anything about them and i have no clue how much its worth. i got it for free out of an old theatre, which was being remodeled. it works, but before i got it, somebody stole the speakers. also, it has shows some signs of use (tears in the fabric etc..). i have 3 questions. how much is it worth? can the speakers be replaced? and how good do they sound?
any information would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks.
-eric
you can email me at ericturner18@hotmail.com

AKRON,OHIO Band Seeks Guitarist

Akron, Ohio band, Last Free Radical, is looking for another guitarist.

Check us out at www.lastfreeradical.com

No shredders, please.

Thanks.

Re: AKRON,OHIO Band Seeks Guitarist

:
: Akron, Ohio band, Last Free Radical, is looking for another guitarist.

: Check us out at www.lastfreeradical.com

: No shredders, please.

: Thanks.

I saw your first posting, but have no reason to contact you directly. I recommend Bryant, from various bands in your area. I think he would fit in well. He's a team player, not like some of the hotshot solo guys in Columbus.

Columbus/Hondoll guitars

I have heard that Columbus guitars were made by the same people that made Hondoll guitars, and that they were a Jap copy from approx 35 years ago??? can anyone throw any light on this please?
Cheers then.

Re: Columbus/Hondoll guitars

the ones i remember from mid 70s were absolute rubbish, colombus and Hondo 2, good for firewood, doorstops or ashtrays, i cant think of a positive thing to say about them, sorry.

I quite like the fruit bowl idea? what can i do with the piano?????

you could arrange some flowers in it, plus maybe a nice fern flowing over the edge.

I was thinking of doing a water feature????

will the solid plywood body withstand such a project?
the colombus is after all one of the only true plywood bodied guitars with a hardboard cap. not recomended for outdoor or water feature use, dont tell Charlie Dimock.

I disagree. I have a Columbus acoustic that I purchased in 1978 which plays and sounds beautiful.

date of mexican tele

I would like to know what year my mexican tele was made? The serial number is MN 411616.
Thank you.
Barrie

Re: date of mexican tele

: I would like to know what year my mexican tele was made? The serial number is MN 411616.
: Thank you.
: Barrie

Either everyone was saving this question for my simple mind, or got held for moderator's approval. 1994. Thanks!

What model is my Seagull?

I am trying to sell my Seagull guitar but am unable to figure out the model. It's blank on the inside of the guitar where it says model but the serial number reads 94-322069 and there's a number on the back of the arm that reads ASE01A. What model is this?

Re: What model is my Seagull?

: I am trying to sell my Seagull guitar but am unable to figure out the model. It's blank on the inside of the guitar where it says model but the serial number reads 94-322069 and there's a number on the back of the arm that reads ASE01A. What model is this?

Probably one of the S6's; use "contact us" via www.godinguitars.com.

Re: What model is my Seagull?

: I am trying to sell my Seagull guitar but am unable to figure out the model. It's blank on the inside of the guitar where it says model but the serial number reads 94-322069 and there's a number on the back of the arm that reads ASE01A. What model is this?

Probably one of the S6's; use "contact us" via www.godinguitars.com.

guitar strap

please help me.. I got a guitar for christmas and I dont know how to put the strap on

Re: guitar strap

oh man, how do you guys not get this, no offense...you take the hole in the end of each strap and push it over the strap button
its that simple

: please help me.. I got a guitar for christmas and I dont know how to put the strap on

: oh man, how do you guys not get this, no offense...you take the hole in the end of each strap and push it over the strap button
: its that simple

:
: : please help me.. I got a guitar for christmas and I dont know how to put the strap on

This conversation made my day... If you can't put a strap on, then your gunna have a hell of a time playin' guitar.

: : oh man, how do you guys not get this, no offense...you take the hole in the end of each strap and push it over the strap button
: : its that simple
but I only have one button on my guitar, I don't get it, where am I suppose to put the other end of the strap? Help me.
: :
: : : please help me.. I got a guitar for christmas and I dont know how to put the strap on

: This conversation made my day... If you can't put a strap on, then your gunna have a hell of a time playin' guitar.

Active pickups hum

I have a jackson with active pickups and I get a slight buzz from them. Does anyone know how to silence this?

Re: Active pickups hum

: I have a jackson with active pickups and I get a slight buzz from them. Does anyone know how to silence this?

You said it in this subject. Active pickups hum. So, yeah, we all get a buzz off them. Nothing really to do but try this, take your axe to the git store and try out a bunch of expensive shielded cables (cords), see which one might reduce the problem, pay your $70 or so, and don't stand too close to the amp, any other power supply or fluorescent lamps.

Also, experiment with guitar & amp settings, like less volume output from guitar, more vol on amp, but you're pretty stuck with what you got, active pickups hum or go bzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Re: Active pickups hum

: I have a jackson with active pickups and I get a slight buzz from them. Does anyone know how to silence this?
There should be little to no hum with active PU's. As stated; a cheap-microphonic cable can contribute noise-after the PU. Weak Batteries, Guitar Grounding problems, and fluorescent lighting, Pedal loops, etc. are all major contributers to noise. Try a Conquest or Big Brute cable-through your Guitar and amp at a music store or turn off any fluorescent's. Output jack is also a common problem! Try another active Guitar through your amp.

Greenday Amp Settings

Greenday Amp Settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : Greenday Amp Settings

STAM is back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

get your scanned guitar tabs here and much more!!!!

stam.webhop.net

: get your scanned guitar tabs here and much more!!!!

Jazz guitarists

Anyone here know of any good non-conventional, smooth jazz guitarists? Something with an emotive and layered sound, perhaps?

I'm trying to find something to link the sounds of music like Fennesz, Can, and the smiths- and I think that would be the place to start.

Re: Jazz guitarists

Can and the Smiths sounding smooth Jazz? WTF? If you want unconventional smooth jazz check out Stanley Jordan. One or the other of us must not know what you are talking about.

hi

please send me lyrics of shagge,s song ANGLE

Songwriting

Hey, any songwriters out there that are willing to collaborate with me ? Prefer rock,country.

takamine n10

What is the going rate for a Takamine n10 acoustic and are they any good anyway.

Boss GT5 - changing pedal assignments

hey all, really hoping you can help me. Im trying top use a Boss GT5 and I wish to change the assigned effects on each of the number pedals. I have read and re read the instructions but im not having any luck. Does anyone have any idea how to do this or a link to any simpler instructions?!! thanks

hofner guitar

Hi i have just bought a hofner guitar at a boot sale paid &15.00 fot it,I want to give it to my grand son did i make a good purchase.inside the label say's senator brunette and serial number12270 and do you have any knowladge when it was made does have a bit of damage but plays well when i tuned it.
thanks
jim

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.