Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2005

Archive for posts from January, 2005

ArchiveDecember 2004 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

When was my guitar made

I recently bought a used Lotus single cutaway electric guitar. There is something about it that makes me think that it is old. The only thing close to a serial # i found was on the back of the neck it said I1756. Can anybody tell me when my guitar was made or how i can find out

Re: When was my guitar made

:
: I recently bought a used Lotus single cutaway electric guitar. There is something about it that makes me think that it is old. The only thing close to a serial # i found was on the back of the neck it said I1756. Can anybody tell me when my guitar was made or how i can find out
Trotl,-It doesn't matter when it was built-It was a Korean built- House Brand guitar- made for Midco distributing. It's a plywood body-they sold new for $129. retail. Midco has been bought out-I'm unsure if the name is still used. The Best, Oldest, Lotus might bring $70.00.

Re: When was my guitar made

Thanks.

Re: better than gibson?

: Regarding Orville Les Pauls; they are of course genuine, not considered a copy. As you know, for the Asian market. Owners are writers generally say that they are very close to Gibson, but not quite. The woods are not as "select", the electronics are generic knockoffs, though the overall finsh is good. I have a variety of Gibsons and know their quality, especially the tonal supremacy. Slash has no complaints!

Second that opinion. We study these guitars, take them apart and compare. Greco's are good too. We have not found a V as good as Gibson, or close enough to be worthy of mention. You asked for value: here's the best LP clone, not a copy, Hagstrom Swede and Super Swede. Best copy, Tokai Love Rock. Those are REAL guitars in their own right. We think you're okay too popeye, so are telling 'ya what we actually know, hope it is useful.

good post, the flyin V is a very personal thing, you either love it or hate it, not that many people love them, the best mid price copy is indeed a Tokai love rock, there has been a lot said about the japanese and korean ones, the korean guitars are very good, but the best is the jap copy, oh and i think Slash plays a hand made gibson LP copy, its made to look exactly like a LP and even has the gibson pearly on the headstock but it is a very very expensive fake.

ya know i buy fakes n such just so i can sand em down and paint em myself, but i never put names on the headstock, and wouldnt pay shitloads to do it either, so why do some people do it with copies when itd be cheaper to buy the actual gibson in the long run, what im tryin to ask is, why doesnt he just buy a gibi instead of a copy and payin more to put the gibi logo on it? trevor (i personally, love flying vs...the ones i can afford anyways)
:
: good post, the flyin V is a very personal thing, you either love it or hate it, not that many people love them, the best mid price copy is indeed a Tokai love rock, there has been a lot said about the japanese and korean ones, the korean guitars are very good, but the best is the jap copy, oh and i think Slash plays a hand made gibson LP copy, its made to look exactly like a LP and even has the gibson pearly on the headstock but it is a very very expensive fake.

1951 Martin 0-18 - *CORRECTION*

I made a post regarding this guitar back on Christmas Eve..I specified it as a 00-18. It is a 0-18. My apologies. Here are some pictures of the guitar for sale.

http://66.66.172.208:81/018/

Thanks!

bass amp settings and use of compression

I can't seem to get the exact tone I with the equip. I have. I know it sounds dumb, but I could use the help of someone who really knows gear and how it works together. I'm useing a mesa/boogie 400+ with a dbx 266 xl comp. Running through the effects loop. As far as a cab I'm useing a mesa powerhouse (4 10 1 15 with a horn -2db-+2db). And I play a warwick thumb bolt on ( active bass and treb. boost). I'm trying to get a thick tight punchy sound with some growl (Justin chancellor/Ryan Martinie) but can't seem to get it just right. Any knowledgeable help?

bass amp settings and use of compression

I can't seem to get the exact tone I with the equip. I have. I know it sounds dumb, but I could use the help of someone who really knows gear and how it works together. I'm useing a mesa/boogie 400+ with a dbx 266 xl comp. Running through the effects loop. As far as a cab I'm useing a mesa powerhouse (4 10 1 15 with a horn -2db-+2db). And I play a warwick thumb bolt on ( active bass and treb. boost). I'm trying to get a thick tight punchy sound with some growl (Justin chancellor/Ryan Martinie) but can't seem to get it just right. Any knowledgeable help?

are ESP's good guitars

Im looking to buy an electric guitar that has a clean sound when distorted unlike my strat. I play mostly metallica so im looking for a guitar to match kirk's sound.

Re: are ESP's good guitars

just some days ago I bought an ESP LTD F-250 and it rocks..;) the only thing is the cheap lic. FR
.... how much money do you want to spend?
Kirk has got his own signatur series.... look at espguitars.com at signature guitars..... there you will find, what your searching for..;)

Slaye

Re: are ESP's good guitars

Hey, my first guitar was an ESP, the M-50 =D In terms of action, it plays awsome, if your looking for that specific sound then getting the signature (as slayer said) would do the trick, but it's quite pricey and unless your metallica-fan-until-death it won't be the greatest guitar to play. The M series is pretty much Kirk Hammet's guitar, but just different pickups, different wood, different inlays, and such. It really does depend on the budget though.

Rock on! \m/

fg180

I am after a Yamaha FG 180 red label Nippon Gakki.Please email me if you have one for sale. Thanks

Vintage Yamaha FG Nippon Gakki

Is anybody in the UK selling one. Good condition. Thanks

backing tracks

http://www.6stringheaven.com

Fender Hm Wanted!!

Hello there,

i am looking to buy any 87/88 fender hm, preferably with the maple fretboard, but either way..

Please email me,
thanks

stratman

http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp
found him!

Re: stratman

: http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp
: found him!

... and how is he???? ... being a pain, asking for free music downloads, calling others names or just being a gentleman, honest about his experience, answering people's questions or maybe promoting valuable products and services? Would people actually go to the forum because he's there; are they reading him, or saying what a place for dildos, no point in looking at this nonsense? No offence to you sailorman, just wondering?

: : http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp
: : found him!

What happened! You lost him? I think he's over here. His son is one of our best, has a green meanie to die for, sharpens the A, flattens the B (haha), wins awards and his girls kick axe & bass all over the place. All Floyd Rose experts, but will leave that to Trevor now! Happy playing, stay well & stay tuned my friends.

Thanks for leavin some questions to me, but if i have any problems with one ill be sure to let you know. thanks...Trevor

: : : http://www.8notes.com/f/forum35.asp
: : : found him!

:
: What happened! You lost him? I think he's over here. His son is one of our best, has a green meanie to die for, sharpens the A, flattens the B (haha), wins awards and his girls kick axe & bass all over the place. All Floyd Rose experts, but will leave that to Trevor now! Happy playing, stay well & stay tuned my friends.

Yeah but he was a f*ckin' annoying pr*ck who wouldnt shut up on this forum and his kids are retards./

1974 Grand Concert Grade Hernadis

Looking to sell 1974 Grand Concert Grade Hernadis, any ideas what it is worth? Quote from Sherry-Brenner was $6,000.

value of washburn ea345

Trying to find the current value of my ea345. bought it new about 10 yrs. ago..very good condition..one small ding on the perflin(sp?) on the neck..any help appreciated.

Re: value of washburn ea345

oops...thats an ea45

mod required

do u wanna be a moderator of this forum??/

www.darjeeling.co.nr

Ross 4x4 recorder

I need an old ross 4 track recorder and power supply.

Re: Ross 4x4 recorder

i own an old ross 4x4. i would sell it due to need for money all is working. missing the top of 1 knob

Resonator Guitar Worth

I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don't know anything about it, but would like to know how much it's worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case.

Re: Resonator Guitar Worth

: I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don't know anything about it, but would like to know how much it's worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case.

Re: Resonator Guitar Worth

: : I received a resonator guitar in a will. I don't know anything about it, but would like to know how much it's worth. It needs a new string and maybe a screw in the plate. Also has a hardly-used case.

It depends entirely on how old it is-the condition-the manufacturer. If it's an old Dobro-metal body-It will have some value. There's not enough data here to determine what it is. Don't modify it until you know!

guitar valuation

i have a fender f3 acoustic guitar which i've owned for around 25 years. anyone have any idea of value?

Music Man Sabre II guitar

Dragi zemljaci posaljite mi ako znate koja je cena ove gitare A004779 i ako znate nesto vise o ovom modelu,slike i slicno.Voleo bih da se dopisujem na srpskom putem interneta i razmenjujem muziku.Pozdrav Toza.

Re: Music Man Sabre II guitar

:speak english!! i can't understan what you're saying

Takamine AE ESG45SC

Does anyone have any information about how old this guitar is or what it's list price was new. I can't find any information for it. It sounds great, but I'm a little leary of buying something I can't find any online info on.

3 guitars

Value?
1. Vintage (Reissue) Fender '72 thinline, reddish blonde, vintage yellow/cordoroy look case

2. Ovation Elite thinline 12 string acoustic, orange sunburst, wood leaf inlays, hardshell case

3. Japanese Fender Precision base, 1999 model, red

If someone would email me with approximate values, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks,
Kurt

Giannini Craviola

Giannini Craviola

This popular thread has been given its own page : Giannini Craviola

takamine steve wariner

i purchased my takamine steve wariner limited edition back in 1993 or 1994. any idea what it's worth now?

Re: takamine steve wariner

: i purchased my takamine steve wariner limited edition back in 1993 or 1994. any idea what it's worth now?

Hey JJ,

The 2004 VG price guide estimates the Takamine collector edition guitars issued in the 1990's to be worth somewhere between $900-1,100. Keep an eye on my website VintAxe.com, I'll be posting a Takamine catalog that lists your guitar in the near future. SB

Yamaha FG 630 12 String

Can anyone tell me about this guitar? Is it solid or laminated rosewood? Is it a solid or laminated spruce top? Thank you

Re: Vintage 1970's Yamaha FG 630 12 String

: Can anyone tell me about this guitar? Is it solid or laminated rosewood? Is it a solid or laminated spruce top? Thank you

Namm show

Anyone got a pass for the NAMM show in Anaheim they can spare for just one of the four days? I can maybe help you out if your from out of town with whatever you need.Email me and help a fellow musician out! bobby0@linkline.com

BUYING GIBSON L5S, FIREBIRDS

I am buying Gibson L5S and Firebird (reverse and nonreverse) guitars. Please send photos and best price. Thanks.

Re: BUYING GIBSON L5S, FIREBIRDS

you know Gibson are making the firebird V, VII and studio? if you need one you can get it new.

Guitar amplifier history

In what year was the guitar amplifier invented?

Re: Guitar amplifier history

: In what year was the guitar amplifier invented? where it was invented and who invented it

Goya Guitar G318-C

Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it's worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks.

Re: Goya Guitar G318-C

: Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it's worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks.

Re: Goya Guitar G318-C

: : Have a guitar, made by C.F. Martin and company. Not sure what it's worth. Can anyone help me out??? Thanks.

C.F. Martin didn't make the Goya. Originally made in sweden, the name changed hands several times. Martin bought the name and had them built in Japan and Korea, and marketed them as a 3rd line Guitar. A swedish built Goya is the only one that would have much value.

Epiphone Dot pickup replacements

I own an Epiphone Dot guitar and am considering changing the pickups. Does anyone have a suggestion on what pickups to use. I would prefer not to have to change any wiring.
Thanks!

Re: Epiphone Dot pickup replacements

There are so many, what kind of music do you play?? you could get Gibson direct replacements which i think are 57' classics, but before you look at those take a look at the seymour duncan pickups, especialy the Seth Lover pickups, they are great pickups, if you are running on a budget then checkout the Kent Armstrong range, these too are excellent quality.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.