Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics NOVA Electric Guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars.

Thanks

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Traded my three bolt CBS strat for on of his teles in
      1988. Finest piece of work for that job. Miss it dearly. Fiancé broke neck. All individually made. No repair. No neck. Total loss. Still dream about it. And I don’t like tele’s as much as a strat. Country gig. Only wish I still had the floyd rose /kahler hybrid tremelo that was on the strat. Live learn. Great Tele though miss itevery day.His shop was on Missouri Ave in Clw/Largo Fl.

Anonymous

I was in the nova shop in Clearwater/ largo fl back in the 80s, they were doing amazing work, top shelf

Anonymous

Despite the low cost, I have seen a Nova bass guitar, Nova acoustic dreadnought guitars and Nova mandolins which were all very good instruments. Just as good as anyone would need.

Anonymous

I owned a Buscarino Nova for three years. Possibly the best made electric guitar I have ever owned. Sold it to buy a Benedetto archtop. I have searched online for 8 years to see if a subsequent owner is/would put it up for sale so I could buy it back. if you get one – keep it.

Anonymous

i ve a tele with a nova neck, can anyone tell me how to tell if its from sears or by Buscarino, its blonde with a white pic guard, im just a beginner but it feels nice to play, I have strats and les pauls, and godins and squires (hardtail indo) and picked this one up for 40 bucks dirty, strings missing, pic ups loose, I taught myself how to do set ups, cleaned this bithch up with new ernie ball strings, every thing works,sounds good and feels not bad with a V style neck, how can I tell if its a sears crapper or johns guitar. nova logo on neck only

Anonymous

NOVA guitars can be bought at SEARS in Canada at http://www.sears.ca. These are the newer inexpensive ones. Memphis and Nova guitars might be made by the same company and may be the exact same thing only different name. Type in google then click IMAGES then enter in search box : nova guitar kijiji

Anonymous

Please’m a Professional guitarist need to know or contact the manufacturer of Electric Guitars Nova because I’m fanatical with them and their sound I have one since I started playing and would be an honor to be contacted to get to know the teachers who created them.

Angel Hernandez Band

Anonymous

Photos are at: http://www.facebook.com/chuckatbelloisebrothers

It is a set-in neck. not through body neck. The headstock is thin. i thought the finish might have been stripped to but the mohagony is so beautiful I don’t see how a gtr company could paint over it. also, from what I can see the neck has the original finish and the grain of this maple is really nice… Whats weird, the quality of the body, neck. frets is of a custom quality, but the pickup and tuners are cheap (maybe or maybe not original)??

Anonymous

I HAVE ONE

Anonymous

: Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars. : Thanks I have 2 Nova Guitars. They are nice and play well. John Buscarino made the original guitars. I have one from 1987. It plays like a dream. John pieced me another one together about 2 years ago from some spare parts he had lying around. Both guitars are of a modified strat design. The first Strat he built for me back in 1987 has a 24 fret neck and is purplish in color (the actual color is blue pearl or red).. Mine was the first ever to have this color. It became a very popular color over in the orient, I understand. It has emg battery powered pickups. What a screamer. Both guitars are well built. The last one (white body) cost me about 2k for John to put it together. He really isn’t interested in building solid body guitars anymore. The money, undoubetly, is in arc top guitars. I consider myself luck as hell to have these guitars. The guitars make after John sold Nova may indeed suck for all I know. What I do know is that John builds quality shit. If you have the chance to buy one of the guitars originally made by Jophn, I would snag it. I think that it will be worth some serious money someday.

Anonymous

Any interest in selling your buscarino strat

Anonymous

dont bother looking. they are a peice of crap. not only is there no o.d., they break easilly, and they’re only professional guitar is black on black, they even kill puppies. get a fender or a gibson you cheap son of a bitch

Anonymous

: dont bother looking. they are a peice of crap. not only is there no o.d., they break easilly, and they’re only professional guitar is black on black, they even kill puppies. get a fender or a gibson you cheap son of a bitch lol yes thay are shit i have one, but… im doing and essay on how SHITTY they are!

Anonymous

: : dont bother looking. they are a peice of crap. not only is there no o.d., they break easilly, and they’re only professional guitar is black on black, they even kill puppies. get a fender or a gibson you cheap son of a bitch : : lol yes thay are shit i have one, but… im doing and essay on how SHITTY they are! nope theyre good

Anonymous

Wrong “Nova” guitar dude, you r talking Japenese Nova guitars, not “Buscarino Nova”, WATCH U’R MOUTH!

Anonymous

I have been searching the internet for info on Nova and this is what I found: Luthier John Buscarino founded the Nova Guitar Company in 1981, and produced a number of high quality solid body electric guitars under that logo before changing to his current trademark of Buscarino.

Anonymous

So, based on this nova guitar issue, is the moral, that nova guitars just suck, or do they have hope. I have one, and if it is crap, then do you have any suggestions on a good beginner guitar or can i slide with the nova? thanks

Anonymous

: So, based on this nova guitar issue, is the moral, that nova guitars just suck, or do they have hope. I have one, and if it is crap, then do you have any suggestions on a good beginner guitar or can i slide with the nova? thanks

Anonymous

: : So, based on this nova guitar issue, is the moral, that nova guitars just suck, or do they have hope. I have one, and if it is crap, then do you have any suggestions on a good beginner guitar or can i slide with the nova? thanks I have a nova solid body model 2600 it’s ok for a beginner but I would like to know more about it I personally think a Fender squier would have been a better choice

Anonymous

if any body knows any sites tell me @ [email protected]: Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars. : Thanks

Anonymous

: if any body knows any sites tell me @ [email protected]: Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars. : : Thanks All I know is that they are sold in the sears catalogue. Try contacting them and see what they know. Andre

Anonymous

: Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars. : Thanks YES, JOHN BUSCARINA MAKES THE GUITARS IN CLEARWATER,FL. BUT IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS SINCE I’VE SEEN HIM. TRY THOROBRED MUSIC IN TAMPA. THEY MAY HAVE ONE OR MORE OF HIS GUITARS. I DON’T KNOW IF HE IS STILL MAKING THEM. I HAVEN’T SEEN ANY INFO ON IT EITHER.

Anonymous

: Does anyone have any information or a website related to Nova guitars. I have searched every where and cannot find any info on Nova guitars. : Thanks

Anonymous

John Buscarino now makes only archtop guitars. My experience is he is not helpful with information on the solid bodies he used to make.

Anonymous

: John Buscarino now makes only archtop guitars. My experience is he is not helpful with information on the solid bodies he used to make. The reason for this is legal, more than anything else. John was world-reknowned for his patented method of joining the neck to the body. It was so sturdy that a fully-stringed solid body Nova with his neck design, could still be played even with all four screws removed from the joint. In the early nineties, a group of Japanese businessmen bought Nova from John simply to get at that patent. Afterwards, I believe they closed the company and sold the name. I don’t know if the Nova guitars the other poster mentioned in the Sears catalogue are the end result, but they may be. John simply cannot discuss his solid body efforts with anyone due to his contractual obligations. Its a great shame, because I own one of his signature Stratocasters, and I would like to have commissioned a Buscarino SG or Les Paul replica to go with it. His Strat brought out skill I didn’t know that I had.

Anonymous

Any interest in selling your buscarino?

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.