Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics hofner guitar – model 491, 1966

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I would like to know if anybody out there can tell me what a 1966 Hofner ascustic guitar is worth in us/can funds? the guitar is build like an older model gibson j45 an it is in excellent condition. tks.
    eck.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I JUST BOUGHT ONE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION: NEAR PERFECT INTONATION; CLEAN BODY AND TONE! I THOUGHT I WAS SO NICE I BOUGHT ON THE SPOT W/O RESEARCHING IT [$400 AT GUITAR CENTER]. THEY HAD IT HANGING WITH VINTAGE GIBSONS & MARTINS THAT WERE PRICED AROUND $1399 & UP…I ALMOST PASSED IT UP THINKING THE 1 WAS MISSING!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL SOLID WOODS, BUT RECENT RESEARCH SHOWS LAMINATE B&S, BUT SOUNDS AS GOOD AS SOME SOLIDS OF THE SAME ERA. THE TAG SAID 1966, BUT THE LABLE ON THE INSIDE LOOKS DIFFERENT FROM A LABEL SHOWN ON A SITE PICTURING A 1966, SO CAN’T BE SURE…THEY LOOKED ALIKE, THO MY HEADSTOCK’S RAISED “HOFNER” LOGO IS PLACED ALMOST ON TOP OF THE “DAGGER” PEARL INLAY, PROBABLY BY A SHAKEY HAND! ALL-IN-ALL I CAN’T SEE IT DECREASING IN VALUE AS LONG AS IT’S HUMIDIFIED AND CARED FOR PROPERLY…THERE AREN’T MANY STILL AROUND…AND I’M THRILLED TO HAVE FOUND ONE!!! HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Anonymous

I bought a Hofner 491 Sunburst in Aarhus , Denmark in 1968.
      Anyone whos Got an idea of it’s present value?
      Plays perfectly……

Anonymous

I HAVE A 1966 HOFNER MODEL 492, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS WORTH? (IN RANDS)

Anonymous

I bought a 1966 hofner 491 on ebay several months ago. I paid $300 for it. It was not in excellent condition by any means. Definately a "player’s guitar" and not for collector’s. I am happy with it because I am a player, and not a collector. And it pairs well with my hofner 492 12-string. : I would like to know if anybody out there can tell me what a 1966 Hofner ascustic guitar is worth in us/can funds? the guitar is build like an older model gibson j45 an it is in excellent condition. tks. : eck.

Anonymous

I just purchased a Hofner 491E — Acoustic with a Hofner floating pickup installed….and it is a Lefty. I paid $650 USD for it….I also found a contact at Hofner — [email protected] who can research your guitar if you send him pics of it…very nice guy.

Anonymous

I have just bought one in Melborne Austrlia. I paid about US$400 for her and she is one of the sweetest acoustics I own. Regards – Mark.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.