Norman electric

Posted by Travis on Sat, 10/13/01 - 11:35:19.
Advertisement

I've recently aquired a Norman Electric guitar. The only info I've been able to find about it is that it's Canadian made by La Si Do, and it was a limited production line in the mid 1970's. La Si Do does not have any info on it, as they say all documents relating to the electric was burned when there was a fire at the factory.
I am looking in particular for any schematic drawings of the wiring, as the previous owner butchered the electronics in it.

The guitar's woodworking is phenominal, and it's a great sounding axe, also very easy to play.

Anybody who has info, I would really appreciate it!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Norman electric

: I've recently aquired a Norman Electric guitar. The only info I've been able to find about it is that it's Canadian made by La Si Do, and it was a limited production line in the mid 1970's. La Si Do does not have any info on it, as they say all documents relating to the electric was burned when there was a fire at the factory.
: I am looking in particular for any schematic drawings of the wiring, as the previous owner butchered the electronics in it.

: The guitar's woodworking is phenominal, and it's a great sounding axe, also very easy to play.

: Anybody who has info, I would really appreciate it!
Hi! Norman Electric Guitar were made by Claude Boucher, son of Norman Boucher in LaPatrie, province of Quebec, Canada. Norman Boucher was the ownwe and founder of the Norman Guitar Cie.
I don`t know a thing about LaReDo cie. I only know that The Boucher familie sold the cie and it became after that The Godin Guitar Cie. They have an web site. May be you can find the information you need there.
I know this is no big help, but it`s the only thing i can do.
Good luck!
Dominic

: : I've recently aquired a Norman Electric guitar. The only info I've been able to find about it is that it's Canadian made by La Si Do, and it was a limited production line in the mid 1970's. La Si Do does not have any info on it, as they say all documents relating to the electric was burned when there was a fire at the factory.
: : I am looking in particular for any schematic drawings of the wiring, as the previous owner butchered the electronics in it.

: : The guitar's woodworking is phenominal, and it's a great sounding axe, also very easy to play.

: : Anybody who has info, I would really appreciate it!
: Hi! Norman Electric Guitar were made by Claude Boucher, son of Norman Boucher in LaPatrie, province of Quebec, Canada. Norman Boucher was the ownwe and founder of the Norman Guitar Cie.
: I don`t know a thing about LaReDo cie. I only know that The Boucher familie sold the cie and it became after that The Godin Guitar Cie. They have an web site. May be you can find the information you need there.
: I know this is no big help, but it`s the only thing i can do.
: Good luck!
: Dominic

Hello,
Ive had a Norman Electric for a while now as well and am still on a continous search for more info on them i will not post to much as i dought you still check but feel free to email me if nessaciary there is one web site i can give you.

June 10th 2004
Is it a Norman GX. I would like to here more about the model, the key, pickups and so on.

Do you still need a wiring diagram?
What arrangement does your Norman have? I just rewired mine. It's a dual humbucker with 2 tone and 2 volume controls and a 3 way switch. Mine wasn't too badly butchered so I used a Gibson wiring diagram as Gibson pickups have 5 wires like the pickups in my Norman. I could send you a modified diagram if you like.
These are fantastic guitars. My main axe now.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.