Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Rogue Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a rouge ra 090 and I can not find the serial number

Anonymous

Hello. I recently bought a Rogue LX-200 BF fretless bass in Pearl Black. According to Quora.com, Rogue is made by Sunbo, in South Korea. In their modern manufacturing facility, using the latest guitar-making technology. Rogue is the house brand for Musician’s Friend. The name Rogue was chosen because Musician’s Friend’s office is located near the Rogue River in Oregon, USA. I love my Rogue fretless, and planning numerous mods to make a good instrument better. Just my 2p.

Anonymous

I just stumbled upon a Rogue RP250. I have played guitar for 50+ years. American Fenders. Japanese Fenders. 50’s-60’s Vintage Fenders. American Gibsons and so on. This Rogue RP250 outshines them all. I am stunned by the playability of this instrument.
      Its a set neck PRS copy. Laminated archtop solid body (yes I said laminated) dual humbuckers with gold hardware. Supposedly made early on (mid 90’s) when Rogue first began offering guitars. I currently own 30 guitars. If I had to get rid of all of them but one, I would choose to keep the Rogue RP250. It dispels ALL the guitar BS myths you hear and read about.

Anonymous

Despite many claims posted all over the internet, Sungbo (or ‘Sunbo”, as some have misspelled it) Industrial does not make musical instruments of any kind. They are strictly an industrial parts and machinery manufacturing company and there is no evidence anywhere of them having ever made ANY musical instruments. Some evidence points to early Rogue guitars being manufactured by Samick in Korea and then the Grand Rewards Factory in China later on, when the original Korean line was discontinued and revived with different specifications, with manufacturing now taking place in China. This change was probably made due to the rising costs of manufacturing that was occurring in South Korea.

Anonymous

…I have a Rogue AE100 that I’ve played for more than twenty years. It’s a Korean made one and I always tell folks that if I could only keep one guitar it’d be that one. I got it new, don’t remember what year, swapped a Peavey amp for it…

Anonymous

I bought a Rogue 4 string Fender Jazz Bass copy +22 yrs ago and it has the best tone/sustain/stays in tune that I’ve Ever experienced. I don’t know if they make them any different now?/probably. I’ve got/play an Ibanez sr600 because it weighs 7.5lbs versus 9.5lbs… but when I’m alone w/Rogue Bass it still blows my mind how it sounds, better than the Ibanez anyday/way. Not many people give a sh*t these days ~ when they plug in & turn up to #11. Oh yeah that sounds good… haha.

Anonymous

My son owns 6 various guitars, hollow bodies, accoustics, electrics,a 12 string. His Rogue resonator is still his one “go to ” guitar.

Anonymous

WEll, i want to buy a Rogue Guitar and Bass guitar : Rogue AE100 Acoustic-Electric Cutaway – Gloss Black US$ 200.00 (new) Plus Rogue SX100B 4-string Electric Bass – Black US$ 79.99 (new) and Rogue RB-30B 30W Bass Combo Amp US$ 89.99 (new) SO…..i want to know how they are ? are they good ? best ? Excelent ? Quality, Sound, Look, Easy to use, Please help me to desire…I just got US $ 400.00 to buy an Electro/acoustic guitar, bass gitar and bass guit Amp(more than 20 watts). please helppppp …. desire or to make another buy another brans. please people help !

Anonymous

: Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! Don’t….Don’t….DON’T!

Anonymous

: : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! I’ve seen that same ad from Musician’s Friend. It looked tempting, but as the old adage goes "If it looks too good to be true…". Frankly, the idea of buying a guitar by mail seems very iffy, no matter what the return policy is. Wait a month, save a little more money and shop at your local new or used guitar shop. Hands-on is the only way to know if you’re gonna like the guitar. : Don’t….Don’t….DON’T!

Anonymous

well Lina, i have heard several rumours that there are quite a number of people running around claiming to be me lately, well not really lately, its been going on for a while, but im just hoping youre not one of them, and honestly, there really is no such thing as a rogue guitar. do you have a link to a site that is trying to sell them? dont beleive that guy wayne either, hes just trying to pump sunshine up your skirt darlin. would i lie to you? Lena Finley USGC

Anonymous

look LENA, you are dead wrong. i just bought a rogue acoustic/electric resonator guitar for my boyfriend through musician’s friend and he loves it. he says it feels great and i know it sounds great. maybe you should find out a little more information next time.

Anonymous

: Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena

Anonymous

I’ve never played on a Rogue electric guitar and I don’t really plan on it as I have a Dillion which is about as good as a Gibson. However, from what I have heard from fellow musicians, Rogue makes some really good bass guitars. They’re much better (as far as sound and feel) than the Fender Squire bass guitars.

Anonymous

: : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! : Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena yes, there is such a thing and im thinkin of buying the left handed black acousitc they have. i myslef am wondering if this guitar is worth buying. if anyone has any info please ket me know. thanx alot!

Anonymous

Rogue must not be all that bad if Artist like Dolly Parton, Merlinda Lambert, are signing their Autograph on them.E-bay has a good line of them. I’m just stuck on the Gibson sound.

Anonymous

: : : I just got a "Rogue Acoustic Guitar" for my b-day, so there …. p.s check ya facts

Anonymous

: : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! : Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena yes, there is such a thing and im thinkin of buying the left handed balck electric they have. i myslef am wondering if this guitar is worth buying. if anyone has any info please ket me know. thanx alot!

Anonymous

To Whom it may Concern: I am opening a variety shop and need to find out how to get a wholesale catolog of Rogue products. Thank You

Anonymous

: : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! : Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena I have a Rogue ST-3 electric guitar (looks like a Fender Stratocaster) I bought about a year ago through Musicians Friend. The price was reasonable and it plays quite well.

Anonymous

: : : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! : : Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena : : I have a Rogue ST-3 electric guitar (looks like a Fender Stratocaster) I bought about a year ago through Musicians Friend. The price was reasonable and it plays quite well. I have a rogue ebony rps paul reed smith style great guitar for the money

Anonymous

: : : : Hey! Does any body know anything about Rogue Guitars? I’m thinking about buying one off of Musicians Friend, the AE100 it is an Acoustic Electric Cutaway. Do you know if they sound any good or In comparison to what guitar they sound like? Thanksx! : : : Lina, i dont beleive there is such a thing as a rogue guitar. sorry. Lena : : : : I have a Rogue ST-3 electric guitar (looks like a Fender Stratocaster) I bought about a year ago through Musicians Friend. The price was reasonable and it plays quite well. I have a rogue ebony rps paul reed smith style great guitar for the money I own 5 Rogue guitars and they are very good specially for the price you will not be dissapointed and Musiciansfriend.com is an exellant company to work with.

Anonymous

hey, i’m looking at the same guitar. email me if you find anything out, because i found this message on a search engine so i probably won’t come here again.

Anonymous

Hello,

I have a Rogue Guitar AE100. I love it! If you have questions about it, write to me anytime. Norm… [email protected]

Anonymous

Lena, Rogue guitars are an inexpensive line of guitars produced by Squier. Squier is the overseas version of Fender’s Stratocaster, Telecaster models, and the excellent Stagemasters models. Bullets are also manufactured by Squier, and they are very similar to the Rogue models. The bodies are made of laminated woods (basically a type of ply wood). They are good beginner’s guitars, but for just a few dollars more, you can purchase a Squier Affinity series (which has a solid Alder body), or Squier Standard series (which has a thicker body). The latest versions of the Squier Affinity series are excellent guitars and very well made. In fact, they seriously compete with genuine Fenders (made in Mexico), and I’ve even seen one or two that were every bit as good both in playability and tone as the Made in USA Fenders. There is another line of guitars that are inexpensive on some of the auction sites, and are reasonably priced from online dealers. The brand is Raven (manufactured in Korea)and the quality is unbelievable. They are every bit as good or better as the "genuine" brands and models they emulate. For instance, I have a Raven RM2000 which emulates a Gibson Les Paul Standard Lite. The Raven is better both in playability and tone (solid Mahogany body and set Mahogany neck), and the fit and finish rival a Paul Reed Smith. In fact, I’d venture to say the finish is better on the Raven. I purchased my Raven on eBay for $180.00, and the "genuine" Gibson is close to $2,000.00. For a beginner or less advanced player, I’d highly recommend the Raven (which you won’t outgrow and is a truly superior product), the Squier by Fender series, or Yamaha Pacifica series. I would avoid the Rogue guitars as they are about as "cheap" (construction-wise) as you can get. If you’re looking for decent to high quality instruments at entry level prices, don’t be afraid to consider famous "no-name" brands as well. Go to: http:\\www.Rondomusic\bigstep.com, and check out their catalog. Their instruments and customer service are all top notch. In fact, their Tele copy (EG-100 @ $109.00) is a much better version of a Telecaster than the Jay Turser, Johnson, Galveston, Karera or other clones. I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Wayne

Anonymous

thank you wayne for your informative posting; however i beleive it was the originator of the question whose name is "LINA" that you were intending to communicate with. She is not me. Sincerely, Lena Finley : Lena, : Rogue guitars are an inexpensive line of guitars produced by Squier. Squier is the overseas version of Fender’s Stratocaster, Telecaster models, and the excellent Stagemasters models. Bullets are also manufactured by Squier, and they are very similar to the Rogue models. The bodies are made of laminated woods (basically a type of ply wood). They are good beginner’s guitars, but for just a few dollars more, you can purchase a Squier Affinity series (which has a solid Alder body), or Squier Standard series (which has a thicker body). The latest versions of the Squier Affinity series are excellent guitars and very well made. In fact, they seriously compete with genuine Fenders (made in Mexico), and I’ve even seen one or two that were every bit as good both in playability and tone as the Made in USA Fenders. : There is another line of guitars that are inexpensive on some of the auction sites, and are reasonably priced from online dealers. The brand is Raven (manufactured in Korea)and the quality is unbelievable. They are every bit as good or better as the "genuine" brands and models they emulate. For instance, I have a Raven RM2000 which emulates a Gibson Les Paul Standard Lite. The Raven is better both in playability and tone (solid Mahogany body and set Mahogany neck), and the fit and finish rival a Paul Reed Smith. In fact, I’d venture to say the finish is better on the Raven. I purchased my Raven on eBay for $180.00, and the "genuine" Gibson is close to $2,000.00. : For a beginner or less advanced player, I’d highly recommend the Raven (which you won’t outgrow and is a truly superior product), the Squier by Fender series, or Yamaha Pacifica series. I would avoid the Rogue guitars as they are about as "cheap" (construction-wise) as you can get. If you’re looking for decent to high quality instruments at entry level prices, don’t be afraid to consider famous "no-name" brands as well. Go to: http:\\www.Rondomusic\bigstep.com, and check out their catalog. Their instruments and customer service are all top notch. In fact, their Tele copy (EG-100 @ $109.00) is a much better version of a Telecaster than the Jay Turser, Johnson, Galveston, Karera or other clones. : I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. : Wayne

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.