Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yamaha SA2200

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Has anyone played this guitar? I am looking for an ES335 style but dont want to pay the Gibson price. Any comments on the SA2200? It seems like pretty good value for the money.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Bought one about six months ago. They are no longer for sale in America. Had to buy mine out of the UK. All I can say is, this is one fabulous guitar. The neck is the most incredible neck I have ever played. I have to say that I have not played a 335 that I like neck wise, way to fat for my hands, same with the 60s neck on the Les Paul. I like playing the neck pickup with the tone knobs halfway between treble and bass. The guitar has a nice, warm, jazzy sound with that setting. Wouldn’t buy a 335 after playing this guitar.

Anonymous

Yes, I own a beautiful amber or golden colored one like the guitarist on Satutday Night Live. Actually, I bought mine in August of 1993. I got it for $799 at Hermes Music in McAllen, Texas. After 10 years of use, it still looks and plays like new. Make it growl or make it purr…it has many sounds you can make. The guitar is simply excellent in feel, tone, appearance and versatility. Make sure you get an equally good amplifier and related sound equipment. A musician friend of mine who has been playing in front of people for 30 years helped me decide on it. He said it was better than the current Gibson 335 which are priced about the $2000 range or more. My guitar does not have a Bigsby vibrato arm like Justin Hayward’s red Gibson of the Moody Blues. I use various effects pedals with it however. Get this guitar! It’s a fantastic instrument at a fantastic price. Mine had a suggested list price of $1500 with the Hermes daily price of $799. Good luck!

Anonymous

it sounds like shit!

Anonymous

: ang panat ng tunog!

Anonymous

I agree. I’ve owned one of these for a year now (just paid-off the loan!). I love Gibsons, but I actually consider the SA2200 SUPERIOR to the Gibson equivalent. I managed to borrow a Gibson ES335 Custom (out of my price range, I’m afraid) for a few weeks, and I was disappointed with it to be honest. The SA2200 is not a copy of anything – it is a quality instrument in its own right. Running barefoot into a straight amp, it can produce a wider range of voices than any other guitar I have ever played. It is very comfortable to ‘wear’, and has a lovely neck for people with larger hands like me. It has a genuine quality ‘feel’ about it. Electrically, it feels ‘active’ rather than ‘passive’, and it can ‘mimic’ a large range of guitars, from the warmth of a quality western acoustic or ‘jumbo’, through the sharp cutting clarity of a Gibson SG or Flying V, through ‘Lucille’ to the full-bodied ‘Pete Townsend’ roar of a 1970’s Les Paul. It can also produce the sharp ‘jangle’ of a Telecaster, but with far more sustain. About the ONLY sounds it cannot produce are the thin ‘Hendrix-ish’ neck-pickup sound of the Strat, or the ‘in-between’, ‘out-of phase’ Strat sound used by Mark Knopfler, but it can match any Gibson that I have played. Couple this guitar up to a Yamaha Stomp-Box and you will never need another guitar. So bugger what’s written on the head – be an individualist, buy this guitar with confidence.

Anonymous

: Has anyone played this guitar? I am looking for an ES335 style but dont want to pay the Gibson price. Any comments on the SA2200? It seems like pretty good value for the money.

Anonymous

In a word phenominal i have owned one for six years you do not need another electric guitar after you buy one of these.The sound is very full with an acoustic edge you can here the tone of the woods used, flawless construction really sound vintage once played in, a guitar for life.

Anonymous

I have just purchased one and it is the best guitar I have ever played in the last fourty something years! It is totally superior to the gibson or any other,for half the price.I would like info on where to get details of the serial number..QJP0081

Anonymous

: Has anyone played this guitar? I am looking for an ES335 style but dont want to pay the Gibson price. Any comments on the SA2200? It seems like pretty good value for the money.
      ………………….Reply……………………….

Did this guy ever get an answer?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.