Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics painting guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use….anything special?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hey guys, if you want something a bit different but affordable have a look at some designs here, everything is done by hand and commissions are welcome! I’ll do a free sketch and offer a one to one personal service. thanks!

http://www.amendesign.co.uk

also like me on facebook for competitions and news updates!

http://www.fb.com/amendesign

Anonymous

I emailed a guy that does Zakk Wyldes guitars and he said that they use automotive paints and clearcoats on the guitars that they do. I recently painted an accoustic with spray paint and a put a clear coat on. You have to sand the guitar right down to the wood and paint it in warm environment so the paint sets properly. Let the guitar sit for about 4 days then apply the clearcoat. And the rest is up to your imagination and paitence.

Anonymous

: I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use….anything special? I’ve heard car paint is very good!

Anonymous

Painting guitars requires practice and experience. Automotive paints can be used, but should be covered with a clear high gloss protective finish, or you can spray colored lacquers where the color is mixed with the final finish. Either way, don’t test anything out on your guitar first–you’ll likely be unhappy with the result. Pros are in the business for a good reason, and they earn the money they make. Do lots of ressearch and buy books, or visit the library before you botch up a nice guitar. Or hire a pro — there’s a lot of hard work involved (especially if you’re looking for a super shine). Check out my web site at: http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/ Later, Bill

Anonymous

: I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use….anything special?

Anonymous

: : I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use….anything special?

Anonymous

: : : I want to pant my bass surf green, how do I paint it, ans what kind of paint should i use….anything special? you should re think spraying your guitar it is alot more work than you think, you need a buffer spray guns, you need to take it apart and strip it and take the chance of ruining your guitar and it cost’s alot of money to refinish a guitar. if money is not an object for you than you might want to just buy a green guitar.

Anonymous

i’d take it to the guitar shop if i were you. its not like you’re using car paint or something, although it is the same idea in the technique.

Anonymous

I agree (about taking it to a shop), someone with the right equipment will be able to strip and paint it quicker (and probally better)… if you want to do it yourself search around the web as there are alot of pages showing how. : i’d take it to the guitar shop if i were you. its not like you’re using car paint or something, although it is the same idea in the technique.

Anonymous

: I agree (about taking it to a shop), someone with the right equipment will be able to strip and paint it quicker (and probally better)… if you want to do it yourself search around the web as there are alot of pages showing how. : : i’d take it to the guitar shop if i were you. its not like you’re using car paint or something, although it is the same idea in the technique. If you don’t want to do yourself have Roxy Guitar Finish do it for you. I had them refinish my 72 Les Paul in a Gold top and it was amazing. http://www.roxyguitarfinish.com

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.