Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2005

Archive for posts from January, 2005

ArchiveDecember 2004 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

BOSS ME-50 help

I just bought a used ME-50 and it doesn't have the owners manual. I need a turbostart or something so if anyone has a link or can e-mail me anything please do.

Re: BOSS ME-50 help

You can download the manual at www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/ME-50

My Warlock..

Does anyone have any idea how old my guitar is? The serial number is 12295. Its a platinum series. I'd appreciate it if anyone who actually knows their stuff, could help me out. Thanks.

Re: My Warlock..

95 model... trevor

: Does anyone have any idea how old my guitar is? The serial number is 12295. Its a platinum series. I'd appreciate it if anyone who actually knows their stuff, could help me out. Thanks.

Really? that kind of sucks. Oh well, I got it for free, its pretty ugly though, and it needs a lot of work, but I'm poor until I finally get a job.

Are you interested in selling it?
if so please email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com or reply in here. thanks trevor

:
: Really? that kind of sucks. Oh well, I got it for free, its pretty ugly though, and it needs a lot of work, but I'm poor until I finally get a job.

update my guitar pro 4

Ik krijg veel te zien op mijn scherm van guitar pro 4
als ik tabs wil dowlouden,dat ik mijn programma moet
updaten.Maar hoe moet dat?

gutair

where can i go to a place around me to learn how to play the ele. gutair?

Re: gutair

: look in the phone book for places

CHARVEL SERIAL NUMBER

I HAVE A 21 FRET CHARVEL GUITAR WITH FLAMES 2 PICKUPS AND IS A SHORT BODY 1 TONE AND 1 VOLUME KNOB SERIAL NUMBER 1350 OVERALL 35''

info???????

I've inherited this guitar from a cousin thats been dead for 34 years i need info anyone who can help
thanks

Re: info???????

how about a bit more info??

Guitar Journal

Guitar Journal - Eva Fampas' Newsletter. An online guitar magazine. In this issue all about the new concertos for guitar and orchestra dedicated to Eva by Yiu-kwong Chung and Andersen Viana.
read at: http://www.evafampas.gr/guitarjournal.html

New York Music stores

anyone know of any good ones?? will be visiting new york in late january, want to see if i can pick up a good SG, are there any good shops in greenwich village?

Re: New York Music stores

: anyone know of any good ones?? will be visiting new york in late january, want to see if i can pick up a good SG, are there any good shops in greenwich village?

Sam Ash (all new stuff), Manny's (World respected, shopped by Hendrix) and Rudy's, all on 48th Street. Gruhn's is on Staten Island by ferry, also home to DiMarzio and many of our friends. Be sure to see Les Paul in person at the Iridium on Monday night if he is well enough to be there. Bring a Les Paul pickguard for his signature or autograph. Good luck Lee.

Lee, I hear you're one of the best. A man of your distinction must go to Manny's. See www.mannysmusic.com and you'll know what the bird says is true. Have a look see ABOUT US, Manny's History. Mick & Brian bought the fuzz box used on Satisfaction in 1965 at Manny's. Mick & Keef continue to visit. Jimi bought 6 guitars and 2 amps. John Entwistle ordered 5 Thunderbird basses he could not find in the UK. The list goes on. Some customers are still alive, Manny's never killed nobody! Enjoy a piece of the worlds music history. Have a blast and don't forget to introduce yourself to Les Paul at the Iridium Monday night ..... why not get up and jam a little with him as well? We all hope you have the time of your life, you're a good bloke. This crazy forum needs more people like you. Tell us all about it! Cheers!

thanks to you and guitar girl for the great advice, i take it everything is on 48th street? is that close to central park south which is where we are staying, Manny's looks like a must see, ive been after another SG, but one with the tailpeice like Angus's, im trying to persuade my wife that it will enhance our lives by owning one!
any advice on the best way to do this will be much appreciated, also any places that play a bit of live rock music? not too far away from new york centre, (ive seen the film 'the warriors' and i know what happens if you fall asleep on the train and end up in coney island!)

: thanks to you and guitar girl for the great advice, i take it everything is on 48th street? is that close to central park south which is where we are staying, Manny's looks like a must see, ive been after another SG, but one with the tailpeice like Angus's, im trying to persuade my wife that it will enhance our lives by owning one!
: any advice on the best way to do this will be much appreciated, also any places that play a bit of live rock music? not too far away from new york centre, (ive seen the film 'the warriors' and i know what happens if you fall asleep on the train and end up in coney island!)

Lee, I never really know where I am on a map or in most cities. Don't know much about smaller clubs in NYC which seat up to 2500 people. The city was not built on rock n Roll, for damn sure! Think stock market & sports, and next to that, culture and politics. The friggin' clubs are dance, DJ, techno-pop, cyber games, boy meets boy, girl meets girl, classical, jazz & Spanish, Asian, Asian, Asian or members only. Not your atmosphere for a Rock Show! Prices to blow your mind! Menus that make no sense. Like bamboo salad man! The Red Lion has a house band serving up classic rock every Wednesday. It is not in your area, on Bleecker St. Eveything is off Broadway - that don't mean a thing. Goes on & on forever. Ask at your hotel about the area. No guarantee they would set you straight. There should be computers for you to search in the lobbies. The music stores will know better about entertainment. Telephone Gruhn's for advice on the Lyre equipped SG's. And Mandolin Bros. are surprisingly decent, considering how famous they are. Manny's is cool, and I was going to say don't bother with Sam Ash but Ash is good, clean, modern, huge, professional, the fast food place for guitars. The town is just too big and full of concrete and glass. Hope you find what you're looking for at Manny's, oh yeah call the Hard Rock Cafe just to see if they have a show. Happy trippin'.

yamaha sbg200

i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it's early 80's but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info

Re: yamaha sbg200

: i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it's early 80's but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info
:

I have a couple of early 80's yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I'm pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB

: : i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it's early 80's but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info
: :

: I have a couple of early 80's yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I'm pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB

Sorry, it's the 82 catalog that has the SBG series. Yamaha and their series designations, how confusing. SB

: i have a yamaha sbg200, cream colored with two humbuckers sg shaped, i know it's early 80's but thats about it, it plays awesome though. any info
:

I have a couple of early 80's yamaha catalogs posted on my website VintAxe.com. I'm pretty sure the 84 has info on the SGB2000. SB

BLACK EBONY SUPER AXE

BLACK EBONY SUPER AXE

This popular thread has been given its own page : BLACK EBONY SUPER AXE

tube pedles

which one is the best

Re: tube pedles

: which one is the best

There are 2 types of tube pedal effects. One is the tube amp simulator, and that would be the SANSAMP GT2 emulating the sound of Fender, Marshall, and Mesa Boogie amps. The other gives the simulated combination of heat saturated tubes and preamp making distortion or overdrive: Ibanez TS7 and TS9. I use both and boy does that kick 'em in the nuts!

also there is a tube driven overdrive pedal such as the Messa Boogie, hardly worth mentioning since it costs more than many tube starter amps.

: also there is a tube driven overdrive pedal such as the Messa Boogie, hardly worth mentioning since it costs more than many tube starter amps.

There are also those made by electro-harmonix www.ehx.com such as hot tubes, black finger and a few more, I believe eh's tube pedals are tube driven but, have seen them hear and there online for much less than what the likes of musicians friend/guitar center, music123/woodwind& brasswood or bananas sell them on sale for. They seen good and hold up well the tubes are easy to come by. find something for little and try it if a store doesn't have a demo unit.

BLACK EBONY GRETSCH SUPER AXE

BLACK EBONY GRETSCH SUPER AXE

This popular thread has been given its own page : BLACK EBONY GRETSCH SUPER AXE

aight

look if u wanna get ddown wit my rap click email me some thin and ill get back 2 u

MC5

Any thoughts on Wayne Kramer and Fred Sonic Smith's guitar playing in the MC5?

Id like to hear some opinions!

John.

BC RICH

looking for bc rich guitar parts, or parts guitar, if anybody has any that theyde like to sell or give to me, thatd be great to finish my project. thanks for the help. Trevor

high a

i have high strings .005, where do you get your high a strings?

Re: high a

ive never heard of strings that light before, i know Tony Iommi plays some very light strings but i dont think they are anything like 5's.

How much for a Wilson Rapier 33 electric guitar

Does anyone know how much a second hand a Wilson Rapier 33 electric guitar is worth

GIbson SG pickguards

Hello,

does any one know where, preferably in the UK, where I can get a cream or white pickguard for my Gibson SG standard? Thanks.

Re: GIbson SG pickguards

make sure you choose the right shape, there some different types. WD music have millions of them.
http://wdmusicproducts.co.uk/

Wanna play like "Steve vai"!!! here,s how......

Sharpen the Fourth note.

Re: Wanna play like "Steve vai"!!! here,s how......

or flatten the 5th.

Fender. Mesa Boogie, Boss on sale

I own a black Fender Japan vintage '57 (bought 1988) absolutely perfect, a Mesa Boogie Studio 22 watt (bought 1988) almost perfect, ad a multiple effects Boss ME-5 very good, I'm going to sell it 'cause not utilized. Marco

String buzz on Ibanez

String buzz on Ibanez

This popular thread has been given its own page : String buzz on Ibanez

moderator required

hi all, log onto www.darjeeling.co.nr and be a moderator of this forum...

Re: moderator required

maybe some should mail dwight stratman, he will be able to moderate himself!!

: maybe some should mail dwight stratman, he will be able to moderate himself!!

Excellent post, have read those words lately. How true, it would take his discipline and self control, notwithstanding experience. But moderating is a difficult task, as we are told. I would think the moderator here has his hands full. Especially at this moment - what is this the month of the full moon or what? I'll be around whenever, wherever the name comes up, will tell him what you think.

Goin' to New York, are you? I'm sure we'd agree and say allright Mayor ... "Give Lee the key to the city" and SG's are on the house!

A free SG?? JFK here i come!!

better than gibson?

Hi,
has anyone tried any burny, greco, orville or edwards guitars? I have heard that some of them are even *gasp* better than gib historics, though i'm not sure if this is true.
Or, if you could suggest any V's or LP's that are great value then fire away.
Cheers

Re: better than gibson?

: Hi,
: has anyone tried any burny, greco, orville or edwards guitars? I have heard that some of them are even *gasp* better than gib historics, though i'm not sure if this is true.
: Or, if you could suggest any V's or LP's that are great value then fire away.
: Cheers

Regarding Orville Les Pauls; they are of course genuine, not considered a copy. As you know, for the Asian market. Owners are writers generally say that they are very close to Gibson, but not quite. The woods are not as "select", the electronics are generic knockoffs, though the overall finsh is good. I have a variety of Gibsons and know their quality, especially the tonal supremacy. Slash has no complaints!

1970's Aria Pan Model P-D and 1960's Stewart Hollowbodies...

I had posted earlier asking for help with these guitars. The Aria has only P-D on the inside label, and the Stewart has nothing but the initials or letters/numbers as seen in the picture. - pictures of both guitars can be found at http://community.webshots.com/user/j_rogers

HELP

Need and appraisal

I own a CF martin model # O-16NY purchased in 1976. I was wondering what it is worth today? Can Anyone help me?

Thanks, Justin W.

competition

has anyone ever won any competitions for a musical instrument..? i was extreamly lucky to win a Gibson Les Paul 2002 standard , then just 2 months later to win a Limited edition Marshall Jaguar Bluesbreaker combo £6000 !! both from the same magazine.

Re: competition

before i did wrestling and started working i started myself in a local rhythm busters competition where you make up rhythym beats off the top of your head according to what the judges give you. i was handed a classic metal option and thank god at the time it was all i played, classic metallica, so it was really easy, took first in the regionals, then in the finals me and a heavy metal guitarist duked it out kinda like in crossroads, but with rhythyms, he was good, i mean kicked my ass all over, but the judges didnt award him with style, i wasnt as good as him but combining the thrashing and the fact that my final song was actually 7 minutes long, really impressed the judges, got first in the final round and won a 1963 charvel model 4 A in mint condition, later sold, the problem was, its a rhythm competition and the guitar given away was a solo machine. oh well, i plan to buy it back as soon as i get money. point is, competitions are fun. but not nearly as fun as face offs, youll never get over a face off when you start, youll keep goin back. Trevor

: has anyone ever won any competitions for a musical instrument..? i was extreamly lucky to win a Gibson Les Paul 2002 standard , then just 2 months later to win a Limited edition Marshall Jaguar Bluesbreaker combo £6000 !! both from the same magazine.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.