Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

Posted by Robert Wells on Mon, 06/18/01 - 16:19:40.

Hi all,

A friend of mine found a Hohner MC05 guitar in a dumpster the other day. It's playable but it has some damage. Can anyone tell me how much this kind of guitar is worth when new? I'm thinking of getting it repaired but I was wondering if it will be worth the money.

Thanks
Robert

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

: Hi all,

: A friend of mine found a Hohner MC05 guitar in a dumpster the other day. It's playable but it has some damage. Can anyone tell me how much this kind of guitar is worth when new? I'm thinking of getting it repaired but I was wondering if it will be worth the money.

: Thanks
: Robert

they cost £65.00 in a kit with case, tuning pitch and strings also a video

Re: Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

in fact, i'm holding one tight now. Got mine from Argos. Good guitar for beginners. takes all the knocks and damage. Theres one on Ebay right now 15/1/04 selling for £15.

Hohner MC-05

As with any guitar the way it`s finally set up ( particularly the nut, which needs to be bone on any classical, but also a saddle that FITS !) will make the difference between a dead sounding plank and a proper instrument. I was fortunate enough to get a MC-05 already set up by a luthier friend and it was a give away for twenty five pounds.I`m not sure if the top is solid or ply ( ply I would have thought at the price it sells at new) but it suits me down to the ground and is perfect for my level of playing at the moment. BTW...I hope, when you mention steel strings, you are talking about the thickest 3, which are only nylon strings wrapped with a light steel or silver. Putting the steel strings that go on a steel strung accoustic (folk or bluegrass) guitar on a classical is a no no !!!!
Enjoy your guitar.

mc-05

HI ,Ive had a mc-05 for 25years, Would not change it for the world.
I thought it worth money ,Surprized , Its not.
But to me its a gold mine.
All the best Pete

Still have my MC-05, bought

Still have my MC-05, bought at Argos around 1997. I think it cost £40 new.
I sanded the underneath of the plastic bridge insert to lower the action slightly, and it's still in good condition, no twists, splits etc.
I find it hard to play (being used to electrics) but an experienced Classical player once tried it out, then handed it back to me saying "there's nothing wrong with the guitar" - implying it's all about practice :)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.