Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Problems with my floyd rose system!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just bought a Jackson with a locking tremolo and it has been giving me trouble. I get it in tune perfectly.play a few riffs and its out of tune again.I dont know what the problem is. Pleese gimmi some help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I just bought a Jackson with a locking tremolo and it has been giving me trouble. I get it in tune perfectly.play a few riffs and its out of tune again.I dont know what the problem is. Pleese gimmi some help. The reply you had already is correct except don’t play a harmonic. play the string open. (use a tuner also)

Anonymous

well, dont worry, your problem is very common. You have to calibrate the size of the scale on each string. (sorry for my poor english but I do what I can…) 🙂 Play the harmonic on XII, first string. Tune it right. Then play the same note fretted: it must be right in tune… but seems that isnt, so your tremolo doesnt work. You must move the piece in the tremolo where the string fits; if the harmonic is lower than the note fretted, move the piece nearer to the neck. Repeat till the note fretted tunes the same than the harmonic. My english is really poor, isnt it? Email me if you want. If you are not sure to do this job, calling a luthier costs $10 no much more. Good luck! You should do this every time you change string gauge.

Anonymous

I am trying to calibrate a ESP guitar with a floyd rose, but I don’t know how.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.