Seagull 12 string

Posted by BOB PIERCE on Wed, 11/28/01 - 14:29:48.

I recently purchased a S12+ Seagull guitar from a guy at the Canton, Texas Flea Market for $200. and it is great! I had not even heard of these fanatastic guitars until I purchased mine. The neck is narrow and the action is low and easy. I am a beginner at age 54
and i now play along with two other pickers and my wife in keyboard during our church services. Has anyone else experienced the Seagull? bob

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Seagull 12 string

A friend of mine had one of their 12 strings. I thought it was a great guitar, and the kind I would get if I ever get another acoustic.

I've got a 6-string Seagull that I just love. I've got a very expensive Tacoma that I also like,
although the tones are very different. The Seagulls, in my opinion, are the best in their
price range. Thay are manufactured by the Lasido Company in a small village in Canada.
They also manufacture Simon & Patrick, and Godin guitars.
Most of them have a solid cedar top with a very thin coat of lacquer, and that combination
lets the top be very touch-responsive. They have a wide 1.80" neck. Seagulls are good for
just about any style you play, and terrific for fingerpicking.
Silky John Perrin

I've owned my Seagull 12 for about 4 or 5 years now and its the best value 12 I could find. I own Tak's Fenders, Washburns, Tune's and I still come back to the Seagull even when I don't need to play a 12 string. Only complaint I have is that feedback is hard to control on stage even when going through FOH and using a feedback buster. Enjoy your playing experience - get with friends - join a club. All the best from Down Under.

bob:

those seagull's are great guitars. i'd love to get my hands on one of those 12-string from them. and damn, you really got it cheap! taylor make excellent guitars, but way more expensive. best luck and let me know if you come across another one of those seagulls!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.