Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics SLASH’S AMP/EFFECTS SETTINGS??????

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi im wondering if anybody could help me, im trying to emulate slashs guitar sound and need some help with what effects he use and what settings he uses.

I currently run a Fender custom shop Ritchie Sambora Strat (I know what your gonna say to this for slash guitar playing, Les Paul Standard with seymores on way when finance alow) through a Marshall SL25555 Slash head and cab. then I use a GE-7 EQ, a crybaby 535 wah and DD-5 Digital delay. does anyone have any good settings for this equipment? and does anyone know what other effects he uses?

I dont feel the Overdrive is enough, it lacks the real GRRRRRRR! if you not what i mean, long sustaining notes and chords etc, they seem to fade to quickly. But I dont want to stick a metalzone pedal on and have tones of feedback and buzz. does anyone know if he uses any over distortion apart from standard amp?

Cheers ,
    Dave

Related Article:
    Finding The Best Distortion Pedal

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html check this is good of Slash pedal uses samury

Anonymous

I do not belive Slash using anything in the way of distortion pedals. His sound is pure Marshall crunch, all from the amp.In terms of effects, he rarely uses much of those either. A Les Paul will be pretty important for emulating his tone, but he also puts pretty damn heavy strings on his Pauls. I think he uses Ernie Ball RPS Power Slikies which would be 11-48. You probably already know this stuff though.

Anonymous

I do not belive Slash using anything in the way of distortion pedals. His sound is pure Marshall crunch, all from the amp.In terms of effects, he rarely uses much of those either. A Les Paul will be pretty important for emulating his tone, but he also puts pretty damn heavy strings on his Pauls. I think he uses Ernie Ball RPS Power Slikies which would be 11-48. You probably already know this stuff though.

Anonymous

I have similar equipment as you and was wondering if anyone responded back to you with the settings. I’m also looking for settings of other guitarists as Zakk Wylde, metallica, or Pearl Jam. Thanx, Barry

Anonymous

If your looking for long, long sustain on your notes and chords, then your going to have to wait for your Les Paul as a big part of creating *that* sustain and the GRRRRRR is in the guitar your using, and nothing sustains like a Les 🙂 hope this helps

Anonymous

I use a DOD death metal distortion pedal, sounds wierd but it works. set the mid and the low up about 1/8 turn and the high you can just mess with. it really helps if your playing a metal style guitar (Jackson what i use) (Ibanez etc.) now step pick up switch all the way to the front This works awsome especially for Sweet Child o Mine

Anonymous

you need to look up slash’s official fanpage, sorry i cant remember the address, but its not hard to find in a search engine. somewhere in there he lists his amp settings, for distortion and clean sounds, and lists all the effects he uses, like a boss GE-7 equaliser pedal to give him a boost for solos n stuff.

Anonymous

: Hi im wondering if anybody could help me, im trying to emulate slashs guitar sound and need some help with what effects he use and what settings he uses.

: I currently run a Fender custom shop Ritchie Sambora Strat (I know what your gonna say to this for slash guitar playing, Les Paul Standard with seymores on way when finance alow) through a Marshall SL25555 Slash head and cab. then I use a GE-7 EQ, a crybaby 535 wah and DD-5 Digital delay. does anyone have any good settings for this equipment? and does anyone know what other effects he uses?

: I dont feel the Overdrive is enough, it lacks the real GRRRRRRR! if you not what i mean, long sustaining notes and chords etc, they seem to fade to quickly. But I dont want to stick a metalzone pedal on and have tones of feedback and buzz. does anyone know if he uses any over distortion apart from standard amp?

: Cheers ,
      : Dave

Hey dave, I don’t know if this will help but, in the november 2000 issue of guitar one magazine, they laid out slash’s setup as this: He uses a Nady 950 GT wireless to send the signal to a rackmounted Dunlop Cry Baby. From there, a Bradshaw Custom Audio electronics A/B box allows a choice of "dirty rig" or "clean rig". The dirty rig is comprised of two Marshall JCM "Slash" model heads, each powering a JCM "Slash" model 4 x 12 cabinet housing Celestion Vintage 30s. ONe head’s effects loop contains a Boss GE-7 graphic equalizer pedal (set to a midrange peak) a Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal, and a Rocktron Hush 2CX stereo noise gate.

The clean rig uses two more "Slash" JCMs modified with KT88 tubes for more clean headroom. One heads loop contains a Yamaha SPX900 effects processor and a DBX 166 stereo compressor / gate.

Good Luck

Anonymous

I will no longer be answering emails concerning slash’s sound due to the fact that I get about 5 per day. Also I dont know why John Elliot says what he says…but I know more about slash’s gear than 99.99% of guitar players that follow his music. To calm some of you down I’ll let you know that Slash’s pickups are definitely not Seymour Duncan Alnico II’s and I won’t tell you what they are because he and I are the only two guitar players in the world who own them…and you cant find it in a catolog…sorry…trade secret. I can however tell you to get rid of your les paul’s electronics and install CTS 500K Audio taper pots, Orange drop caps, and high grade shielded wires, and make sure your pickups are close to the strings and that your pickups only have two leads coming out of them(2 per pickup)…one last thing…Lindy Fralin PAF’s are the closest for the slash sound, and they are hand wound, dont forget to take the covers off, and get your DD-3 (NOT DD-5…as most think) and the ge-7 onto a loop box so they are out of the signal chain when not used…remember that boss pedals are not true bypass and adversely affect your tone when off. Good Luck

Anonymous

shout actually the caps you can get at RS guitarworks are alot better than the ORANGE DROPS.

Anonymous

forget the Gibson Les Paul.. to get a quality one nowadays you have to pay a crazy amount of money. Go for a well made mahogany guitar with a maple top. Fernandes and Godin have two very nice models that completely blow away any Gibson for the same money.

Anonymous

NOTICE,. Berky Bendec does only lie, he ain’t got any INFO…

Anonymous

sorry dude no disrespect to ya but i searched for 2 years to find a better replacement to my epiphone les paul standard and after trying many models including godin and fernandes i just saved n bought the real deal gibson les paul classic and i gotta say for a slash tone i just run it thru a marshall valve state 65 watt combo amp and it gives the best slash tones i have ever heard! so id advise ppl just buying the real thing because at the end of the day it wont loose value as it has that name on the headstock you wont be dissapointed 🙂 jon

Anonymous

what type of seymour duncan pickup does slash use on his gibsons?

Anonymous

: what type of seymour duncan pickup does slash use on his gibsons? les paul

Anonymous

He uses Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pickups

Anonymous

how does Slash achieve the sound for the Godfather theme when he plays live using the equipment already known to be used by him?…by the way I know slash’s amp tech (secret that costs$$$), here’s a tip nobody knows…his pre-amp tubes are specially chosen according to the subtle manufacturing differences. 12AX7 for some company’s are not exactly the same as ECC83’s…Slash’s pre-amp tubes are hotter and is amp is biased in a special way. For $$$ I’ll spill my guts and tell you everything that no one knows and direct you to the right people to get the slightly modded gear he has…just let me tell you Adam Day does not know everything about Slash’s gear…he know’s his settings and how to achieve certain sounds…but it would not be possible without his secretly modded gear…my e-mail…[email protected]

Anonymous

by the way…that thing about me charging money was a joke…several of you emailed me with offers…but i share this info freely….but it is too long to write here…i have several pages of data on my computer..just ask for it and i´ll send it to you…I never thought anybody would really care about all these details on how he does the biasing or how his signal path works. Anyhow i´m glad there are those of you out there who care…his sound is godly…and is now my sound the sound of Haley as I like to call it…because every time i hear it it reminds me of something wonderful i once had several years ago and vanished like that comet.

Anonymous

i have a small 15watt marshall and a dod grunge pedal and i was wondering if you could figure out a good slash setting.My amp has contour bass and treble and some simple effects. My pedal has high low and grunge control, thankyou jeff…….

Anonymous

i have a small 15watt marshall and a dod grunge pedal and i was wondering if you could figure out a good slash setting.My amp has contour bass and treble and some simple effects. My pedla has high low and grunge control, thankyou jeff…….

Anonymous

i have a small 15watt marshall and a dod grunge pedal and i was wondering any if you could figure out a good slash setting.My amp has contour bass and treble and some simple effects. My pedla has high low and grunge control, thankyou jeff…….

Anonymous

GOD ERRM I MEAN SLASH USES "SEYMOR DUNCAN ALNICO PRO 2" HUMBUCKERS ON HIS LES PAULS NO. 1 SLASH FAN DEANO http://WWW.PATHOGENICHEALERS.TK

Anonymous

: : Hi im wondering if anybody could help me, im trying to emulate slashs guitar sound and need some help with what effects he use and what settings he uses. Get a les paul, I got one of the limited edition Slash’s snakepit signiture models with the snake pit logo on it and slash’s personal alterations. Very cool guitar. Pick one up if you can find it! I got mine for about $500

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.