Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Polytone Model 104 Guitar Amp

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I found a Polytone guitar amp several days ago, and I’d like to know the value of it for re-sale purposes. It says on the back "Model 104" "180 Watts" "Made in Hollywood, CAL. It has a ’60-’70’s look to it, it is very large and heavy, I cannot pick it up, it has wheels on the bottom of it. I am from the acoustic camp, just bought it to resell and fund my banjo habit. Cannot find anything on the net about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have one works and sounds great it’s 180 watts and very loud. My dual showman reverb is my favorite but the 104 is much easier to travel with. I would part with it for the right price, or trade for something make me an offer, or not! Peace!

Anonymous

Hello, saw your post about selling Polytone amp. I wanted to know if you got back any feedback. I have a Maxi-Brute model 104 with Black Velor I’m gonna try and sell.

Anonymous

Hi, I have inherited this – it switches on and all 6 channels are working. I can’t seem to work out what it is- is it a PA head?

Anonymous

IF ANYONE IS SELLING HIS POLYTONE 104 I’D LIKE HE CONTACTS ME…I’m searching for one…I’m from Slovenia Europe….thanx

Anonymous

Hey! I have a fully woking Polytone 104! Mint condition!
        360W version. If anyone still interested.

Anonymous

i don’t know much about them either..i know polytone no longer makes them…if you are selling it i’m looking for an amp…how much would you sell it for..email me back…..thanks

Anonymous

:Hey Joe: I have a Polytone 104; I bought it on eBay a few years ago for, if I recall, about $200. It sounds very much like the one you just bought. Unfortunately the label on the back is torn off making it impossible for me to quickly determine it’s wattage, among other things. I didn’t even know whether or not it was a tube amp. I opened it up today for the first time and now know that it is not a tube amp. Mine has 2 12" speakers. I am selling it to a colleague for $150. There is little information on these out on the Web as you already know. I should think that the amp you found, provided it’s in pretty good shape, could fetch a few hundred dollars. You can always contact Polytone if you wan t more info on the thing: Polytone Musical Instruments, Inc. 6865 Vineland Ave. N. Hollywood, CA 91605 818 760 2300 818 760 2302 (Fax) Good luck! –chris

Anonymous

Hi; I have a Polytone Model 104 that I purchased new years ago….It was too large for my needs so I every so often removed the vinyl cover and put a coat of preservative on it (Johnson’s Jubilee)…It has never been out of an a/c and is in New Mint condition…not a scratch on it….I guess i’ll part with it for $400. if anyone is interested…as the Lord is my judge….less than 1 hour on it.. John : 818 760 2302 (Fax) : Good luck! : –chris

Anonymous

Have you sold your Polytone 104 yet ? If not I’ll buy it for 150.00 what condition is it in? Can you send me a picture of by email? Thanks David Glens St. Louis MO 314 486-2567 : :Hey Joe: : I have a Polytone 104; I bought it on eBay a few years ago for, if I recall, about $200. It sounds very much like the one you just bought. Unfortunately the label on the back is torn off making it impossible for me to quickly determine it’s wattage, among other things. I didn’t even know whether or not it was a tube amp. I opened it up today for the first time and now know that it is not a tube amp. Mine has 2 12" speakers. I am selling it to a colleague for $150. There is little information on these out on the Web as you already know. I should think that the amp you found, provided it’s in pretty good shape, could fetch a few hundred dollars. You can always contact Polytone if you wan t more info on the thing: Polytone Musical Instruments, Inc. : 6865 Vineland Ave. : N. Hollywood, CA 91605 : 818 760 2300 : 818 760 2302 (Fax) : Good luck! : –chris

Anonymous

: April 9, 2002 Have you sold your Polytone 104 yet ? If not I’ll buy it for 150.00 what condition is it in? Can you send me a picture of by email? : Thanks David Glenn : St. Louis MO : 314 486-2567

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.