Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2005

Archive for posts from January, 2005

ArchiveDecember 2004 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

WANTED: Washburn Dime 333 DimeSlime

Washburn Dime 333 DimeSlime

This popular thread has been given its own page : WANTED: Washburn Dime 333 DimeSlime

Epiphone Guitar

Hi,
I am looking for information such as the date of manufacture and price for an Epiphone guitar serial # I03043322. It is an ES 335 style thin hollowbody with two gold plated humbuckers, tuning keys and bridge.
Inside it says "sunburnt spot VS" or "sunburst spot VS"
Thanks Ed

vintage univox bass

i have an all white univox 20 fret shortneck bass. It has ivory pickups(2) ,volume and tone knobs, and a toggle switch and the serial number is015460. It is in good shape and I want to know its actual worth. I bought it off some girl I know for 50 dollars. She claims it to be really old as it was her fathers. Did I get ripped off or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

All guitar forum

Do wanna be a moderator of this forum???
www.darjeeling.co.nr click here for details

ESP STRAT 400 SERIES

ESP STRAT 400 SERIES

This popular thread has been given its own page : ESP STRAT 400 SERIES

Crate GT212 Settings

Hey, can anyone email me with some settings you've seen or use yourself on the gt212. I have been using the solo channel to get a great heavy metal sound, but what do you have the low,mids,and highs set on and also what do you have the shape set on? Thanks a lot, and hopefully someone on here can email me with some info. it is jons32@hotmail.com

Admira Avila A17

My dad's dad past away and left me this guitar, I did some checking on the net to find out that it's made by Admira, because all the neck says is Avila and the inside says Avila A17 but I can't find ANYTHING on this spacific model. Any help would be greatly welcomed.

Thank You
Chase Wright
MysticRyuujin@hotmail.com

tremolo bar

When I was screwing the tremolo bar on my guitar and the bottom piece broke off and is still in there. How could I get it out, is there a way?

Re: tremolo bar

if it's a strat-type or floyd rose type trem, probably not. sorry :(

if it's some other type of trem, i don't know.
sorry :(

Re: tremolo bar

hey you guys
i'm a real beginner in guitar
what does the tremolo bar do exactly?
can you PLEASE email me at shreha@gmail.com and tell me wht the tremolo bar does

THANKS!!

-shreha

Daytona

I just rolled into town & I'm looking for a gig ... I'm a shaken & stirred mix of Thunders, Page, Perry, & Richards... This town is low on the culture tip ...So, help me out ...

Re: Daytona

: I just rolled into town & I'm looking for a gig ... I'm a shaken & stirred mix of Thunders, Page, Perry, & Richards... This town is low on the culture tip ...So, help me out ...

Then don't stick around. Try Jacksonville to the north, they'll welcome you there. Daytona will be live & kickin' again during Speed Week, beginning of Feb.

saya nak kod lagu hati emas

boleh aband hensem

Help with guitar

I have been playing for a while and i have started bands and played with other people. I play lead guitar and really it does not even seem like i am getting anywhere. I listen to my favorite artists and try to learn their stuff but like it seems like im stuck. I need some advice of what i should do. I play heavy metal, blues stuff, and like 80's type metal (scorpians and van halen).

Re: Help with guitar

Find a teacher who knows music theory from him. Learn it and make yourself keen on applying it.

Help with guitar

I have been playing for a while and i have started bands and played with other people. I play lead guitar and really it does not even seem like i am getting anywhere. I listen to my favorite artists and try to learn their stuff but like it seems like im stuck. I need some advice of what i should do. I play heavy metal, blues stuff, and like 80's type metal (scorpians and van halen).

Re: Help with guitar

Stop trying man, just have fun...or if you're really pissed off about it...write a song about it...I mean to say, are you a poser, or are you a guitarist? whatever you can do you need to be proud of and make work for you. Have something more to express besides tribute.

Ovation B768 Elite acoustic bass

I have the Ovation B768 Elite deep-back acoustic bass guitar it pristine condition and I was wondering how much it is worth. I never play it anymore and am interested in selling it.

Fender Telecaster [Help with identification]

I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc.
I doubt I'd sell it [it's a lovely sounding sunburst] but I'd like to know a bit more about it.
Serial number: N3934529

wiring diagrams

help!! i need a couple of wiring diagrams

1 humbucker & 1 single coil to 3-way toggle switch & 1 volume control.

1 humbucker & 1 volume control.

thanking you all in advance..........

Re: wiring diagrams

try here :
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/skgs/sk/wiring.htm

: try guitarnucleus.com -peace

: help!! i need a couple of wiring diagrams

: 1 humbucker & 1 single coil to 3-way toggle switch & 1 volume control.

: 1 humbucker & 1 volume control.

: thanking you all in advance..........

if this a fender setup try mrgearhead.com if not try seymourduncan.com or just type your pickup config into google, chances are five dozen people have taken the time to document such an incident and took the time to load it into the internet

Aria Pan - HELP

I know quite a bit about these guitars, but one little problem.... the Aria Pan Hollowbody Electric I have is supposedly from 1982, but I can't find a model or serial number anywhere. I have pictures if anyone might have some insight.

1960's Stewart Hollowbody Guitar - HELP

This beauty looks like Paul McCartney's famous Bass Guitar. Missing strings and a bridge, but still in great condition. It has "Stewart" on it's peghead, but no numbers except for something in red writing(might be AZT or 2 or something) on the inside where the neck and body join. I have pics and really need help. I've emailed Stewart and S S Stewart - noone seems to know anything. It's all original from the early to mid 1960's as I was told by a local expert by the way.

SADE

Please help me for the Tab of sweetest taboo and in particular the intro very groove
Thanks a lot for your help
GG

Can anyone help me with my Digitech RP-6?

hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can't find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Re: Can anyone help me with my Digitech RP-6?

: hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can't find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Re: Can anyone help me with my Digitech RP-6?

I have an rp-6. I assume you got yours used and didn't get a manual. Send me an email and I'll help you through it.
Andy

: : hi!ive just bought the digitech rp-6 and can't find the way to store the 4 sounds i like in the 4 main footswitches,can anyone help me or tell me how to do it?thanks.

Need set-up technician for Rickenbacker 360-12

Am looking for someone familiar with the set-up of Rick 360-12s in the Bay Area. Bought a 12-string bridge and had it set-up by music shop in area and got boned. Who's good?

Re: Need set-up technician for Rickenbacker 360-12

that Rickenbacker has a twin truss rod , quite tricky to try on your own, i can see why you want a recomended tech.

good luck with it.

i have the 360V64-6, in fireglow, its a work of art.

vox starstream

hi, i have a starstream i bought with the pick ups removed. does anyone have a picture of the circuit board, or a diagram. not sure where the pick ups go on it.

Almost Mint EMG-SA pickup set for sale!

I got this EMG-SA pickup set about a month ago and baught them for $200 but i will be selling them for $150-160. Which is a great deal! Email me if your interested!

Del Built Lap Steel Guitar

I am look for a Del Built Steel Guitar.
My uncle Del Dickerson built these guitars in the early 50's in Souther California.

Re: Del Built Lap Steel Guitar

: I am look for a Del Built Steel Guitar.
: My uncle Del Dickerson built these guitars in the early 50's in Souther California.

Thanks to Carter Steel Guitar Manufacturers, you may visit www.steelguitar.com ... go to reference guide and resources, links to forums, everything, everywhere.

Question about alternative guitar tunings

Question: Starting in a standard tuning on six string and then drop the G to F# and the B to A#. What the heck is this tuning? Also, on my twelve sting Guild I have tuned the steel G sting to a D and the wound G stays as is. This brings out a very spacious voicing and is easy to play most of what you already know, i.e. chords....What is this tuning? Thanks for the help, INTHESHED/KEVIN

Re: Question about alternative guitar tunings

E A D F# A# E ? that's an open E9b5sus4
or an open A(b9)sus4/E, or an open D(aug)sus4add9, etc. etc. etc. F#7aug(#9), etc. what ever else you want too.

on 12 string- Ee Aa Dd Gd Bb Ee that's just a fifth you've tuned those two to.

new strings

I was wondering if new strings sound better than old ones

does it apply to all types of strings

how often between changes

Re: new strings

: I was wondering if new strings sound better than old ones

: does it apply to all types of strings

: how often between changes
New strings are a must but that being said, older strings are used by many because of the sound or tone the player is looking for, like changing all the string but for the G. Rule of thumb is that your strings should be changed once a month, and some players change them out everytime they play. It is up to you to find your sound. Old strings will lose their tone to the point where it is impossible to even tune them. I have been playing guitar for 40 years and I can hear and feel when they need to be changed out.*** What guitar do you have and what brand and gauge of strings are you using???...Peace, INTHESHED

Chord

hello,

I'm looking for chords (tabs) of Try ya Love from Third world

can any body help me here?

thanks

Re: Chord

Google the song for tabs, or you can download a program called Guitar Pro 3 (or 4) which is a tabbing program that can open files for tabs of songs that can be taken from www.mysongbook.com. The program can either be downloaded from Kazaa or by googling. Hope this helps.

"Expression pedal" ?

Hello. I am searching a pedal to put between a multi-effect (TC Electronic), and my electro-guitar (Ibanez), that allow me to give progressively, as I want, effect to the acoustic sound.
I don't know exactly what king of pedal exists for that kind of thing. I saw there were "expression pedals", but it seems to be "wha wha" one. Moreover it seems that this kind of pedal works with some brands, and not with others..

Thanks a lot for your help on this
:-)

Re: "Expression pedal" ?

: Hello. I am searching a pedal to put between a multi-effect (TC Electronic), and my electro-guitar (Ibanez), that allow me to give progressively, as I want, effect to the acoustic sound.
: I don't know exactly what king of pedal exists for that kind of thing. I saw there were "expression pedals", but it seems to be "wha wha" one. Moreover it seems that this kind of pedal works with some brands, and not with others..

: Thanks a lot for your help on this
: :-)

I don't think that has ever been done before. What you'll need are 2 AB-Y boxes, DOD or Morley. Then you put one from your guitar to the multi-effect and ahead of your Acoustic Simulator, with the Jim Dunlop Wah-style volume pedal after the Acoustic Simulator, on the output side. Turn level of the Acoustic Simulator all the way up, and regulate or pan in with the vol pedal. Plug the vol pedal output and multi-effect output into the second AB-Y, which plugs directly into your amp. You should only have to step on the first AB-Y, then the volume pedal to get the control you want.

takamine gx 100

i recieved a takamine gx 100 from a friend of my parents, and have no idea how much it is worth, it plays fantastic and its tone is very versitile. i heard they were made by ibanez in the early 80's. can anyone tell me anything else.

plz help me

i want guitar notes based on hindi songs.plz help me out. i m a beginer.

Re: plz help me

: i want guitar notes based on hindi songs.plz help me out. i m a beginer.

This doesn't help much, but try googling it up for guitar pro (program tabbing program, can be downloaded off Kazaa or ordered from site).

ovation magnum neck pickup

Hello, i am looking for an ovation magnum neck pickup or a magnum with a good neck pickup for parts. anyone know of one or have one for sale???

much appreciation,
max

takamine solid body electric

can someone tell me about my takamine gx 100 electric

home study guitar courses

Has any one made a study of the hundreds of home study
guitar guides and rated such by the results they accomplish?

thank you

Don

Re: home study guitar courses

I have one called.."Play Electric Guitar' I think, its pretty good, it teaches almost everything, and it goes in steps, you do a lesson each week for 12 weeks, and you also learn about set ups and pedals and amps and bottle necking and a whole bunch of other teachniques, it also comes with a cd rom, a pick, and a poster with all the chords on it, and stickers to mark the fingerplacements of which chords your working on, it even has stuff about writing songs.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.