Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 12 string tuning

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi all, I’ve got a Takamine EN10 12 string and like all 12 string guitars these days it seems to have been constructed to be tuned to full concert pitch. I would like to tune it down to c sharp (2 tones)but it rattles and buzzes like hell when I do. Any suggestions? Would heavier strings help? If so any suggestions as to string guage.
    Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hi all, I’ve got a Takamine EN10 12 string and like all 12 string guitars these days it seems to have been constructed to be tuned to full concert pitch. I would like to tune it down to c sharp (2 tones)but it rattles and buzzes like hell when I do. Any suggestions? Would heavier strings help? If so any suggestions as to string guage. : Thanks Yes, heavier strings would help. Try going up two gauges (i.e. from XL to M), if you started at M you’ll have to figure an alternative and start buying some singles. I’d say at minimum a pair of .013’s for the high E (well, C#), .017’s for the B, and then .026/.009, .036/.016, .046/.024 .056/.032 I’d try to make the small A string a wound one at such a low tension too….

Anonymous

: : Hi all, I’ve got a Takamine EN10 12 string and like all 12 string guitars these days it seems to have been constructed to be tuned to full concert pitch. I would like to tune it down to c sharp (2 tones)but it rattles and buzzes like hell when I do. Any suggestions? Would heavier strings help? If so any suggestions as to string guage. : : Thanks : Yes, heavier strings would help. Try going up two gauges (i.e. from XL to M), if you started at M you’ll have to figure an alternative and start buying some singles. I’d say at minimum a pair of .013’s for the high E (well, C#), .017’s for the B, and then .026/.009, .036/.016, .046/.024 .056/.032 I’d try to make the small A string a wound one at such a low tension too…. Many thanks Steve,I’ll try that.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.