Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Fender Champ amp speaker ohm rating.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Everyone! I’m building a Fender blackface Champ amp from the 60’s, but can’t seem to find what ohm rating the speaker should be. 4 ohms, 8,ohms, 16 ohms? Help me out. -Todd

Related News
    Fender ’65 Super Reverb FSR Guitar Amp

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Everyone! I’m building a Fender blackface Champ amp from the 60’s, but can’t seem to find what ohm rating the speaker should be. 4 ohms, 8,ohms, 16 ohms? Help me out. -Todd my 69 champ uses a 3.2 ohm speaker

Anonymous

I have my Champ amp built and working, but something’s wrong with it. It sounds great but when I hit the strings really hard the amp not only cuts out but starts flipping out. A lot of static is created and it sounds similar to the annoying sound of a bad input jack. I’m thinking that the tubes may be driven to cutoff and saturation. I have tried different tubes and different speakers. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

: Everyone! I’m building a Fender blackface Champ amp from the 60’s, but can’t seem to find what ohm rating the speaker should be. 4 ohms, 8,ohms, 16 ohms? Help me out. -Todd Todd…Champs want a 4 ohm load…..

Anonymous

: : Everyone! I’m building a Fender blackface Champ amp from the 60’s, but can’t seem to find what ohm rating the speaker should be. 4 ohms, 8,ohms, 16 ohms? Help me out. -Todd : Todd…Champs want a 4 ohm load….. dude…….. this should be 4 ohms call.rodgers amp florida he knows….fender 1-239-649-8799

Anonymous

: : Everyone! I have a Fender blackface Bandmaster amp from the 65’s, but can’t seem to find what ohm rating the speaker should be. 4 ohms, 8,ohms, 16 ohms? Help me out. Arthur

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.