Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guitar players

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Several days ago I inquired as too an A–Z list of great quitar artists from Geoff Nicholson at Hitsquad and surprisingly there is no such thing available,so I sent him a short list of my own that I had made several months ago.
    I am not interested in bands just the artists that play accoustic,electric,and steel guitar from any era that includes Classical,Classic Rock and Roll,Hard Rock,Heavy Metal,Country-Western,Swing,Rythemn and Blues,Flamenco,and Jazz.
    The following is my list that I sent him.
    Marc Antoine,Chet Atkins,Jeff Beck,George Benson,Charo
    Eric Clapton,Roy Clark,Stanley Clark,Eddie Cochran,
    Wayne Cochran,Albert Cook,Robert Cray,Bo Diddley,Duane
    Eddie,Lita Ford,Buddy Guy,Jimmi Hendrix,Stanley Jourdan
    Albert King,B.B.King,Mark Knoffler,Otmar Liebert,Buck Owens,Jimmy Page,Lee Roy Parnell,Les Paul,Carl Perkins, Brian Setzer,Marty Stewart,George Thorogood,Travis Tritt,Eddie Van Halen,Jerry Vaughan,Stevie Ray Vaughan,
    Steve Wariner and John Williams
    Geoff mentioned that I had forgotten John Lennon and George Harrison.
    If anyone is interested and has a list of their own send it alng just for fun.
    Richard Baird

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just have a quick question….. Why not Phil Keaggy? He’s incredible. I was totally impressed with the fact that you included Mark Knoffler I think he’s one of the best out there. I completely agree with our awesome choices though I would just include Phil Keaggy

Anonymous

There is a guy named TREVOR RABIN that many people have not heard of, he played with YES on there more popular stuff. He is one of the cleanest, fastest, and most creative guitarists I ahve heard. He has a solo CD out that is in the style of music from the ROCK era, and is a work of art. the guitar work is absolutely beyond human ability. i suggest adding him to your list

Anonymous

DUDE YOU FORGOT KIRK HAMMETT (Metallica) He was voted Guitarist of the year by Guitar World Magazine.You also forgot Dave Murray and Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden)My God Man THIS IS MADNESS!!! Include these guys and your list will be complete.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.