Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Re: may bell guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

: I found this on it. Don’t know if it helps, but it’s good info to read. http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/May-Bell/Parlor-01.html Copy and paste it in your browser/address bar.

: :
    : : I came across a may bell guitar dont know anything about it can someone who knows anything email me all I know about it is that its a pearlloid fingerboard stlye 0

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : I found this on it. Don’t know if it helps, but it’s good info to read. http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/May-Bell/Parlor-01.html Copy and paste it in your browser/address bar. : : : : : : I came across a may bell guitar dont know anything about it can someone who knows anything email me all I know about it is that its a pearlloid fingerboard stlye 0 I was told by Vernon McIntire of the Old Tyme Music Company in Cincinnati that the May Bell was made between 1931 and 1935. He told me there were two sizes, a small and a large. I have the smaller one that sounds classic 1930’s.

Anonymous

: : does anyone know how to emulate metallica’s sound? : Guitar : Any guitar with 2 humbuckers (single coils donĀ“t sound right) like Jackson, Ibanez, ESP, BCRich, Gibson. : Amp settings : Dist/Gain 10 , Bass 10 , Mid 0 , Treb 10 . If you turn up the mids to 5 you get a slayer sound. : Try a Marshall Shredmaster (or what they call it now – mine is 5 years old). They have a contour poti that allows you to adjust the mids very effectively and get a big variety of distorted tones. : If you have lots of money : Metallica uses ESP guitars with EMG pickups and Mesa Boogie amps (The amp is the important factor). : Btw, on the older albums guitar is tuned to E, on the newer albums (starting from LOAD I think) to Eb. : I hope that helped you a little bit. : Ron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.