installing humbucker

Posted by drummer4gc on Sun, 12/09/01 - 22:37:17.

im going to be installing a humbucker in place of the bridge single pickup in a squier strat. can someone please give me instructions on how to do this? i just need to replace it, i dont need to wire it up for in phase or out of phase stuff. thanks
Drummer

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: installing humbucker

bassicaly you go as so
unstring your guitar, and take off the faceplate by undo-ing all of the screws. then take off the pickup selector, the pickups and your volume and tone knobs. then you will just have the plate. then what you have to do is cut the face plate where you want the pickup to go, using a fine hacksaw. messure it up first, then bore holes where the screws need to go. Unsolder your bridge pickup. Then resolder on the new one, making sure that center wire of the co-axial goes to the some place as the other one. Then just follow the same steps to put it all back togeather, is fairly easy

Re: installing humbucker

Hmm.You'll also need to change the POT from 250k to 500k.

and i do that how?

: Hmm.You'll also need to change the POT from 250k to 500k.

Whats the POT?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.