Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics String height on a bcrich warlock with floyd rose trem

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i have a bcrich warlock nj series with a floyd rose trem/bridge i was tryin to down tune it and when i had done so i tried to play it only to discover that the strings were now pressed up against the pickup’s screws what can i do to fix it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: i have a bcrich warlock nj series with a floyd rose trem/bridge i was tryin to down tune it and when i had done so i tried to play it only to discover that the strings were now pressed up against the pickup’s screws what can i do to fix it? your suppost to rebalance your bridge.

Anonymous

THAT’S what it was called!
      Haven’t seen one in years but I could sure use one.
      Do you know who makes em’ or where to get one?

Anonymous

an inherent problem with a floyd is that when you use a different tuning, the whole fucker goes out of whack. What u need to do, is to decrease the spring tension, by turning the claw adjustment screws which are located on the back of the guitar. take off the back plate and locate the claw where the springs are attached, which is closer to the neck. loosen the screws 1/4 turn and then re-tune to the key u want to play in, caution this will take quite a few times to achieve so have fun and learn how the floyd works. don’t loosen the screws too much as they will come out and the floyd will do a crash landing on the roof. also if u plan to play in this tuning and switch back to another u might want to consider another guitar with a floyd or just a fixed bridge, u can also install a device called a tremsetter which the floyd would always stay at a neutral point regardless of tuning or string breakage. hope this helps, if not, let me know or e-mail me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.