Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics epiphone el dorado?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi, can anyone tell me if the neck is dovetail, mine has a bolt on the inside block which i have removed, machine thread one end and wood screw the other end need to remove the neck as there is a crack in the heel.

Anonymous

I have one that has never seen work and has aged like the best. It looks like the fellows on you tube who paid $150 and installed the Fishman pick up. Mine is eye popping and the prettiest Blond with all the factory trimmings and care that was taken by Japanese luthiers of the early 1970s. The frets the cosmetics the action is all B+or better. All I can say is the guy that paid a hundred and a half stole that guitar. I have Gibsons, a Yairy’s, an Alvarez and have played it against others and it is equal to, or beats them all for workmanship, playing action and even the depth of it’s tone.

Anonymous

I purchased this guitar with case in 1974 for $175 at a music store on the southwest side of Chicago and have played it on and off for the last 44 years–it still has beautiful sound and is in great condition.– Just remember to detune the strings when you go to store it, polish it and lemon oil the fret board and this baby should last for a century–Plays well and has an enjoyable sound for an acoustic. I have a Fender 12, Strat, and Tele, couple of LPs, BB King Lucille, and an Ovation Oak leaf–and this guitar is still one of my favorites. As for dating it–Japan models started in the 70’s I believe and if yours has the made in Japan on a blue model label listing Kalamazoo, MI as the home office inside the body then it is probably in that 73-74 manufacture range.
      Enjoy it–I have for 44 years.

Anonymous

I own a pawn shop and stumbled across this thread while trying to identify the year of manufacture on an FT-350 we have for sale. It’s a nice guitar and I’ll take $300 for it. The serial number is 1162790 if that helps anyone identify it. Feel free to email [email protected] if interested.

Thanks

Anonymous

I am interested in buying these guitars. If you have or know someone who has one for sale I’m interested.

Anonymous

are you still looking for this guitar? if so give me a shout

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the necks on the 350bl are glue in or bolt on. Thanx much!

Anonymous

the neck on the BL350 are glued in

Anonymous

I have a FT 350BL, my parents bought for me in 1970. The SN as best as I can still read it from the worn down label is 831430. My bridge was a bolt on, from the factory. It is a fantastic instrument, has aged well thru 50 years of occasional to everyday play. Recently have had some refresh on the set up at a local shop. Love it.

Anonymous

sorry guys,im’ a bit late for the conversation(2013,mar.)anyway, i bought 1 of these,paid $250. price is still low? my reasons, it’s
      the wood. nice solid top,spruce,possible fiddleback maple back,solid, laminated maple sides.3piece mahagony neck,rosewood fretboard.3ply binding on that same neck and the headstock,4ply on the top. rosewood bridge. i really have fun restoring
      old guitars. started playing back in 1962,and repairing my own gits around the same time.usually a older guitar
      will have a few glitches? neck,joint pulls, seam seperation on the sides or back.bridge lift. it makes buyin’ a elderly guitar fun?i’ve had a few insturments in my life. repair is great relaxation, plus you get to play what you’v fixed.
      anyway, i wanted to add my voice to the symphony. enjoy playing my guitars(after 50 years, i hope to add more?)
      enjoy your old axe. best wishes, to all.

Anonymous

Hello – Has anyone here ever pulled apart the neck joint; I need to reset the neck angle. I just want to know how to approach it and kinda what the configuration it is inside. Thanks for any help you can give me. Cheers, Mike

Anonymous

I bought one for $400 back in August of ’14. It seems I paid more than most. but it sounded like no other guitar (of many) that were on display. I fell in love with the tone quality first and the natural finish second. Friends that have heard it love it’s sound quality too. It’s in nearly perfect condition with only very small dents in the wood finish from handling. Not bad for something that is over 40 yrs old. Now, if I’d just dedicate the time to learn to play the thing.

Anonymous

I purchased my FT-350 El Dorado on 4/21/75 (parents convinced me to get it instead of a 10-speed bike). The serial number is 942548. I don’t remember what I paid for it. It has sat unplayed for many years but I have recently started playing it again. Still sounds as good as when I bought it but desperately needs new strings, which I will purchase from the same store that bought it from almost 25 years ago. Not sure of the value but to me it’s priceless (the John Denver song "This old guitar" says it all).

Anonymous

the strings you want to use on her are Earthwood silk & Steel they give off such a beautiful and mellow sound that its like someone else is playing her.

Anonymous

Check out Edward Epiphone’s homepage at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/edgephone He is a songwriter & guitarist I know, and he talks about his Epiphone El Dorado; in fact, he got some MP3s recorded with that guitar.

Anonymous

: I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan. ******* I have the same exact guitar it is a 60s model

Anonymous

I have received an Epiphone Eldorado too and was sondering if anyone would happen to know the value of it…its in great condition and plays like a dream : I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan.

Anonymous

mine had been appraised at $1500.00 if that helps

Anonymous

There’s a couple of these guys at a local pawn shop here, and I’ve done a bit of research. Even the Epiphone F350’s that have the Kalamazoo label inside were likely made in Japan. As a result, they aren’t collectors items so far as I can tell and are worth about $250 – $350. That’s the bad news. The good news is that, by all accounts they a really nice guitars and have a sound and a playability waaayyy beyond their price range. All in all, that makes them really good beginner instrments and/or backup/beach guitars for those times when you want a good sound and don’t feel like, or can’t justify, schlepping your $4000 Martin to questionable places.

Anonymous

: I have received an Epiphone Eldorado too and was sondering if anyone would happen to know the value of it…its in great condition and plays like a dream : : : I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan.

Anonymous

: : I have received an Epiphone Eldorado too and was sondering if anyone would happen to know the value of it…its in great condition and plays like a dream : : : : : I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan. …I bought one (FT 350) in 1975 (think they were made for a few years before that) when Epiphone was owned by Norlin & made in Japan. Spruce top- not sure about back & sides. Looks like rosewood fretboard. Original cost was @$150- not sure what they’re worth now- but they’re solid & sound pretty decent 27 years later.

Anonymous

I have a similar model, ft-350-BL (blonde woodgrain). it was purchased around 1976, and I’ve seen another posting mentioning ’76 as a possible date for that model. The serial number was originally a stick-on label on the backside of the tuning pegs. It’s an excellant guitar. I still use mine regularly, although I’ve converted to nylon strings. : I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan.

Anonymous

I have an FT-350BL (blonde wood 6-string)without serial #, which I purchased some time in 1971 or 1972. I have inquired with Epiphone and they tell me it was made in Japan (as per the label) in the early 1970s. No clue as to value, but I would never part with it. Plays better than the Washburn I have.

Anonymous

: I received this guitar from my parents? i can’t seem to find any information about it, can anyone help in identifying the year it was made? and any other info. would be helpful, i have searched the web endlessly to no avail. It doesn’t have a serial number, just epiphone ft-350 el dorado, on the inside of the guitar, it is acoustic, with the epiphone E on the front of the guitar, and that it was made in Japan.

Anonymous

I have an Epiphone El Dorado FT 365. It has 12 strings. I bought the guitar in Spain about 25 years ago. It sounds supergood and I would never give it away.

Anonymous

Hi,just read your post in the forumn,thought id email you because i also have a el dorado 12 string that my father bought second hand from a friend on my 15th birthday,i am now 42 been playing for 30+ years and i think its the finest instrument ever,have you managed to get any more info?kind regards,Wayne(England)

Anonymous

have you any information on this guitar

Anonymous

I have one also, their is way to much pressure on the strings and the action is really high, it sounds good but it hurts to play it, i got it looked at and its gonna cost me 85 dollars that i dont have.

Anonymous

My 12 string is now a 6 string because of an accident – there is a crack along the base of the neck. But the truss rod is holding everything straight! I inherited the el dorado from my sister, and that was about 25 years ago like the other guys. What a sweet sound it has, and the action and neck are nice too. Wonder what it’s worth?

Anonymous

take you Epi to a good Luthier and they can fix that for you but it maybe a little salty, mine cost me $400.00 But trust me it was all worth it you cannot even tell he did anything to her. the El Dorado is known for doing that and raising the Bridge, have a Luthier fix your neck and put a string BUTT string holder on her and you will never put her back as a 6 string ever again.

Anonymous

I also have an epiphone el dorado FT – 350. I purchased it at a pawn shop 8 years ago for 175 dollars. It plays like it’s worth quadruple that. I also have a Martin cutaway J-40 worth $1600. I actually play the Epiphone a bit more because it’s tone and low action are outstanding. Anyway, I as well have never been able to find out when my FT – 350 was made or how much it’s worth. There is nothing on the internet anywhere. the number’s normally stop at ft – 165. if someone reads this in the next few years and feels like telling me….e-mail at [email protected] -brian

Anonymous

Brian, I purchased my Epiphone FT-350 in 1973 for $350.00 It was considered a good Gibson "knock off" at the time. I couldn’t tell you what the value of it is today but after 30 years and only one servicing, it stills sounds good, in fact better than when new since the wood has aged and mellowed the sound. I too would be curious to know what it’s intrinsic value is today. Hope that helps. Randeleigh

Anonymous

thanks, and as i said before, i hope someone e-mails me in the next few years about this…. i hope you somehow find this and smile… and of course, it’s not the price of the guitar that counts, it’s the sound that truly matters…

Anonymous

I bought my FT 350 Blond Early 70s Epiphone paying $895 with the thought in mind, to keep one of four acoustics that I have for myself. My plan will be to keep one of three acoustics of a 1975 Yairy DY-90 Jarcanda three piece back, or an Alvarez 1982, and the Epiphone. I have the least invested in the Alvarez and the most invested in the Yairy but will most likely sell two of the three guitars this year.

Anonymous

I have an Epiphone El Dorado Mine was made in 1967 and She has been appraised for $1500.00 I use Earthwood Silk and Steel strings on her and I also had a Butt Bridge put on her because the normal bridge will in in its life time raise up because of the Tension from tuning her. I also had a pick-up put in her under the string bridge with the plug put in her strap button on the bottom and let me tell you she is so gorgeous sounding and I am so confident in her string strength that I have never worried about her lifting ever again. I hope that helps you there.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.