Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Bill Lawrence tone Q,tone L, and LCR filters ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone tell how Bill Lawrence tone Q, tone L,and LCR filters
    work. I want to put a tone Q into a Les Paul neck pickup. What
    should I expect from the tone Q, or the other filters?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Can anyone tell how Bill Lawrence tone Q, tone L,and LCR filters : work. I want to put a tone Q into a Les Paul neck pickup. What : should I expect from the tone Q, or the other filters? I can only tell you about the Tone L Filter. It’s an inductor that can be used between hot and earth direct or with a series .02/.01 cap. An inductor basically drains off (filters) the midrange, leaving top/bottom only. The cap is a means of controlling the extent of the drain off/filtering. I ran this on my Les Paul for years with the .01uf cap. It did give a hollow Jazzy tone when set between 3-4 on the tone. I had one tone as a master treble cut (as normal on Les Paul’s but for both PU’s on mine) and one tone control as the midrange cut (Tone L Filter). The filter can take away all the bite if not matched via cap and knob setting. Where did you hear about these filters as I am also looking for more info. Mick in Oz

Anonymous

: : Can anyone tell how Bill Lawrence tone Q, tone L,and LCR filters : : work. I want to put a tone Q into a Les Paul neck pickup. What : : should I expect from the tone Q, or the other filters? : I can only tell you about the Tone L Filter. It’s an inductor that can be used between hot and earth direct or with a series .02/.01 cap. An inductor basically drains off (filters) the midrange, leaving top/bottom only. The cap is a means of controlling the extent of the drain off/filtering. I ran this on my Les Paul for years with the .01uf cap. It did give a hollow Jazzy tone when set between 3-4 on the tone. I had one tone as a master treble cut (as normal on Les Paul’s but for both PU’s on mine) and one tone control as the midrange cut (Tone L Filter). The filter can take away all the bite if not matched via cap and knob setting. : Where did you hear about these filters as I am also looking for more info. : Mick in Oz A Q-filter and an L-filter were just removed from my LP Deluxe. Guitar sounded great with them, haven’t yet heard it without them.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.