Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics hohner professional ST Lynx

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about the Hohner Professional ST Lynx electric guitar?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a d hohner professional with an ACCUTONE tremelo and it’s a Ferrari body with a scorpion neck on it. Looks sick and it’s a left handed. From the 80’s.its an old shred guitar. Very cool. I bought it for $50.coukdnt believe it. I couldn’t contact th guy quick enough… Lol

Anonymous

I have found this thread useful, just bought one from a second hand shop, seems like a very good quality guitar to me. Thanks for the info!

Anonymous
      Anonymous

The hohner professional lynx is a really smart guitar. I’ve had it for over twenty years. Does anyone have a wiring diagram on it? I’;d like to know where the white wire from the humbucker/ bridge pick up, goes. The pull switch and the VBS 1 isvconnected correctly. Thanks. Errol

Anonymous

Hi, you can stick the neck back with good glue. A good cabinet maker can do this. Ive done it on 2 guitars and it works well. After all, that part of the guitar is stuck on at tge factory when first made. Errol

Anonymous

Hello musician Friends ! I have 1 St Lynx – but unfortunatelly broked the head from the neck. Where can I buy a new original neck, and how it is cost ?? Thanks.

Anonymous

yeah, i know after 9 years maybe it makes no sense to write anything but:

Lynx (after the wildcat) is one of Hohner’s professional serie. German design, Korean made instruments. It is great and underrated guitar.
      ST does not mean Sant, that is a sign to mark that it is Stratocaster (SuperStrat) shaped guitar. Hohner has had LP serie, that is also not Large Penis but also a mark for Les Paul shape.

The first ST Lynx had KBS tremolo system licensed by Steinberger (1990-1991) but this could not satisfy the expectation due to the quality. The second was licensed by floyd rose between 1991-1993.

Pickups are EMG Select humbucker at the bridge and single coil at the neck. it was a popular set for metal guitars (Ibanez, Jackson, Kramer, Hamer, ESP had similar H-S installs)

VBS-1 is a unique solution, constant tone control network and this and the master tone control pot what is a pull-push swith in the same time ensures wide variety of pick up selection and so on tone selection. it was great and high quality solution, slowly disappeared, probably due to the relatively high cost of this VBS-1 part.

The guitar price was around 670USD in 1990 and 730USD in 1993, what is around 1100USD now in 2011, so you can imagine this guitar is not the entry level chategory.

From my 4 guitars this is my favorite, t is not really compareable with my american Fender Stratocaster Standard 2002, it is not better or worse, it is different, and there are some purposes for what the Lynx is the best.

Jason
        Participant

It does make sense – that’s a great contribution that helps people looking for more information on Lynx and Hohner

Anonymous

: Does anyone know anything about the Hohner Professional ST Scorpion electric guitar?

Anonymous

I’ve been looking for a Floyd rose(Steinberger). Can you help me how to find it and tell me the price. Mine is damaged… Thank you very much!

Anonymous

: Qualquer um sabe qualquer coisa sobre a guitarra elétrica do ST Lynx do profissional de Hohner?

Anonymous

: Does anyone know anything about the Hohner Professional ST Lynx electric guitar? Yes hello my name is Julius and i have played just pure progressiv rock.Now i have 1 HOHNER Professional Sant Lynx (Color red red wine) verry good for me.

Anonymous

: : Does anyone know anything about the Hohner Professional ST Lynx electric guitar? : Yes hello my name is Julius and i have played just pure progressiv rock.Now i have 1 HOHNER Professional : Sant Lynx (Color red red wine) verry good for me. My mother cleas it cause she likes the butifull outfit and shiny collors. If Somebody is total itrested of this instrument…Yes Mama…it is for sale but mama knows the price well…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.