Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Framus Nashville bassguitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

I got a Framus Nashville bassguitar a while ago, is it a good bass and what’s it value?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

What a surprise that there are more Framus bassgitar-lovers. I’ve a Framus Nashville for more than 25 years now. I think it was about 1978 when I got one for about (now) € 450,-. The sound is warm, the weight: heavy! I use it for gospel and jazz. When I visited Musik Produktive (Ibbenbühren, D) I found a six-string electric gitar form Framus in the same version in the museum, behind glass. It would be nice to hear more about Nashville-players!

Anonymous

: Hi, I used to play a Nashville Bass in the mid to late seventies – it was an excellent workhorse and I would always consider buying one if I saw one. Framus also sold a Nashville six string guitar which was very pretty indeed! Happy playing Alan : I got a Framus Nashville bassguitar a while ago, is it a good bass and what’s it value?

Anonymous

: Hi, : I got a Framus Nashville bassguitar a while ago, is it a good bass and what’s it value? I think it is a good bass guitar. Framus used to be a class A brand. Don’t know about the price. Bought mine 15 years ago for 450 dutch guilders..

Anonymous

Hi. I’ve had one for around 15 years now. It’s in beautiful condition but weighs a ton. I’ve only used it for recording so far and only a little of that as I’m primarily a slide guitar player. I work with Martin Turner [ex-Wishbone Ash bassist] who describes the bass as ‘wacky’. Other bass playing pals have either loved it or found the tone controls weird to get used to. I personally love it as the tones are rich but very resonant. I keep a set of flatwound strings to deaden the sound where necessary as the resonance can get a bit much if you want a bit of ‘top’ on it. But back off the trble tone control around half way and you’ll be amazed how versatile and rich it is. As for value – I would find it very hard to part with but have to confess I only paid £80 sterling for it when I bought it. I think any guitar is worth what someone will pay for it. Smartass comment I know but if someone wants one enough, and they recognise rarity and quality, it’s a marketable intrument. And solid enough to pierce armour plate!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.