Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Noise from Marshall

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am playing a Marshall VS265 and the excess noise is killing me. I even pick up radio stations on this beast. On the distortion channel the buzz is really loud. If I stand just right and stuff the cord in my pocket it seems to help. I have tried different cords and different guitars and it still buzzes. The other band mates play peavey and their amps are quite (they sound like crap, but they are quiet). HELP! Frustrated in Alaska…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I am playing a Marshall VS265 and the excess noise is killing me. I even pick up radio stations on this beast. On the distortion channel the buzz is really loud. If I stand just right and stuff the cord in my pocket it seems to help. I have tried different cords and different guitars and it still buzzes. The other band mates play peavey and their amps are quite (they sound like crap, but they are quiet). HELP! Frustrated in Alaska… I have a Marshall Valvestate "VS265 (stereo chorus)" and like you this amp sound greate but this buz sound is just too much. I discovered that if I use a gate on the loop I can stop it when I’m not playing. I’m also in the habbit of using a volume pedal in the loop as weel. But now I seem to have a different problem that came about. The other day "during a jam" the sound, all of sudden, changed and I don’t know why. The amp is new? The level is goo (25 to 35% volume) and it seems to clipp and it is now not as it was?

Anonymous

: Replace your tube,(12AX7) make sure you have an excellent quality instrument cable and go from there. : I am playing a Marshall VS265 and the excess noise is killing me. I even pick up radio stations on this beast. On the distortion channel the buzz is really loud. If I stand just right and stuff the cord in my pocket it seems to help. I have tried different cords and different guitars and it still buzzes. The other band mates play peavey and their amps are quite (they sound like crap, but they are quiet). HELP! Frustrated in Alaska… : I have a Marshall Valvestate "VS265 (stereo chorus)" and like you this amp sound greate but this buz sound is just too much. : I discovered that if I use a gate on the loop I can stop it when I’m not playing. I’m also in the habbit of using a volume pedal in the loop as weel. : But now I seem to have a different problem that came about. The other day "during a jam" the sound, all of sudden, changed and I don’t know why. The amp is new? : The level is goo (25 to 35% volume) and it seems to clipp and it is now not as it was?

Anonymous

Try replacing the tube. Also make sure your instrument cable is high quality. My 2 cents. : I am playing a Marshall VS265 and the excess noise is killing me. I even pick up radio stations on this beast. On the distortion channel the buzz is really loud. If I stand just right and stuff the cord in my pocket it seems to help. I have tried different cords and different guitars and it still buzzes. The other band mates play peavey and their amps are quite (they sound like crap, but they are quiet). HELP! Frustrated in Alaska… : I have a Marshall Valvestate "VS265 (stereo chorus)" and like you this amp sound greate but this buz sound is just too much. : I discovered that if I use a gate on the loop I can stop it when I’m not playing. I’m also in the habbit of using a volume pedal in the loop as weel. : But now I seem to have a different problem that came about. The other day "during a jam" the sound, all of sudden, changed and I don’t know why. The amp is new? : The level is goo (25 to 35% volume) and it seems to clipp and it is now not as it was?

Anonymous

I had a Marshall and when that happened to mine some stuff on the board had to be re-soldered. That’s all I know, they have bad circuitry sometimes.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.