Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Norma Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just purchased a 3/4 size Norma accoustic guitar from a flea market. Are these rare? I’ve never heard of one before. It’s not in the best condition, but I fell in love with it anyway! Does anyone know anything about it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have an acoustic guitar with the name “Norma” inlayed in pearl on the head, it also has the same pearl color along the neck. Does anyone know anything about this kind of guitar? The approx. year & value? I do not know anything about it so any info would be a great help…thanks in advance…Terry

Anonymous

I have a Norma acoustic 12 string. I have had this guitar for 37 years. I think it is the best sounding comfortable guitar, as do a lot of my friends that play. A lot of posts out there will tell you they are cheap toys ( and some may be ) but mine has held up this long and there is no way I would ever get rid of it. I have played it professionally and now just for my own enjoyment.

Anonymous

I have a Norma acoustic that was my fathers. It is in perfect condition. I can’t even find a scratch on it. However the neck is warped. Can anyone enlighten me on it’s value? There are no markings on it anywhere, not even in the sound hole. It simply says “Norma” on the head stock. I really don’t have any interest in selling it as it is a very sentimental piece in my collection.

Anonymous

: I just purchased a 3/4 size Norma accoustic guitar from a flea market. Are these rare? I’ve never heard of one before. It’s not in the best condition, but I fell in love with it anyway! Does anyone know anything about it? I remember these from the mid 60’s when I was little and started playing. They were very inexpensive guitars sold in discount stores like the recently defunct Brand Names Sales here in New York, as well as Woolworths, JC Penny etc. I had a dreadnought size Norma guitar that my dad bought for me for about $30. The neck warped pretty bad on it so I traded it in for a Gretsch Double Anniversary with my paper route money floating the difference. They were very common back then, I wouldn’t put heavy gauge strings on it since I don’t think the truss rods have a lot of meat to them. I remember mine from about 1964-1965, I think they were made in Japan back then. Yours probably has a steel tailpiece and a very "boxy" but cool sound. There’s an excellent player/teacher up my way who uses his Norma Stella for acoustic slide work. If you can send me a pic of yours I might be able to guess a manufacture date.

Anonymous

Howdy… I "ran across" a Norma back in 1976 in Arizona. I love her. Many guitars have come and gone out of my life, but Norma stays. I can E-mail a picture if anyone is interested. She has a sunburst patern and inlaid "long horn" bridge..real pretty! Almost all of the original ivory around the neck and body is there, and Norma’s original mother of pearl inlay on her head is still perfect. I need to do some fret filing, but otherwise, she is still wonderful.

Anonymous

I picked up a Norma classical at a garage sale up the street for $2 because they thought it was broke because it had no strings. Best $2 Ive ever spent. Its by far my favourite guitar. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be a good guitar, but it sounds great, is so easy to play and has held up really well. Everyone who has ever played it comments on how much they like it.

Anonymous

: I "inherited" a norma electric that my uncle got in ’62 used. I don’t know anything about it and I would like to know if anyone knows of any sites that could tell me more about them. Any information would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Yeah, my mother gave me one in the mid 70’s. I didn’t know how to play and the guitar was low average at best. But it was still pretty damn cool! Sorry about the double post, still learning the ropes over here.

Anonymous

: : I just purchased a 3/4 size Norma accoustic guitar from a flea market. Are these rare? I’ve never heard of one before. It’s not in the best condition, but I fell in love with it anyway! Does anyone know anything about it? : I remember these from the mid 60’s when I was little and started playing. They were very inexpensive guitars sold in discount stores like the recently defunct Brand Names Sales here in New York, as well as Woolworths, JC Penny etc. I had a dreadnought size Norma guitar that my dad bought for me for about $30. The neck warped pretty bad on it so I traded it in for a Gretsch Double Anniversary with my paper route money floating the difference. They were very common back then, I wouldn’t put heavy gauge strings on it since I don’t think the truss rods have a lot of meat to them. : I remember mine from about 1964-1965, I think they were made in Japan back then. Yours probably has a steel tailpiece and a very "boxy" but cool sound. There’s an excellent player/teacher up my way who uses his Norma Stella for acoustic slide work. If you can send me a pic of yours I might be able to guess a manufacture date. Thanks! I’m taking off a really ugly layer of colored varnish (what were they thinking?) from the top presently, so I have the old strings off and plan to put new ones on. I appreciate the tip on heavy gauge strings.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.