Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2004

Archive for posts from December, 2004

ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: learn melody of guitar

i want to learn blues melody

shami kapoor songs+free+download

Pensa Suhr Guitar and Ampeg SS140C for sale.

Breaks my heart to get rid of this stuff, but I'm moving out of the country and need to sell them. Both are in Montreal. Email me if you have any interest. Thanks.

http://www.alainattal.com/furniture/guitar/index.html
http://www.alainattal.com/furniture/amp/index.html

Epiphone Amp Wiring diagram or circuit board

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram or scematic for an Epiphone Studio Bass 10 Amp? I could build a new board with the diagram, or I would buy a circuit board if someone has one or knows where to get one. Please email me at brandon-n-lisa@sbcglobal.net
Thanks for all of your help.

songs of hindhi film raaz

i want to hear songs of hindhi film raaz

Re: songs of hindhi film raaz

: i want to hear songs of hindhi film raaz

itna main chahoon tujhey koi kisi ko na chahye

kramer striker 2

whats the story on these old heavy metal guitars.this one is black w/ floyd rose, locking nut,one treble pickup, no tone control.i thought it was worth $1000 then i see them for high $200's new.this one is probably from the 1980's.i hear there is a place in vegas with nothing but these heavy metals on the wall.it would polish up nicely.any input is appreciated.is it a collectors item

Re: kramer striker 2

i think that they just never stood the test of time, nobody wants them, what was flavour of the month in the shredding days of 1983, is now seen as a bit of an embaressment, you can now buy Kramer on the internet, they are very cheap and seem to be very nice guitars.

kramer striker 2

whats the story on these old heavy metal guitars.this one is black w/ floyd rose, locking nut,one treble pickup, no tone control.i thought it was worth $1000 then i see them for high $200's new.this one is probably from the 1980's.i hear there is a place in vegas with nothing but these heavy metals on the wall.it would polish up nicely.any input is appreciated.is it a collectors item.it screams and has sustain you wouldnt believe

who made my guitar?

who made my guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : who made my guitar?

Dimebag

Not really THAT good was he? People who never listened to Pantera idly claiming that he was a good and that they love Pantera...Jeez man.

Re: Dimebag

He had his own signature guitar, held a few columns in the music mags, over the years ive read quite a bit on him, ive never been turn on by his kind of metal shredding but he certainly was very good indeed.

u guys r 4getting wot makes music wot it is, live performance. dimebag was a master of the stage, entertaining but still incredibly musical.

ive never been too keen on his style of music, nothing against metal, just never liked it much. im sure that there is a lot of music you close your ears to, i know Steve Vai is a very gifted player but i just cant listen to a single track of his, ive tried, and i just switch myself off after 60 secs and skip the track and so on. I know he isnt metal, but he is a shredding widdling 3 minute solo player. Ive been playing guitar for 26 years, and i play in a band and i maybe get a 4 bar solo in a song and i think thats enough, i like a good rock song with a few verses a couple of choruses and a solo in the middle, i listen to all types of music but metal does nothing for me, there are many metal players like dimebag, and im sure it wont take long for someone to step into his shoes.

for those who critisize pantera, please listen to cemetary gates (or walk). there's even a site where you can watch the video's (http://search.launch.yahoo.com/launch/search/?m=video&p=pantera). and an other thing. I like vai. He's just a solo guitarist,and like it or not he's good. Same goes for darryl. It all depends on liking mountain-cliff solo's (you get the idea)or not. please just listen to the music more than once and you'll see it's beauty

u fools. dimebag was a master. he had possibly the biggest stage presense for a lead in metal, especially considering the complexity of what he played. and for gods sake listen to the music, dont read the articles, thats wot its all about!

truetone 6 string guitars

I got one today its red,with black around 3 or 4 inces around the face,it looks old but all I see is Truetone,do you know where some info is on finding out a little about it,,,thanks for any help Thomas

newbie question

Hi

new to guitar just started learning some easy songs but on tabs

5 2
|_|

does the |_|shape mean you strum down and up and |_ means you just strum down? i don't get it!

someone explain please!

thanks

Re: newbie question

i dont understand what you are saying, down strokes are genraly the arrow pointing downwards and upwards the arrow up.

smashit.com

Hi my message is abuot indian song .
veer_zaara movie song /mey yaha hoo.

Kalamazoo Bass 30

Anybody know anything about this amp? I've found a '67 vintage in great shape, but is it considered a really cool vintage amp? I haven't heard it yet. Do they sound good?

Re: Kalamazoo Bass 30

Ive got a 1970 bass 30. it sounds great with guitar or bass. only problem is its not as loud as our drummer...

Anybody know anything about this amp? I've found a '67 vintage in great shape, but is it considered a really cool vintage amp? I haven't heard it yet. Do they sound good?

Saturn Guitar

Hi I have a Saturn guitar, Videocaster model 533 C165455 made in japan.It looks to be from sixtys or seventys any info on this. I looked all over the net but came up blank????? thanks.

Re: Saturn Guitar

i have one too.. looks pretty but the sound sucks...

Saturn Guitar

Hi I have a Saturn guitar, Videocaster model 533 serial # C165455 made in japan.It looks to be from sixtys or seventys any info on this. I looked all over the net but came up blank????? thanks.

licensed floy rose springs

licensed floy rose springs

This popular thread has been given its own page : licensed floy rose springs

G&L Broadcaster

Looking for G&L Broadcaster in great condition. Contact me at thefundudes@aol.com

Re: G&L Broadcaster

That is an awsome guitar, that whole G&L range is something very special, they incorerate a lot of p90 style fat single coil pick ups, strange colours, odd shapes, a little innovative but still with a classic distintive sound. i hope you get the guitar you are after.

Framus 12 string Acoustic

Hi, i have an old Framus 12 string acoustic. Serial no 11464. Tobacco sunburst with metal tailpiece and adjustable bridge. 100% original in fine conditionwith a superb sound. Can you advise on age and value of guitar. Regards..Phil.

value of Aria model no. 6040

Hello, does anybody here have an idea as to the value of an old Aria acoustic model 6040? In excellent cond.
I would appreciate anyones help on this.

Thanks

Martin D25K

I have a Martin D25K that I bought new in 1976. Does anybody have any idea what it might be worth?

G-707 Blueprints

I need to find the blueprints for the roland g-707. To be more specific, I need the internal prints, in order to repair an re-connect it. If anyone out there has some or knows where some are PLEASE e-mail me at nicolaswills@hotmail.com

finally....

got my first guitar its a 30yr old Aims LP copy Black Beauty knock-off w/maple neck and black inlays & gold hardware. I haven't even played it yet, however I noticed something rattling around inside so I carefully removed the bigger plate/cover on the back and a 1 inch spring fell out (like that of a fountain pen, only bigger). Now Im afraid to play it. Any idea where that spring should go or whats it for? I will be sending this to local guitar pros for a setup.

I will post pics of my lovely LP soon (for your viewing pleasure ;-)

Re: finally....

Most likely it's a pickup adjustment spring. These springs go around the screw that attaches the pickup to the pickup ring. Take the pickups out to check & if one is missing, simply replace it.

Re: finally....

you are correct - I have the spring its the screw I need. Hopefully my local shop has something as the hardware stores don't.

framus guitar white 1970's

I am currently looking for value of my jan akerman white framus that I purchased new in 1974 it is in very good condition.I have the serial number and signature of craftsman

can anyone offer any advice?

hi people. im playing a samick guitar. its a total fake of a fender strat. i need to make it sound better, so im saving up abit to get new pickups,(some seymore duncans if possible), an emg 81 in the bridge and im gonna change the gauge of the strings i use too. what else can i use to make the sound of the guitar more mellow and warm? it sounds stingy and awful right now.

and i need a new amp. any reccomendations on what amp i should get? i like the distorted but warm and mellow sound.

any advice would be much appreceated! please email me at zokes_@hotmail.com with your answers. god bless everyone who plays the guitar. thanks!

Re: can anyone offer any advice?

: hi people. im playing a samick guitar. its a total fake of a fender strat. i need to make it sound better, so im saving up abit to get new pickups,(some seymore duncans if possible), an emg 81 in the bridge and im gonna change the gauge of the strings i use too. what else can i use to make the sound of the guitar more mellow and warm? it sounds stingy and awful right now.

: and i need a new amp. any reccomendations on what amp i should get? i like the distorted but warm and mellow sound.

: any advice would be much appreceated! please email me at zokes_@hotmail.com with your answers. god bless everyone who plays the guitar. thanks!

Hey Nicholas! My friends and I have lived on Samick Strats and Teles, including Valley Arts Customs. Every time we modify one, somebody buys it out from under us. They're not for sale, but it's our pleasure to give somebody else real tone & playability.

We love Seymour Duncan, but do you really want to spend that much? One of our pickup makers is Ben at www.truetonetechnologies.com. He'll set you up for a fraction of the price. We pay $80 - 90 US for all 3 pups.

About strings. All kinds of opinions there. We don't play with many, or mince words. We are bent on 10 - 46's for Strats. Try D'Addario's for value, Fender Bullet Nickel Brights if you're a trem user, Ernie Ball Slinkys if you're a bender, and Elixir Poywebs if you're smart.

Samick is the largest guitar manufacturer in the World. But they hide behind different names. If you got a good one, keep it, and give 'er all you got!

This is long already, but don't do the EMG thing. One active pickup with a 9 volt battery and a special jack? I've done it and it didn't really make sense. Order a hot bridge.

Amps. We took a vote. Warm to so explosive it'll fry your brains ... a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or DeVille.

LOOKING FOR 12/4 DOUBLENECK

Hi guys. I am desperately in search of a 12-string/bass doubleneck for a Piladelphia area Genesis Tribute band. Carvin and Rickenbacker made nice models in the late '70s & early '80s. Either would be fine. Thanks!

any expert in guitars

I have a 6 year old who would like to learn to play a guitar, I have a choice of buying both second hand, a 4 KAY 265 (2 years old)and Hohner MC03 (1 year old, which would be the better make and also easy for a beginner?

Re: any expert in guitars

i dont know what those models are, but you need a 3/4 size nylon strung guitar, or a classical sometimes called spanish guitar, nylon strings are easier on the fingers, the 3/4 size body will be easier to use than a full body size, and the classical guitars have wider spacing between the strings. if those 2 models you have said have 6 steel strings then i would advise against them.

: i dont know what those models are, but you need a 3/4 size nylon strung guitar, or a classical sometimes called spanish guitar, nylon strings are easier on the fingers, the 3/4 size body will be easier to use than a full body size, and the classical guitars have wider spacing between the strings. if those 2 models you have said have 6 steel strings then i would advise against them.

Margaret, listen to Lee, and further, perhaps he can suggest an actual brand name and price of a 3/4 size, nylon strung guitar in the UK.

I personally know 6, 7 and 8 year olds, about 50 children in all. You must have the smaller bodied, and a shorter scaled guitar. I consult with them at music, utilizing all instruments, and in sports.

Also, excuse me for venting, but there are volumes of material by experts published on the internet, thousands of words talking about posture, left hand, right hand positions, muscles and tendons, all the way down to the little pinkie, and most guitarists don't know that. So, I was aggravated lately, trying to explain something similar. IN YOUR CASE, the size and type of guitar is important to make the child physically comfortable, as well as anatomically able to play.

good advice on posturing, take a look at yamaha, they are not the cheapest or the best qulality, but they do make good student guitars, take a look at this web site, and look at the school guitar section.
http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/uk/10_musical_instruments/30_guitars_basses_amps/20_acoustic_guitars_classic/10_acoustic_guitars_classic/index.html

Gallotone Champion

Gallotone Champion

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gallotone Champion

Identifying Ibanez SR guitars?

How do you figure out which model guitar an SR is? If I recall, when I bought it in the early '90's it was a "1300 or 1305". It was a floor model and the guy had forgotten. It sounded good so I bought it. The serial number is F311128 made in Japan.

What's up with Ibanez not MARKING their models?

guitar

yr i want to be a guitarist

Re: guitar

: yr i want to be a guitarist

Okay, its Christmas! Your wish is granted.

want to perform

Helo
With an ardent desire to perform in your Classical Guitar Festival, I am to intro-duce myself to you as a Classical Guitar player from India. For my Bio-Data and other characteristics, I wish to request you to visit my Web Site www.classicalguitar-veena.com

I have done unparallel researches in the Classical Music field along with modification works of my own in the instrument too. This is my achievement and I boast no other Guitarist has covered so far. The valued adornments are proof of my achievements for the various performances by me in India.

However, I want to make it clear that I have the ardent desire to perform before your audience through this Festival and not to seek a remuneration but simply to place my originality in the field. You have but to bear the expenses for the travel cum return journey for myself with troupe (accompanying artists) and boarding and lodging there. My performance shall decide my remuneration which shall be to your benevolent judgment.

Thanking you in anticipation of your confirmatory message in this regard, I am,

Yours truly,
Thakur Chakrapani Singh

Re: want to perform

: Helo
: With an ardent desire to perform in your Classical Guitar Festival, I am to intro-duce myself to you as a Classical Guitar player from India. For my Bio-Data and other characteristics, I wish to request you to visit my Web Site www.classicalguitar-veena.com

: I have done unparallel researches in the Classical Music field along with modification works of my own in the instrument too. This is my achievement and I boast no other Guitarist has covered so far. The valued adornments are proof of my achievements for the various performances by me in India.
:
: However, I want to make it clear that I have the ardent desire to perform before your audience through this Festival and not to seek a remuneration but simply to place my originality in the field. You have but to bear the expenses for the travel cum return journey for myself with troupe (accompanying artists) and boarding and lodging there. My performance shall decide my remuneration which shall be to your benevolent judgment.

: Thanking you in anticipation of your confirmatory message in this regard, I am,

: Yours truly,
: Thakur Chakrapani Singh

Festival rules are clear, all participants must provide the cost of registration, and bear all other expenses. But a good cultural organization might help? I don't know.

I suggest you consider opening for a bigger act. It will cover costs for some of your troupe, only essential staff, and they will have to work alongside the regulars. By the way, there is no pay. But you may enjoy some of the backstage parties, and of course there is some food, but not much. Think about it. No ceremonial daggers or weapons of any kind. In the meantime, have a happy holiday, and keep practicing!!!

Re: want to perform

: Helo
: With an ardent desire to perform in your Classical Guitar Festival, I am to intro-duce myself to you as a Classical Guitar player from India. For my Bio-Data and other characteristics, I wish to request you to visit my Web Site www.classicalguitar-veena.com

: I have done unparallel researches in the Classical Music field along with modification works of my own in the instrument too. This is my achievement and I boast no other Guitarist has covered so far. The valued adornments are proof of my achievements for the various performances by me in India.
:
: However, I want to make it clear that I have the ardent desire to perform before your audience through this Festival and not to seek a remuneration but simply to place my originality in the field. You have but to bear the expenses for the travel cum return journey for myself with troupe (accompanying artists) and boarding and lodging there. My performance shall decide my remuneration which shall be to your benevolent judgment.

: Thanking you in anticipation of your confirmatory message in this regard, I am,

: Yours truly,
: Thakur Chakrapani Singh

You will get these 3 wishes. Practice, practice, practice.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.