Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Gretsch 1650 / Supro 1606

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike While I have no experience with the Gretch 1650, I do have some experience with the Supro 1610, not your 1606. I love the my Supro 1610 for that true vintage tube sparkle. IT IS THE REAL THING! I’m surprised that Supro’s are not more collected.. I’ll take any Supro I can get my hands on. With only about 5 or 6 watts output they will still scream. I play a mexican made Fender Strat through mine and the out of phase pickup positions have a real nice "pop." The sound will vary a lot depending upon what size speaker you use. With an 8" speaker you’ll get a pretty thin sound, but with a 12′ you get a full lush velvety feel. My original speaker was replaced before I got the amp. The distortion is nice and warm up to a point and at maximum volumes it’s a bit too broken-up. I’m thinking about miking the Supro and running the mic through a power-amp with all the effects, reverb, etc. The Supro is a blast. Have fun and see ya, Silky John Perrin.

Anonymous

: : Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike :I double checked the model # of my Supro, and it is a 1616T. My mistake.

Anonymous

: : : i use a 1962 supro 1606 for harp incredible tone ! but must be miked for volume liveDoes anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike : :I double checked the model # of my Supro, and it is a 1616T. My mistake.

Anonymous

: : : Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike : :I double checked the model # of my Supro, and it is a 1616T. My mistake.Mike Mike… I have the same amp, 1616T, but use it for guitar and the sound is very glassy and clean. Probably would make a nice HARP amp. My tech said that if you don’t use the tremelo you can take the 12ax7 near the middle of amp out and it will slightly give it a boost cause you are not running any signal thru the tremelo circut. Worked for me. I don’t play harp but have actually seen a bluegrass guy play harp thru the same amp and it sounded great. I guess the real ticket here would be a good harp microphone. Good Luck Guitarguy

Anonymous

: : : : Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike : : :I double checked the model # of my Supro, and it is a 1616T. My mistake.Mike : Mike… : I have the same amp, 1616T, but use it for guitar and the sound is very glassy and clean. Probably would make a nice HARP amp. : My tech said that if you don’t use the tremelo you can take the 12ax7 near the middle of amp out and it will slightly give it a boost cause you are not running any signal thru the tremelo circut. Worked for me. : I don’t play harp but have actually seen a bluegrass guy play harp thru the same amp and it sounded great. I guess the real ticket here would be a good harp microphone. : Good Luck : Guitarguy I have a Supro 1616T I was thinking about selling. What is it worth?

Anonymous

does anyone know a link where i can learn more about the valco/supro 1616t – chicago 51? : : : Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike : :I double checked the model # of my <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Supro</B>, and it is a <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">1616T</B>. My mistake.

Anonymous

: : Does anyone have experince with these amps, specifically for amplified harmonica? Want a low watt, 8" speaker vintage amp. Would appreciate any info. Mike I might add that Jimmy Page recorded the first 2 Led Zeppelin albums with a Supro amp.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.