Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics epiphone del-ray (?) type guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I person I work with has a strange guitar he wants to sell me very cheap. I am having trouble identifying this model../its is an Epiphone and appears to be the same body shape as the del ray model. it also has some unique appointments… Not a set-neck or bolt on, the guitar body seems to be mahogany. It is made up pof two pieces 7" x 36" joined edge to edge and cut from that resulting slab. The top is two halves of a single "A" grade flamed maple. The top is not joined in the center, but, is separated by what looks like a a bleached-out portion of the body / neck / back protruding up between the halves of the top. some appointments which should be instant identifiers is the peg head…shaped like a Gibson es336 with the logo "epiphone" across the top and a "Gibson" emblem-type logo in the center of the face. It has some appointments that suggest epiphone’s attempt at appealing to the rush of Paul Reed Smith enthusiasts, perhaps on a limited budget in that it has A two point whammy bar with a strat-type mechanism and twin humbuckers. Frankly, I’m stumped, is there anyone out there that can help identify this piece and perhaps it’s value?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

You got me, a pic would help alot, sounds like a crosse between a del ray and olympic, check out: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/epiphone.html Alot of info/specs there about epi’s, and email them with your question (and again a pic if you have it), they will probally be able to tell you. : I person I work with has a strange guitar he wants to sell me very cheap. I am having trouble identifying this model../its is an Epiphone and appears to be the same body shape as the del ray model. it also has some unique appointments… Not a set-neck or bolt on, the guitar body seems to be mahogany. It is made up pof two pieces 7" x 36" joined edge to edge and cut from that resulting slab. The top is two halves of a single "A" grade flamed maple. The top is not joined in the center, but, is separated by what looks like a a bleached-out portion of the body / neck / back protruding up between the halves of the top. some appointments which should be instant identifiers is the peg head…shaped like a Gibson es336 with the logo "epiphone" across the top and a "Gibson" emblem-type logo in the center of the face. It has some appointments that suggest epiphone’s attempt at appealing to the rush of Paul Reed Smith enthusiasts, perhaps on a limited budget in that it has A two point whammy bar with a strat-type mechanism and twin humbuckers. Frankly, I’m stumped, is there anyone out there that can help identify this piece and perhaps it’s value?

Anonymous

I’ve got one. Bright red laquer finish. 2 emg select humbuckers, 2 pots with coil switching, and a 3 position toggle in the middle. Free floating strat style tremelo. Head just like a 336, with pearl Epiphone on top, and Gibson in the middle of the head, and Gibson stamped on the truss rod cover. Basic hardshell case with red liner, says Gibson on the outside. Heavy as hell and sounds good, glued neck with V-style indices on ebony fretboard, appears to be a cheap mother of pearl or very good recessed decal. Body very similar to the del rey. I have no idea of the model name or value, cant find it anywhere. I gave $100 bucks for it from a friend. Aside from the tuning problems due to a floating bridge, it is a good guitar. Has to worth a couple hudred bucks min., as it must be a somewhat rare guitar by epiphone, shoot me a e-mail.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.