Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2005

Archive for posts from January, 2005

ArchiveDecember 2004 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2004 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2004 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2004 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

sg's

I, too, am looking for a very affordable Gibson SG. Please e-mail me with any finds.

Re: sg's

im glade to see so many SG lovers, these guitars really do rock, if you want an affordable on go for the special.

neeed hagstrom.....must...have...hagstrom...

anyone have a hagstrom? (preferably kent model, dont want an archtop or anything) in decent condition? (no damage, the necks fine and everything, maybe the finish is really wearing away) would you like to sell it for under $250 Canadian (or what ever that is in your country)? I would like you to sell it. I really would

Re: neeed hagstrom.....must...have...hagstrom...

even just like another old guitar (univox hi-flyer, mosrite ventures, fender duosonic) thatd also be great

I looking to buy a good electric guitar under $1000

Im looking for a good electric guitar with a good sound

Re: I looking to buy a good electric guitar under $1000

3 words:

GIBSON SG STANDARD (actualy 1 name 1 word and an acronym)

SG rocks.

Fender guitars age good, too.
Look into Lace Sensors if you intend on using pedals- I imagine everyone will totally disagree, but they have alot of sound integrity.
I'd say a Fender of some sort.
Gibsons are great guitars, but if you're gonna get one, you'd almost want to go all out, because every dollar spent on a Gibson is a good investment.
I d'know. Check on Harmony Central and eBay for more ideas if you need to. A Gibson is a valid guitar, but a Fender is probably what you're looking for at the moment.

look at a carvin, those things are great and are all special order, best guitar for the money in my opinion. go to carvin.com and check them out

all guitar forum

moderator required...www.darjeeling.co.nr here

Manufacture date of Epiphone Jr

Can anyone tell me the manufacture date of an Epi Jr? Serial number SJ04044628. Gibson says one day and blue book says another.

Brad Paisley & Allison Krauss McPherson Guitar

I've saw Brad Paisley playing a McPherson Guitar when he and Allison Krauss appeared on the Country Music Award show. I've also seen him play it at his concert. It had a very clean sound and I think it looks great. Anyone else following either Brad Paisley or McPherson? I found their site at www.mcphersonguitar.com

Changing Strings.

Okay, which is best. To change the entire set at once or to change them one at a time? Some tutors say change them all at once while giving the neck a thorough clean and some say change one at a time thereby maintaing tension in the neck. I've just broke the B string so I'd like to know which is the best way?

Re: Changing Strings.

I dont think it matters, i prefer to change them all at once, whats all this maintaining neck tension? just go for whatever feels good for you.

Re: Changing Strings.

If you have a tremolo set to float, or if you have a lot of relief in your neck(that is space between the bottom of the string and the top of the fret at about the 8th fret when the strings are depressed at the first fret, anyhting over 2 or 3 mm would be a lot) then yes, it will be easier to get the strings back to pitch where they will hold by replacing them one by one. You should always replace the whole set though each time. As far as cleaning the neck/frets goes, you can do this with the strings on.

Yamano 100th Anniversary 1892-1992

I am looking at a lefty strat, original contour body, made in USA, that has a neck plate with this info on it:
"Y100-O16CR Yamano 100th Anniversary 1892-1992"
The serial number starts with Z0... so that is supposed to mean it was made in 2000, so the neck plate is confusing to me. It has a strange pick up configuration also: a single coil by the neck, what looks like a soap bar in the middle, and a double coil at an angle at the bridge.

Does anyone know anything about this guitar, or what it might be worth?

i'll ask again

I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc.
I doubt I'd sell it [it's a lovely, if unusual, sounding sunburst] but I'd like to know a bit more about it.
Serial number: N3934529

Re: i'll ask again

: I recently obtained a lovely Fender Telecaster from a relative, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info on it. Year. Value. Etc.
: I doubt I'd sell it [it's a lovely, if unusual, sounding sunburst] but I'd like to know a bit more about it.
: Serial number: N3934529

There are 2 options here. Either the moderator blocked my reply or you didn't read it in the first place. Will give YOU the benefit of the doubt, but let someone else spin their wheels.

Washburn KC-20

I've got a Washburn KC-20. Wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it?

Cheap Seagull S6 wanted.

If anyone has a Seagull S6 for sale cheap, I am looking for one. E-mail me with details.

Höfner club 60 (POA)

Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale

Re: Höfner club 60 (POA)

: Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale
i have a hofner copy from japan,its a paul mccartney.beautiful wood violin type.ill take $200 for it

: Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale

: : Anybody know off hofner club 60 (POA) for a sale

I have a blonde Club 60 serial no: 1269 together with what I believe to be the original case. The guitar is in superb condition with only a few minor dents to the woodwork. I have owned it since 1963 but it was made in 1960/61 probably. I also have a book "The Hofner Guitar-A History" to go with it.

mffdfddxdxdaacafzxfxaxzvaaf

Mark@Sonic

Re: mffdfddxdxdaacafzxfxaxzvaaf

:Mark Robertson
:Julia Robertson
:Graeme Robertson
:Craig Robertson
:Kathleen Robertson

: :Mark Robertson
: :Julia Robertson
: :Graeme Robertson
: :Craig Robertson
: :Kathleen Robertson

Intelligent question. You made your point. Stay on this forum for intelligent answers. The other forums either don't want your subject or would cut yours off.

:Mark Robertson
:Julia Robertson
:Graeme Robertson
:Craig Robertson
:Kathleen Robertson

wiring for ephiphone les paul black beauty

does anybody have a wiring diagram for a 3 p.u.
les paul black beauty
thanks, greg

Re: wiring for ephiphone les paul black beauty

it will be the same as the SG custom 3 pickup, switch pos 1 = bridge, pos 2= middle and neck pos 3= neck, have a look here.
http://www.gibson.com/relations/schematics/diagrams/solid.gif

Alveraz

I have a 12 string Alveraz bought in 1984 for 500.00 How can I find out what it's worth. I also have a Goya 6 string age unknown

my mp3

http://www.idpz.net/mcfly/ My mp3 (metalica murderdolls)

fender american strat

hello, i recentely purchased an american strat from my local music store (it was used). I am wondering if anyone can tell me what year it is. The serial number on it is ZO287431. If you can help me, either drop me a note at my email or just post a replay. Thank you!

ibanez electric guitar

1/11/05 found this ibanez guitar with p90 creme cover pick ups and do not know what model it is or about what price it is worth.it has a set neck and a small body with the bridge set way back on the body.3 on the side tuners and serial starts with an s.can anyone tell me about this guitar? thanks ncjs2001@yahoo.com

Charvel strat serial number..

I have the number, just need to find out which model it is. It is a Japanese stat style with a Floyd and Pickguard. Looks mid 80's early 90's.

Serial# 376056

De Virtuele Kap

Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie !

Re: De Virtuele Kap

: Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie !

You're a piece of work! Can you hold your breath 5 minutes?

Re: De Virtuele Kap

: : Zelfde Kaka, nieuwe locatie !

: You're a piece of work! Can you hold your breath 5 minutes?
Ya momma!

i need a guitarist!

we are a hard rock band kinda starting from scratch. we have a bassist, drummer, and lead vocalist who is a female. we are interested in looking for a guitarist asap. we live in massachusetts. if your anywhere near us and interested in joining please email me at bruisedlip120@aol.com

Vox Phantom XII string guitar

Hello,
I sold my 1965 white Vox Phantom XII string guitar to Sam Ash music stores on Long Island in New York in 1970. At that time it was painted blue. If this guitar rings a bell, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking to purchase another Vox Phantom XII. If you know of any for sale, please keep me in mind.
Thank you very much,
Bobby

G&L Guitars

I am considering purchasing a G&L Comanche. I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who owns one.

Re: G&L Guitars

23 people's comments to peruse.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/G-L/Comanche-01.html

help!! squier strat made in U.S.A.?

i bought a used squier strat from large music store back in 95 or 96 and am now trying to figure out if it's a fake/real/what the deal is...

found a date stamp, Jul 26, 1988 (or 1989 it's blurry) and a letter F (at least i think it is) behind the butt of the neck stamped on the body. the headstock says: "Squier, by Fender, STRATOCASTER, Made in U.S.A."

and i can't find a serial number! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Re: help!! squier strat made in U.S.A.?

im not that up on US strats but i know they made some squiers in the 80's, cant think why someone would want to fake it.

Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha/Nippon Gakki solid electric guitar

new idea

are you ever on the lookout for novel plectrum ideas if not do you know anyone who would be

MICHEAL SCHENKER

Hey you all !
Dean Guitars signed Michael Schenker !!!

Check it out at www.deanguitars.com !!!

I DESPRESTLY NEED HELP

My guitar amp turns off after about 20 min of play time, what could be the cause of this promblem? i have a peavey express 112 with one 12" speaker,

please some one tell me something at least a rough estimate of how its gonna cost me

Re: I DESPRESTLY NEED HELP

: My guitar amp turns off after about 20 min of play time, what could be the cause of this promblem? i have a peavey express 112 with one 12" speaker,

: please some one tell me something at least a rough estimate of how its gonna cost me
Sound as if it is over-heating. Is that possible? What, if any effects are you using? Dust or not enough air to keep it from over-heating? Is the amp under warrenty? Find authorized repair and compare costs. Whatelse is sharing the circut your amp is pluged into? i.e. fridge washer/drier/// fighting for proper voltage. Good Luck, Shed

Re: I DESPRESTLY NEED HELP

sounds like a dry solder joint, heats up, expands and cuts out, it wont cost a lot in parts but it could be labour intensive.

Value of Martin Guitars

My Dad left me 3 Martin Guitars. I don't play them and I have been thinking about possibly trying to sell them. Can anyone give me an idea of what they might be worth?
This is the info I have:
Martin D-28 S/N: 433900. It has a Hard Shell Martin Case with it and it looks to be in Nearly New Condition.
Martin D-28 S/N: 162243. It has it's original Hard Shell Case. This is the guitar my Dad played on the most. It has scratches on the front and back and it looks like the pick guard has been changed.
Martin D-18 S/N: 175306 It has 000-78 written inside as well. This one looks to be in excellent condition.
I hope someone can point me in the right direction, on what I should get for these guitars.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.