Takamine vs. Johnson brand - my first purchase :-)

Posted by Jillybean on Mon, 01/28/02 - 21:09:40.

I want to purchase my first acoustic guitar. I just began playing, and I can find a Johnson for under $100, and a Takimine for just over $150.00. Any recommendations on which would be a better model to purchase? I plan to play a little country, a little pop.

Thank you so much for any advice!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Takamine vs. Johnson brand - my first purchase :-)

: I want to purchase my first acoustic guitar. I just began playing, and I can find a Johnson for under $100, and a Takimine for just over $150.00. Any recommendations on which would be a better model to purchase? I plan to play a little country, a little pop.

: Thank you so much for any advice!!

without seeing either, Takamine
is certainly a better guitar, but for $150 I would be cautious

id definitely have to go w/ a TAK as well.
maybe the guitar you found is the lesser expensive line of TAK's... i think theyre called the "jasmine" line? look into it. sometimes you can find some decent guitars that are used at an inexpensive price as well. might be a good idea if youre interested. email me if youd like. =vic=

Just like the others I'd go with Tak, but you might look at a G-240, it is a good beginner guitar and sounds great. They run from around $169-$199

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.