Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 7 STRING + DUAL RECTIFIER . What is the secret to get a good sound?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I´ve got a Ibanez 7621 guitar , with DiMarzio Blaze pickups , and a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier. The thing is that I don´t really like this sound , I think it´s quite muddy , and I don´t know why.
    Should I change the pickups/strings…?
    Should I change the EQ ?
    Should i buy new stuff like gates , compressors , or something?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

the 7621 are decent guitars, I have a couple in my collection. beware the 74xx series or any Ibanez made in Korea for that matter. as for ‘shitty wood’ and the fact they have bolt-on necks? don’t listen to this crazyness. the wood quality is fine & I have some bolt-on necks that are more rigid than some of my Gibson, Jackson USA and Pagan neck throughs. don’t fall for marketing hype. : Should I change the pickups/strings…? possible. I thought the blaze pickups were okay but I do love EMGs for replacements. Ibanezes Q series pickups are excellent but they don’t have a 7 string version still! : Should I change the EQ ? try Dave’s EQ settings as well as others. if you can’t get the tone you want, maybe the rectifier is a dud. remember, if you line 4 of the same model amps up next to each other, chances are they’re not going to all sound the same. : Should i buy new stuff like gates , compressors , or something? yikes, get your dry tone right first. if EQ value tweaking doesn’t work, the cheapest mod is new pickups. if it still blows, dump the rectifier. try a different one, or a Bogner or Rivera. as my old guitar tech used to say: "it’s not what it says on the nameplate or headstock, or how much it costs, it’s whether you like the sound and feel or not!" # Daryl

Anonymous

: hey man whats up, ibanez guitars are not to good for tone in the first place, they use shitty wood and do not make neck thru bodys. but you can change the pickups to emg’s get the ones for 7 string guitars. and on your rectifier use the dirty channel with this eq setting,presence 7, bass 6, mids 4, treble 9, gain 7 and a half, on the back of the amp switch the mode to modern, switch from silicone diode to normal vaccum tubes, and the third switch go from spongy to bold. this eq setting will give you sizzle and enough low end with definition and clarity,and when you change the pickups it will sound even better. if you have any questions e-mail me i own a new 3 channel triple rec and a triaxis with a strategy 400 mesa power amp i know a lot about boogies, they are the best amp on the market .you must tweak them and you will never stop learning with them , you always find new sounds with them. active pickups go hand in hand with boogies for metal players.follow that eq and you will fall in love with the amp.

Anonymous

THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH!!! I REALLY APRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!THANK YOU ,AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Anonymous

So, basically, get a different amp and send your dual rec to me. E-mail me, and I’ll tell you where to send it to. Those things are garbage, and I speacilize in properly disposing of tube amplifiers properly. If they are not, the components contain some nasty stuff that’ll do a lot of environmental damage.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.