Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Mako Guitar ID

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just came across a nice semi hollow body guitar. I has Mako traditional on the headstock, Grover machine heads, humbuchers, and a nice sunburst finish. Can anyone tell me who makes them and were can I get parts. Rock and Roll!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

The serial number is 713096. I can’t find any info. Please help if you can. Thanks

Anonymous

mako is a very collectible guitar it was a japanese made guitar in the 70s and 80s the company went out of business in like 1989 they were modeled after the gibson and fender guitars they used humbucker pickups and are a really solid guitar i have had mine since they first came out in the usa so close to 40 years and have owned other big name guitars but prefer my mako over my les paul

Anonymous

I also have a Mako Traditionals guitar. It is a silver "Explorer" model with a white pickguard and dual humbuckers. Mako is written in script on the headstock and the word Traditionals is in block letters below.The model no tag on the neck says, " LX2 – 13 and there is a serial no. above that. Does anyone have one or know what company made it or imported it into USA??? What year???? Seems to be an 80’s guitar and is mint, no scratches and all chrome parts throughout. It rocks! ……….Thanks for your time!!!

Anonymous

the serial number is under the neck the yare a japanese guitar from the 70s and 80s the company went out of business in like 1989 they used alot of global parts like humbucker pickups so you can still get them .

Anonymous

: I have a maco guitar wood grain finish. It is beautiful and plays great.Cant find the value of it but it is really built as good as any guitar and looks just like a fender telecaster.Someone told me whoever made them discontuied them in the 80,s.

Anonymous

I have a Mako l series LKS-2 (on headstock) and i can’t for the life of me find out anything on the company that makes these????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.