Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics HILGEN AMPLIFIERS

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info.

guitarguy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I am very intrested in purchasing a Hilgen amp in working and good condition.Please email me if you might be able to help me. Peace and Rock n Roll. J.HILL

Anonymous

i’v never heard of this amp untill the outher day whe i was driven down the road and saw an apm in the trash. i stoped and picked it up dirty as hell and stinks. so i took it home pluged it is a blam it WORKS sounds great. so now im on the look out to find out where it come from prices for em and all thaat good stuff. and one know give me an e-mail [email protected]

Anonymous

apparently hilgen amps or certain models were made by univox and marketed as hilgen or cavalier. univox was made both in the U.S. and in japan. thats what i know which isn’t much but seems slightly more than is seen here.

Anonymous

: I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : guitarguy Hi, I owned a Hilgen back in about 1967 in New England. It was a 2-12 mini-Bandmaster style amp and sounded pretty good. I recently purchased a Hilgen Meteor of E-Bay for $75 from a guy in Rhode Island and I can find no markings on where or when this was manufactured. I’m estimating the amp is 20-30 watts with six tubes and a single 12 inch speaker. Haven’t fired it up yet and it smells like it lived it’s life in a dive bar with the grill cloth all yellowed from tobacco smoke, whew! I’ll keep asking and searching but I vaguely remember they were manufactured in New Jersey some place but my memory isn’t that good after 35 years. Tim S.

Anonymous

Looking for a schematic for a Pro Model B2502 Thanks. Tom : : I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : : guitarguy : Hi, : I owned a Hilgen back in about 1967 in New England. It was a 2-12 mini-Bandmaster style amp and sounded pretty good. I recently purchased a Hilgen Meteor of E-Bay for $75 from a guy in Rhode Island and I can find no markings on where or when this was manufactured. I’m estimating the amp is 20-30 watts with six tubes and a single 12 inch speaker. Haven’t fired it up yet and it smells like it lived it’s life in a dive bar with the grill cloth all yellowed from tobacco smoke, whew! : I’ll keep asking and searching but I vaguely remember they were manufactured in New Jersey some place but my memory isn’t that good after 35 years. : Tim S.

Anonymous

: : I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : : guitarguy : Hi, : I owned a Hilgen back in about 1967 in New England. It was a 2-12 mini-Bandmaster style amp and sounded pretty good. I recently purchased a Hilgen Meteor of E-Bay for $75 from a guy in Rhode Island and I can find no markings on where or when this was manufactured. I’m estimating the amp is 20-30 watts with six tubes and a single 12 inch speaker. Haven’t fired it up yet and it smells like it lived it’s life in a dive bar with the grill cloth all yellowed from tobacco smoke, whew! : I’ll keep asking and searching but I vaguely remember they were manufactured in New Jersey some place but my memory isn’t that good after 35 years. : Tim S. Check out this site http://www.univox.org/amps/uniamp.html

Anonymous

: : : I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : : : guitarguy : : Hi, : : I owned a Hilgen back in about 1967 in New England. It was a 2-12 mini-Bandmaster style amp and sounded pretty good. I recently purchased a Hilgen Meteor of E-Bay for $75 from a guy in Rhode Island and I can find no markings on where or when this was manufactured. I’m estimating the amp is 20-30 watts with six tubes and a single 12 inch speaker. Haven’t fired it up yet and it smells like it lived it’s life in a dive bar with the grill cloth all yellowed from tobacco smoke, whew! : : I’ll keep asking and searching but I vaguely remember they were manufactured in New Jersey some place but my memory isn’t that good after 35 years. : : Tim S. : Check out this site : http://www.univox.org/amps/uniamp.html Gary P

Anonymous

Anyone have any information about Hilgen, an amp company that existed sometime around the 60s? Thanks……Lemme hear from ya!

Anonymous

: Anyone have any information about Hilgen, an amp company that existed sometime around the 60s? : Thanks……Lemme hear from ya!

Anonymous

I have a basso grande 17 watt all tube head. These to my best understanding were made in southern california in the early 60’s. The one I have has two channels and has a nice tone.

Anonymous

I am another guy looking for information on Hilgen amps. I was given one after doing some sound system work for a local church. It was filthy, but after I cleaned it up I found it was like brand new. There is little info. on it, but it has separate channels for guitar and bass, has a 15" speaker and 35 watts. All the controls are mounted in the top at the rear of the cabinet. It has a great sound!!! Would love any information anybody runs onto.

Anonymous

: I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : guitarguy

Anonymous

My very first amp was a Hilgen Basso Grande, a piggy-back 2 channel bass amp that had unique latches for attaching the head to the top of the 2-12" cabinet. I bought it "new" for about $165 in a pawn shop in Santa Monica California around 1966 or so. I even had vinyl slip covers for it. The head had the control panel across the bottom portion of the front panel. Each channel had high and low gain inputs plus volume and tone, and there was a rotary off/standby/on switch and a red jewel power indicator lamp. Both head and cabinet had black tolex-like covering, white grill cloth and I’d guess around 30 watts. I’ve only seen maybe 2 other Hilgens in all my years and know nothing more about them. I sold it about 20-25 years ago. : I see someone else is also looking for information on these amps. I have owned three of em and NOBODY seems to know where they came from. The name is GERMAN so maybe they are IMPORTS. Will post whenever I find any info. : : guitarguy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.