Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: ibanez artist acoustic model 2608

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

: would any one no the value of Ibanez artist 2608 acoustic guitar in mint condition,mother of pearl inlays in head and frets.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : would any one no the value of Ibanez artist 2608 acoustic guitar in mint condition,mother of pearl inlays in head and frets. I have two Artists, a 2604 and a 2607. I bought the first one for appr. $300 in Norway, the other was bought when I was a teenager. I saw a 2609 (rosewood) go for $571 on ebay in June, so let’s say yours is worth around $500. I’m interested in buying, please contact me for an offer! Paul Hansen, Oslo Norway

Anonymous

: Can any of you guys give a good technique for re-stringing, and checking the action, intonation and set-up for a Charvel that has a floyd rose. It’s been a bit neglected and i want to give it a good overall service i have a fender stat with locking tremelo and sometimes the way ill change my strings when its gets real bad is before i take the strings off ill wedge something under the guitar between the brige (the bottom part of the bride under the guitar where the springs are) and the wood so the bridge cant move. then i check the the tuning (because it will be different) then i change the stings, tune to where it was after i wedged the bridge and when i take out the wedge the tuning is usually pretty close to where i can i just lock the nut and fine tune it it works very well if u do it right

Anonymous

: Can any of you guys give a good technique for re-stringing, and checking the action, intonation and set-up for a B.C.Rich Warlock that has a floyd rose. It’s been a bit neglected and i want to give it a good overall service

Anonymous

I changed top e on my floyd rose and some how the saddle locking screw is too high so that when i use the tremelo it catches on the string. Anyone got any ideas ? It is driving me nuts.

Anonymous

: : Can any of you guys give a good technique for re-stringing, and checking the action, intonation and set-up for a Charvel that has a floyd rose. It’s been a bit neglected and i want to give it a good overall service : I had a pink charvel, with a single and a humbucker, that thing was a F*&%in bitch. First of all, with any guitar, I check the action by playablility, if its bad I change it if not I leave alone. For restringing, open the headstock locks then pull the strings off the nut. After that, I click the strings out of the bridge, by unscrewing the lock that is next to the fine tuners. Keep the magnets that was opened when you open the bridge. Cut the bullets off your string, then place it into the hole, then lock the bridge, then string it to the headstock

Anonymous

Recently I changed the strings on my ESP for the first time (only took me 4 HOURS!). Now, I can’t tune it to 440. I tune one string, and then when I tune the next, the previous one is now flat. I’ve tried tuning it from low E to high E, and vice-versa… same thing! The thing is, that previously I changed only the high E, which obviousley must have been thicker than the original ones that came on the guitar; but now the new set presents the same problem. How do I fix this, so that I have perfect 440 tuning, specially: can I do it faster than an hour??!!

Anonymous

: : Can any of you guys give a good technique for re-stringing, and checking the action, intonation and set-up for a Charvel that has a floyd rose. It’s been a bit neglected and i want to give it a good overall service : I had a pink charvel, with a single and a humbucker, that thing was a F*&%in bitch. First of all, with any guitar, I check the action by playablility, if its bad I change it if not I leave alone. For restringing, open the headstock locks then pull the strings off the nut. After that, I click the strings out of the bridge, by unscrewing the lock that is next to the fine tuners. Keep the magnets that was opened when you open the bridge. Cut the bullets off your string, then place it into the hole, then lock the bridge, then string it to the headstock ALSO CHECK THE INTONATION WHEN A DIFFERENT GAUGE IS USED. I NEED A DEVICE TOSET THE INTONATION. THANK YOU

Anonymous

: : Can any of you guys give a good technique for re-stringing, and checking the action, intonation and set-up for a Charvel that has a floyd rose. It’s been a bit neglected and i want to give it a good overall service : I had a pink charvel, with a single and a humbucker, that thing was a F*&%in bitch. First of all, with any guitar, I check the action by playablility, if its bad I change it if not I leave alone. For restringing, open the headstock locks then pull the strings off the nut. After that, I click the strings out of the bridge, by unscrewing the lock that is next to the fine tuners. Keep the magnets that was opened when you open the bridge. Cut the bullets off your string, then place it into the hole, then lock the bridge, then string it to the headstock

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.