Univox /VG Les Paul Copy

Posted by DwMitchell on Sun, 10/17/04 - 22:21:36.

Just got a nice Univox "Les Paul...Circa 68'"...need to change the scrachy 500k pot,s...need a good wire schamitic ...The hum's are in great condition.../single output( I think ...Please send me info...to hook this up right 2 Vol/2 tone / 1 3-way toggle...../?White Humbucklers....Need to look closer to find out If the are 2 conductor///that wiring may be different

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Univox /VG Les Paul Copy

: Just got a nice Univox "Les Paul...Circa 68'"...need to change the scrachy 500k pot,s...need a good wire schamitic ...The hum's are in great condition.../single output( I think }...Please send me info...to hook this up right { 2 Vol/2 tone / 1 3-way toggle...../?White Humbucklers....Need to look closer to find out If the are 2 conductor///that wiring may be different

Reply: Although yours is most likely Epiphone-style wiring, which varies only slightly from Gibson, the 3 guitars are all very similar. Maybe you can figure something out from the wiring diagrams/Gibson mods section at www.guitarelectronics.zoovy.com.

Careful not to overheat the new pot or possibly the capacitor, by using an alligator clip as a heat sink. Tinning the ends of the wires with solder, before joining them up may also make your work easier and more productive.

Hope this helps, Strat Man Dwight ... and serious Gibson Les Paul Hotrodder! P.S. Lotsa info at www.deaf-eddie.net as well.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.