Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitars

i need to know the history of spanish guitars, where is came from and how it was invented etc. if you cant help please email me saing so...:)

guitars

i need to know the history of spanish guitars, where is came from and how it was invented etc. if you cant help please email me saing so...:)...party_bitch_69@hotmail.com

i want hindi film

Re: i want hindi film

here we go again

Stevie Ray Vaughn signed Fender Telecaster

Stevie Ray Vaughn signed Fender Telecaster

This popular thread has been given its own page : Stevie Ray Vaughn signed Fender Telecaster

Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp

I just purchased my first electric guitar amp. A Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp. Every time I plug the amp in, it starts to make this low humming noise and does not stop. Is that normal because it is a tube amp? Or is there something wrong? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp

: I just purchased my first electric guitar amp. A Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp. Every time I plug the amp in, it starts to make this low humming noise and does not stop. Is that normal because it is a tube amp? Or is there something wrong? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Here are two quotes directly from the notes of a renowned amp designer/engineer, copyright acknowledged.

1. "Bias is a negative voltage fed to the tubes. It makes them work right and sound right. If it is off - underbias (too little voltage) the tubes will glow red hot, the amp will hum and sound bad." On some amps, you can set the bias yourself.

But it is more likely this: 2. "Old amplifiers very rarely have had the bias filter capacitor replaced. If it is bad it sends a hum into the amp." Upgrade or replace.

Re: Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp

: : I just purchased my first electric guitar amp. A Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. Amp. Every time I plug the amp in, it starts to make this low humming noise and does not stop. Is that normal because it is a tube amp? Or is there something wrong? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

: Here are two quotes directly from the notes of a renowned amp designer/engineer, copyright acknowledged.

: 1. "Bias is a negative voltage fed to the tubes. It makes them work right and sound right. If it is off - underbias (too little voltage) the tubes will glow red hot, the amp will hum and sound bad." On some amps, you can set the bias yourself.

: But it is more likely this: 2. "Old amplifiers very rarely have had the bias filter capacitor replaced. If it is bad it sends a hum into the amp." Upgrade or replace.

In general, capacitors in the power supply are used to filter residual hum(ripple)from the DC voltage that the power supply provides to the tubes in the amp. The power supply takes the AC voltage from the wall outlet and converts or rectifies it into DC. Any ripple left in the DC from inedequate filtering is audible as hum. Over years, the inside of the capacitors dries out and they become ineffective. Any electronics shop can replace the filter caps. It should be a very inexpensive job (under $50) so if the shop starts quoting bigger numbers, go somewhere else!

Making a buck off of a tragedy, Dimebags Murder

I must confess that I have not heard any of his guitar licks, but I hear the man was phenomenal. I think that folks making money off trinkets, tickets, and his image after his murder are at best Ace holes. What about decency? He has a family, think of them. When you have to stoop to selling crap and making money from the death of others, you cease being a human being. Boycott the auctions. Save your money. Buy a cd instead. Thanks.

Re: Making a buck off of a tragedy, Dimebags Murder

As I heard some guitarshops raised the price for a washburn dimebag signature, just one day after he was murdered.....
when i'm right, you have to pay 70 $ more now... just because he was murdered... that's unhuman... they make money of a dead legend.... that's not fair....

Slayer

let me teel you a story;
sucking money out of half-warm corpses is called economy
economy rules the world, not your president
the only thing you can do is to not get involved with this decadence, allthough the working-man is powerless.

my respects to darryl an the rest of pantera

thanks for making some aspects of the world worth living (and yes i mean music)

rip

oh and it's "tell" not "teel"
srr

: making money from the death of others, you cease being a human being

How about the war on Iraq?

Thats the same.....

: : making money from the death of others, you cease being a human being

: How about the war on Iraq?

Are you asking how to enlist? Just WHAT does one have ANYTHING to do with the other?

These peaceniks enjoy THeIR freedom, but refuse to lift a finger to help anyone else obtain THEIR freedom.

A friend actually saw Dimebag's shot up shirt being sold on ebay. Now that is just so sick that someone would even dare to do a thing like that. Unbelievable.

Man, the guy was a legend.
I only started listening to his work seriously in the last few months. I used to think no guitarist could ever match Kirk Hammett, and i think its a shame no-one has heard of Dimebag, but i've shown all my mates and they're starting to worship the guy like i do so i think everyone should at least listen to Dimebag's work before jumping to false conclusions, coz i guarantee u won't be disappointed.

David Gilmour Vs. Jimmy Page,... Who wins

David Gilmour Vs. Jimmy Page,... Who wins

This popular thread has been given its own page : David Gilmour Vs. Jimmy Page,... Who wins

Jackson or Ibanez Floyd Rose?

What do you think is better? a jackson lic. Floyd Rose,
or an Ibanez Edge Pro Tremolo? I'M just wondering whats better for holding the tuning....

Slayer

Re: Jackson or Ibanez Floyd Rose?

Id say the original floyd is better than both, because that jackson floyd is a cheapo jap version and that ibanez machine, well, its an ibanez, thats it, original floyd all the wAY...LOW PROFILE TOO.

: What do you think is better? a jackson lic. Floyd Rose,
: or an Ibanez Edge Pro Tremolo? I'M just wondering whats better for holding the tuning....

: Slayer

Re: Jackson or Ibanez Floyd Rose?

The "edge" is used by Vai in JEM model... I'd say that choose Edge

: Id say the original floyd is better than both, because that jackson floyd is a cheapo jap version and that ibanez machine, well, its an ibanez, thats it, original floyd all the wAY...LOW PROFILE TOO.

: : What do you think is better? a jackson lic. Floyd Rose,
: : or an Ibanez Edge Pro Tremolo? I'M just wondering whats better for holding the tuning....

: : Slayer

I WANT TO LEARN BASE GUITAR

I LIKE COUNTRY . IS OR ARE THERE A SPECIAL STARTING POINT

Re: I WANT TO LEARN BASE GUITAR

Learn to spell, then take lessons. BASS

Jazz and Funky is the kind of direction id like to go. playing and reading music fluently also.

i want to learn how to play the guitar

Guitar bodies and wood for sale.

Hello,
I just wanted to let everyone know about BRT Guitars. We sell high quality bodies and wood supplies for guitars and basses at great prices. Take a minute to check us out. www.brtguitars.com

LESSONS

hey, I work in Malden, Massachusetts, wondering if anyone gives lessons near there (NOT BOSTON) also don't have a guitar right now either, but want to learn how to play

Epiphone Les Paul - Tuning problems

Epiphone Les Paul - Tuning problems

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone Les Paul - Tuning problems

My Guitar's Value

Hi. I have a 1960 Silvertone accoustic guitar. It has F-holes in the body, and it is in excellent condition. It's basically a sunburst color. Does anybody know how much this is worth? It's my grandfathers and it is very special to me. Thanks.

My Guitar's Value

Could you please give me the value for an "AUSTIN AG-310 or AG-910. We can't really see the numbers that good. I can't find a year on it anywhere. I believe it is form around 1983 or so.
Thanks Brian

amp settings

does anyone have the amp settings for jimmy page hendrix cobain skynyrd an dclapton. i have a avt 100 and i no this amp can make everyone of theese sounds but i just cant figure out how to get the sound. i n othat in total guitar like whil ago it had some of these settings
andrew

HELP I NEED BOSS CE-2 & DD-3 WIREING INFO

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I GOT A BOSS CE-2 & A DD3 FX PEDAL IM REPLACEING THE THE INPUT & OUT JACKS THAY AR BROKEN & MISSING I GOT NEW JACKS BUT DONT KNOW WHAT COLOR WIRE GOES WERE IF SOME ONE HAS THE SAME PEDAL THAY CAN TAKE THE BACK PLATE OFF & TELL ME WERE TO SOLDER THE WIRES WHAT COLORS GO TO WHAT JACK ? PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE REPLY TO HOMESTEADHURLEY@AOL.COM THANKS VERY MUCH !!!!!!

classical guiter

I want the names of some good classical guiters.

Thank you

Crate G130CXL Combo amp

Crate G130CXL  Combo amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crate G130CXL Combo amp

Information, History and Valuation of a Guitar

Information, History and Valuation of a Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Information, History and Valuation of a Guitar

NEW HENDRIX TAPES!

I found this, hope it's true. Wouldn't it be exciting if there were regular hendrix releases? Fecking wow! Hours of unheard footage!
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=20795

suzuki guitar

I was given a very old suzuki guitar for christmas and I'm just wondering it's value. It's a smaller acoustic guitar and the suzuki label on the inside does not state a model number, just says no. 5. Any ideas?

cheap guitars

duz anyone have a cheap guitar... like when i say cheap i mean like 20 dollars cheap... if you do how much you sellin for and give me pic. of each angle of the guitar.. ill tell you where to send it when you post a mess. saying you have some....

zac...........><>

Re: cheap guitars

im looking for a cheap quality guitar.. if i see wat i like i will buy straight away.. so send a pic and a estimated price and i will get back to you....

Josh..

Columbus guitars

Hi,
I have a Columbus lead guitar and want to know more about Columbus, who and where are they and what model is mine?????, can anybody help??????
Cheers

Re: Columbus guitars

Columbus wre without doubt one of the worst guitars ever made, all models are rubbish.
ive seen a few around in the mid 80's and the quality beggars belief.
I suppose you could use it as a doorstop, chisel out the inside, cut off the neck and use it as a large ashtray? maybe a fruit bowl? do they make plywood fruitbowls?

Re: Columbus guitars

: Hi,
: I have a Columbus guitar too...
i belive is from the late 60´s...
i don´t know nothing about it , but i have to tell that it has an amazing twang and i will put a bigsby on it next month...
i don´t belive the guitar is a shit,george harrison played a columbus once!!!!

SCORE

Ý NEED TAB/SCORE/JPG/TEF OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF SONGS(FARRUCA,TANGUILLO,RONDENA,,,) FROM CARLOS MONTOYA ...

Ý AM LOOKING FORWARDS TO HELP ABOUT IT

Band Seeks Guitarist Akron, Ohio

Akron, Ohio band, Last Free Radical, is looking for another guitarist.

Check us out at www.lastfreeradical.com

No shredders, please.

Thanks.

My guitar

If I send a picture of my Charvel Guitar, Could someone please tell some information on it. This Guitar has everybody stumped. Thank You.

Re: My guitar

: If I send a picture of my Charvel Guitar, Could someone please tell some information on it. This Guitar has everybody stumped. Thank You.

first off...what kind of guitar is it. and second what is the cereal number. and do you know how old it is...

Guitar tabs for bebeginners

Does enybody knows for the internet site where can I find all guitar tabs for the beginners? I just need to refresh my playing and I cant find them...

Re: Guitar tabs for bebeginners

You might try this one for starters! Keith :-)

http://www.guitaretab.com/top_tabs.html

Re: Guitar tabs for bebeginners

http://www.guitarsrule.com/tablature/

learn melody of guitar

please send to my email: tab of guitar melody

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.