Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Washburn WT100

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anybody else in the world own one of these Red sunburst jobs. It is a beautiful Tele style guitar with Gibson style bride and EMG pickups.

All the trimmings. Is it USA made is anybody interested in one?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have one as well, mine is orange, but emgs and gotoh hardware, im trying to find out if mine is usa too, awesome guitar, but cant find info on it anywhere. Does anybody else in the world own one of these Red sunburst jobs. It is a beautiful Tele style guitar with Gibson style bride and EMG pickups. : All the trimmings. Is it USA made is anybody interested in one?

Anonymous

: : I have one as well, mine is orange, but emgs and gotoh hardware, im trying to find out if mine is usa too, awesome guitar, but cant find info on it anywhere. : Does anybody else in the world own one of these Red sunburst jobs. It is a beautiful Tele style guitar with Gibson style bride and EMG pickups. : : All the trimmings. Is it USA made is anybody interested in one?

Anonymous

For info, go the the Washburn Archive site https://www.washburn.com/about-washburn-guitars/ Scroll down to the “Year of Manufacture” and click monn 1988 and 1989. They have some limited info on the models and colors for those years.

Anonymous

My Friend has a Washburn WT-100. He wants to know what it is worth. The guitar is designed by Grover Jackson and is a Peavy Wolfgang – like Bill T Series , USA. Any idea what its current value is ?

Anonymous

: Does anybody else in the world own one of these Red sunburst jobs. It is a beautiful Tele style guitar with Gibson style bride and EMG pickups. : All the trimmings. Is it USA made is anybody interested in one? I have a WT100. I use to work at Wash/Burn. It was made in Korea. They play great and look just as cool. They were making them in the late 80’s and early 90’s. They stop making them because it was too expencive to make and they were not selling. I got one out of the Owner personal collection.

Anonymous

I have a 1989 WT-90 which is a more plain version of the WT-100. The only difference is that the WT-90 has an opaque pearl white paint job instead of the translucent figured wood of the WT-100. You are right, these guitars are few and far between. I have only seen a couple of them. These guitars were built in Japan in 1988 and 89. They are made of western soft maple bodies and eastern hardrock maple necks and an ebony fingerboard with 24 frets. The tune-o-matic bridge and tuning keys are gold plated and it has string through body behind the bridge instead of a stop tailpiece. The pickups are active EMG style but say Washburn on the black covers. The guitar takes two 9 volt batteries to run the pickups. I bought mine used and dinged up, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. It plays super smooth and fast and sounds awesome.

Anonymous

I was looking thru the paperwork and was looking on the web for some info. I bought mine in 1990, but I thought the humbuckers on it were Seymour Duncan’s- pretty sure. Great guitar. Why more guitars don’t use a battery preamp stage like the WT100 makes me wonder. Split coil humbuckers make it really a great all around sounding guitar.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.